Pope Benedict to resign

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Humble? Really? Because running around in red Prada shoes and blessing Lamborghinis (like he did when he first started), is anything but humble.

BTW.................wanna talk about the pedophiles in the priesthood that Bent Dick Rat Singer has basically given a pass to?

And yeah..................if the prophecies of St. Malachi are correct, the next pope is going to be named Peter the Roman, and he's going to bring about the end of the Catholic church.

Prophecy of the Popes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd first heard of them in 2000, when JPII was still pope, and waited to see if the next one would be named Benedict. Let's see if he's correct on this one as well.

1. A prudent man would realize that Catholics are indeed the center and only religion by now.
2. Welcome Pope Peter.
3. Then *THE END* or shall I say *ETERNITY*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Actually, a prudent man would realize that there are more facets of God than what is proscribed by a single religion.

Catholics are the center? Really? They're actually a religion that was stolen from the Jews, and mixed in with pagan beliefs.

Wanna talk about Easter and Christmas?

1. Catholicism is the glue holding this world together.
2. Remove Catholics, and see total chaos abound the world, not to mention the universe.
3. Yeah, Catholic religion is all you need to get closer to God.
4. Easter and Christmas are fine, but for the unclean they seem unclean.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Prophecies, all the faithful, even the saints are all not perfect in their words or promises. Only when the Church teaches on faith and morals, or when the pope speaks ex cathedra is it without error. That is how the Lord established His Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against thee --- try as one might.

People always take the gates of hades promise out of context. Christ was promising the resurrection of the Church, not that it wouldn't die. After all, the Church is people.

First time in almost 600 years that a pope has resigned.

Pope Benedict to resign at the end of the month, Vatican says - CNN.com

Dont they die in the chair? Something aint right here. Ever see the last pope and his condition at the end? He could barely hold his head up and was a figure head but he kept the title until he died.

This is all aobut Priest kid touchers in my opinion.

The Pope can resign if he feels he is unable to fulfill his responsibilities. It has nothing to do with pedophile priests. Especially since he has absolutely no liability in regards to them. He wasn't Pope when the scandals happened. Nor has he supported them in anyway.

Your opinion likely has very little to do with his resignation.

Prophecies, all the faithful, even the saints are all not perfect in their words or promises. Only when the Church teaches on faith and morals, or when the pope speaks ex cathedra is it without error. That is how the Lord established His Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against thee --- try as one might.

People always take the gates of hades promise out of context. Christ was promising the resurrection of the Church, not that it wouldn't die. After all, the Church is people.

No, I am not accepting your interpretation. This has nothing to do with people, it has to do with the ongoing insitution and authority here on earth so ordained by Christ. When He says the gates of hell shall not prevail against thee, I do not see how you can say that means the Church will have a resurrection some time in the future? I think it more implies (and I will research this if I have to) something more direct, that being, that hell with all its fury will try to destroy the Church by attacking its clergy, its popes, and causing them to fall. It will also attack its doctrines and teachings by having the people turn against what the Church teaches. But through all that the Church will remain until the end of time. Now during the end of time, which I consider to be the tribulation years just prior to Jesus' return, there I can see the Church turning away because of possibly a corrupt pope or a divided clergy, etc. But for 2000+ years until then, the Church has been the guiding voice for the people and thee sole authority representing heaven. I know you don't like that, but that's just what it has been and it is what Christ said it would be.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. A prudent man would realize that Catholics are indeed the center and only religion by now.
2. Welcome Pope Peter.
3. Then *THE END* or shall I say *ETERNITY*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Actually, a prudent man would realize that there are more facets of God than what is proscribed by a single religion.

Catholics are the center? Really? They're actually a religion that was stolen from the Jews, and mixed in with pagan beliefs.

Wanna talk about Easter and Christmas?

1. Catholicism is the glue holding this world together.
2. Remove Catholics, and see total chaos abound the world, not to mention the universe.
3. Yeah, Catholic religion is all you need to get closer to God.
4. Easter and Christmas are fine, but for the unclean they seem unclean.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Catholicism is the glue holding this world together? Sorry but that's complete nonsense.

No, I am not accepting your interpretation. This has nothing to do with people, it has to do with the ongoing insitution and authority here on earth so ordained by Christ. When He says the gates of hell shall not prevail against thee, I do not see how you can say that means the Church will have a resurrection some time in the future? I think it more implies (and I will research this if I have to) something more direct, that being, that hell with all its fury will try to destroy the Church by attacking its clergy, its popes, and causing them to fall. It will also attack its doctrines and teachings by having the people turn against what the Church teaches. But through all that the Church will remain until the end of time. Now during the end of time, which I consider to be the tribulation years just prior to Jesus' return, there I can see the Church turning away because of possibly a corrupt pope or a divided clergy, etc. But for 2000+ years until then, the Church has been the guiding voice for the people and thee sole authority representing heaven. I know you don't like that, but that's just what it has been and it is what Christ said it would be.

You need to ask yourself what does a gate do? It keeps people in or keeps people out. So the gates of hades would either keep people in hades (Ie dead) or keep them out (meaning we are immortal). If Christ was implying that we or the Church would never die, then the gates of hades would be prevailing at keeping us out of hades ie keeping us from dying. The only reason we would need a promise that the gates of hades would not prevail against us is if the Church was to die and Christ was promising that the Church would not remain dead. Through the resurrection of Christ, everyone will be given the gift of immortality and rise from physical death.

We must also remember that the Church is a type for Christ. In fact, the Church is often called the body of Christ. The body of Christ died and was restored to life. So is the Church of Jesus Christ.

Sorry bout that,

1. Huggy needs to learn The Pope is 85 years old.
2. And Huggy isn't going to make it.3. Poor Huggy.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Make What? I make things all of the time.

You are going to get what everyone gets when they die. Nothing. I do wish you could be cognisant for a short period when blood stops pumping to your brain so you could see how stupid you have been. But that won't happen. Too bad.

Last edited:
Pope Paul kissed the Qur'an and proclaimed that the God of Islam and the God of Christianity were the same God.
That was frightening enough, considering Allah has no son.

Are the God of Christianity and YHWH the same God, as the latter has no son either?

Well, let's put St. Malachy's money where his mouth was:

"In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock among many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city (Rome, the seat of the Vatican) will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people."
If Petrus Romanus ends up being the next pope, he'll be anti-Christ and pro New World Order.
We'll see.

Doesn't look particularly Roman.

$peterTurkson_2479141b.jpg

Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana

Pope resigns: Peter Turkson reveals vision for the Church and 'alternative lifestyles' - Telegraph

From the finger of God...
:eusa_eh:
What is the chance of lightning striking St Peter's?
1 March 2013 When Pope Benedict XVI announced his resignation on 11 February, it wasn't the only shock to hit the Vatican. There were also electrical shocks, as two separate bolts of lightning struck St Peter's. An act of God, some concluded - but how unlikely is such an event?
Let us look first at St Peter's Basilica. "The risk factors include the dimensions of the structure, its location and its location relative to other buildings around it," explains Matthew Waldrum from Omega Red Group, who assesses the risk of lightning hitting buildings. "The construction material of the building is obviously also very important. "It's an extremely large structure. It's not exactly isolated, but it certainly towers over its surroundings, which means that lightning is more likely to hit it than any of the surrounding buildings."

The fact that no damage occurred to the basilica suggests that it is quite well protected against lightning. But Waldrum and his colleagues carried out a theoretical calculation of the risk of loss of life due to lightning in a similar building frequented by large numbers of people, in a similar setting - assuming the lack of any lightning protection. "We have carried out a theoretical calculation for a building like St Peter's Basilica. The outcome is that - compared to a tolerable risk level of one in 100,000 (in any one year) - we have actually come out with a risk of one in 112. That is pretty high." Crudely speaking, if there is lightning around, St Peter's has a reasonably high chance of getting a bolt.

_66156631_basilica-304x449.jpg

Another factor that needs considering is the level of lightning activity in early February in the region around Rome - something the UK's Met Office is able to monitor and record with the help of a system of sensors dotted around Europe. "The records the Met Office keeps of lightning data is essentially the co-ordinates of the lightning strike and the time that the lightning strike occurred when it was picked up by our system. "That can then be used to create lightning maps and lightning density maps, so you can tell how many strikes occurred in a given region," says Graeme Anderson, a Met Office lightning detection scientist.

Thanks to the pictures of the event taken by photographers, Anderson was able to identify the exact time of the strike, and he was able to find the record that this particular strike had created. "We were able to look back at our data and zoom in on the Vatican area. There was quite a lot of lightning activity in the area at that time, but we did record a lightning stroke within the area of Rome at 17.54 and 24 seconds." "Given the time of arrival it's very likely that this is in fact the same lightning stroke that struck St Peter's, being picked up by our system." But is it unusual?

More BBC News - What is the chance of lightning striking St Peter's?

Forum List

Back