Pope criticizes building walls to keep migrants out

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE, March 31 (Reuters) - Pope Francis said on Sunday that political leaders who want walls and other barriers to keep migrants out "will end up becoming prisoners of the walls they build".

The pope made his comments to reporters aboard the plane returning from Morocco in response to a question about migration in general and about U.S. President Donald Trump's threat to shut down the southern border with Mexico.

"Builders of walls, be they made of razor wire or bricks, will end up becoming prisoners of the walls they build," he said.

Francis, who did not mention Trump in his response, has sparred with the U.S. president before over migration, which was a theme of several questions on the plane as well as during the trip to Morocco.

Trump has declared a national emergency to justify redirecting money earmarked for the military to pay for his promised U.S.-Mexico border wall.

"I realize that with this problem (of migration), a government has a hot potato in its hands, but it must be resolved differently, humanely, not with razor wire," the Argentine-born pope said on the plane.

I was wondering if they have trouble with the Pope's plane or helicopter landing inside the walls of the Vatican.

Boy, I never thought that if Trump builds a wall, I would be a prisoner in this country! Good Grief, the sky is falling! And razor wire is fine. Just a friendly reminder that coming over that wall is illegal. So don't do it!

This is not the brightest Pope...

That is fucking moronic. Walls to keep people out do not a prison make.

That fact that we need walls to keep people out, shows what a fine place this is.

That fact that we need walls to keep people out, shows what a fine place this is.

Ever been to Rome? Look at the F#@$ing wall around the Vatican...……. Hypocrite. Hey Pope Dude! Tear down your wall and let the migrants and Pilgrims in. Young boys would be most welcome I imagine.:abgg2q.jpg:

How ironic ...

60-vatican%20city%20walls.JPG

The pope is a commie, which is why we renounced our membership to the unholy vatican....

The rampant pedophilia and faggotry in the priesthood was bad enough.

The Pope ??? Who gives a flying saucer about what he thinks ? He's just another sinner like the rest are in life.

The Pope, who lives in a compound surrounded by a high wall and guards at every entry point, should spend more time talking about all the pedophile priests in the Catholic Church and should take much stronger action against them.

Ever been to Rome? Look at the F#@$ing wall around the Vatican...……. Hypocrite. Hey Pope Dude! Tear down your wall and let the migrants and Pilgrims in. Young boys would be most welcome I imagine.:abgg2q.jpg:

There is no wall around the Vatican...

In Defense of Trump, Some Point (Wrongly) to Vatican Walls

140fbc7446fbc256eb1ee2de6cc51c8f.jpg

That is the boarder...

ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE, March 31 (Reuters) - Pope Francis said on Sunday that political leaders who want walls and other barriers to keep migrants out "will end up becoming prisoners of the walls they build".

The pope made his comments to reporters aboard the plane returning from Morocco in response to a question about migration in general and about U.S. President Donald Trump's threat to shut down the southern border with Mexico.

"Builders of walls, be they made of razor wire or bricks, will end up becoming prisoners of the walls they build," he said.

Francis, who did not mention Trump in his response, has sparred with the U.S. president before over migration, which was a theme of several questions on the plane as well as during the trip to Morocco.

Trump has declared a national emergency to justify redirecting money earmarked for the military to pay for his promised U.S.-Mexico border wall.

"I realize that with this problem (of migration), a government has a hot potato in its hands, but it must be resolved differently, humanely, not with razor wire," the Argentine-born pope said on the plane.

I was wondering if they have trouble with the Pope's plane or helicopter landing inside the walls of the Vatican.

Boy, I never thought that if Trump builds a wall, I would be a prisoner in this country! Good Grief, the sky is falling! And razor wire is fine. Just a friendly reminder that coming over that wall is illegal. So don't do it!

Yet the Vatican is surrounded by a …………………………………….WALL.

I'm all for minefields and machine guns.

me too!

There is no wall around the Vatican...

In Defense of Trump, Some Point (Wrongly) to Vatican Walls

140fbc7446fbc256eb1ee2de6cc51c8f.jpg

That is the boarder...

Correct ! the Vatican is a Country! Soooooo… the Only Sovereign Country in The world Completely Surrounded by a wall is the One Country that is "Pontificating" about not having walls to keep people out! Who cares what "Uncle Pervy" The Lord high Molester thinks or says! Hypocrite probably has children in his closet!:dev3:

Not minefields! The Bodies are hard to pick up, machine guns drop 'em in place. Got to be cost effective. Or leave their rotting corpses where they drop as a warning to the next adventurers. :dance:

Well then the fucking pope can pay to take care of these people.

Who is the fucking pope anyway? Where the hell does the bible say the word "pope?"

That's more of that made-up catholic bullshit. I could care less what he says or thinks.

Forum List

Back