Pop up clinics fill void in care

If Obamacare is so great... Why do we need these again?

Pop-Up Health Clinics Fill a Void in Care

The obvious answer is that Obamacare does not do a lot of things.

When you buy a bronze plan and your deductible is huge....all you have is a catastrophic plan. It covers one contingency.

You might not have the money for your deductible on a regular basis and these clinics fill a need.

Obamacare......a gift to the insurance industry.
And the people running it soaking the taxpayers big $$ for salaries.

Then what you are going to get is a whine about how come they pulling out of the exchanges (or threatening to).

Somehow this is conflate with "they are not making money". The two are not connected.

Obamacare driven policies are a small portion of insurance.

But Obamacare reaches beyond those and appears to be helping them make more money.
I think the latest one is UHC that says they lost 400+ million and will end participation by 2017.

Have kids?

Ever smashed your thumb with a hammer on a weekend?

If they answer to both is "no," then it would be difficult for you to understand.

Also, as you failed to answer RE: hospital funds, what happens when the money runs out?

And what do these pop-up clinics do for, say, heart attacks or chronic conditions?
Obamacare WAS supposed to replace all of those things AND put them under one tent. There is no reason tax payers should be paying Obamcare PLUS Planned Parenthood.

Obamcare was supposed to do away with planned parenthood NOT add to it.
Plus funding free clinics

So you want the government to step in and take the freedom to run these clinics away from the nonprofits? Why?
Incorrect. That's what the libs wanted.

I'd get out of this conversation if I was you.

She has continually shown herself to be a moron who will do nothing but post illogical BS on a 24 hour basis.
Like most trolls they just like to argue semantics and against points you didn't make.

Texas isn't the only derp-derp state:

View attachment 63776

Hell, even Alaska and Kentucky saw the light...
Please note that not all states with pop up clinics are yellow. Lest you be considered a hack. :)

My concern is that the maximum number of Americans get the healthcare they need. If that's how you define a "hack," well, knock yourself out.
Does that " Maximum " include the 1 million that lost their subsidies and the 470,000 that lost coverage all together?
If people had jobs they would have Health Insurance.
Anything else is a Band-Aid.

Not anymore:

Percent of Private Sector Establishments That Offer Health Insurance to Employees

Please note that not all states with pop up clinics are yellow. Lest you be considered a hack. :)

My concern is that the maximum number of Americans get the healthcare they need. If that's how you define a "hack," well, knock yourself out.
Does that " Maximum " include the 1 million that lost their subsidies and the 470,000 that lost coverage all together?

Not anymore:

Percent of Private Sector Establishments That Offer Health Insurance to Employees

One thing I have taken notice of is that a job applicant is more likely to be offered a position if his or her spouse already has Health Insurance.
We are going pre-FDR.

Not anymore:

Percent of Private Sector Establishments That Offer Health Insurance to Employees

One thing I have taken notice of is that a job applicant is more likely to be offered a position if his or her spouse already has Health Insurance.
We are going pre-FDR.

Interesting, and I guess we can look forward to more and more of that as the Kind, Benevolent Corporations do their damnedest to cut more and more of their employees out of the loop. Another reason for single-payer.

Not anymore:

We are going pre-FDR.

That really is a sad state of affairs.

I have to wonder what it cost an employer to insure an individual and his/her family.

Not anymore:

We are going pre-FDR.

I have to wonder what it cost an employer to insure an individual and his/her family.
Probably about 20K/year.

Not anymore:

We are going pre-FDR.

Probably about 20K/year.

Not if they buy blocks of group health. I'd like to see some actual data to support that figure.

Not anymore:

yep. that went along with the rightiwingnuts destroying collective bargaining.

Not anymore:

We are going pre-FDR.

Probably about 20K/year.

Not if they buy blocks of group health. I'd like to see some actual data to support that figure.
Me too but nobody talks.

We are going pre-FDR.

Probably about 20K/year.

Me too but nobody talks.

I guess the CFO doesn't want to state any specific figures in case this time next year he has to call a meeting and look all solemn and explain how their concern for the poor widdle shareholders means that nobody below the executive suite gets to have health insurance anymore.

We are going pre-FDR.

Probably about 20K/year.

Me too but nobody talks.

I guess the CFO doesn't want to state any specific figures in case this time next year he has to call a meeting and look all solemn and explain how their concern for the poor widdle shareholders means that nobody below the executive suite gets to have health insurance anymore.
What corporations would that be? List them.

Probably about 20K/year.

Me too but nobody talks.

You owe me a few more datasets first.

Meanwhile, you can content yourself with raw numbers:

Percent of Private Sector Establishments That Offer Health Insurance to Employees

Probably about 20K/year.

Me too but nobody talks.

Would that be fast food establishments that only hire part timers? Or regular corporations like Microsoft, Honeywell etc?

Me too but nobody talks.

Would that be fast food establishments that only hire part timers? Or regular corporations like Microsoft, Honeywell etc?
Microsoft? 98% Indian Business Visas...no Health Insurance for them.

Me too but nobody talks.

Ditto IBM, whatever is left of them in the US, that is.

Me too but nobody talks.

The conversation is around major corporations that used to provide health insurance but then decided not to.

Well yeah if we are counting corporations forced to outsource you can add almost all of the major insurance companies and hospital supply distributors.

Well yeah if we are counting corporations forced to outsource you can add almost all of the major insurance companies and hospital supply distributors.
Outsource?
Neither one needed to OFF-SHORE.
MS has not produced a meaningful piece of software since 1998.
IBM has not produced a meaningful piece of software since 1968.

Me too but nobody talks.

The conversation is around major corporations that used to provide health insurance but then decided not to.
Like who?

Forum List

Back