Pope Francis called ideological Christianity “an illness”

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
In ideologies there is not Jesus: in his tenderness, his love, his meekness. And ideologies are rigid, always. Of every sign: rigid. And when a Christian becomes a disciple of the ideology, he has lost the faith: he is no longer a disciple of Jesus, he is a disciple of this attitude of thought… For this reason Jesus said to them: ‘You have taken away the key of knowledge.’ The knowledge of Jesus is transformed into an ideological and also moralistic knowledge, because these close the door with many requirements. The faith becomes ideology and ideology frightens, ideology chases away the people, distances, distances the people and distances of the Church of the people. But it is a serious illness, this of ideological Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh?”

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Pope Francis Says Ideological Christians Have An Illness

I have been saying the same for years. I really appreciate hearing it from the most powerful spiritual leader in the world.

We no longer have a personal relationship with Christ when we transform faith into a moralistic attitude or puritanical code of conduct.

Pope Francis then emphasized that the attitude of those who lose their faith in preference of personal ideologies is “rigid, moralistic, ethical, but without kindness.”

“But why is it that a Christian can become like this? Just one thing: this Christian does not pray. And if there is no prayer, you always close the door.”

“The key that opens the door to the faith,” the Pope noted, “is prayer,” and “when a Christian does not pray, this happens. And his witness is an arrogant witness.”

The Christian who does not pray, urged the Pope, is “arrogant, is proud, is sure of himself. He is not humble. He seeks his own advancement…when a Christian prays, he is not far from the faith; he speaks with Jesus.”

When we pray, the Pope reflected, Jesus tells us to “go into your room and pray to the Father in secret, heart to heart,” because “It is one thing to pray, and another thing to say prayers.”

Those who do not pray abandon the faith, stressed the Pope, and allow it to become a “moralistic, casuistic ideology, without Jesus.”

In ideologies there is not Jesus: in his tenderness, his love, his meekness. And ideologies are rigid, always. Of every sign: rigid. And when a Christian becomes a disciple of the ideology, he has lost the faith: he is no longer a disciple of Jesus, he is a disciple of this attitude of thought… For this reason Jesus said to them: ‘You have taken away the key of knowledge.’ The knowledge of Jesus is transformed into an ideological and also moralistic knowledge, because these close the door with many requirements. The faith becomes ideology and ideology frightens, ideology chases away the people, distances, distances the people and distances of the Church of the people. But it is a serious illness, this of ideological Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh?”

I have been saying the same for years. I really appreciate hearing it from the most powerful spiritual leader in the world.

Dear God you are a stupid fuck. Do you need someone to explain to you what he said? Here it is in context, nutsack. Go ask your babysitter to dumb-it-down to mildly retarded/simpleton level so you can comprehend...

Idiot.

“The faith becomes ideology and ideology frightens, ideology chases away the people, distances, distances the people and distances of the Church of the people. But it is a serious illness, this of ideological Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh? Already the Apostle John, in his first Letter, spoke of this. Christians who lose the faith and prefer the ideologies. His attitude is: be rigid, moralistic, ethical, but without kindness. This can be the question, no? But why is it that a Christian can become like this? Just one thing: this Christian does not pray. And if there is no prayer, you always close the door.”“The key that opens the door to the faith,” the Pope added, “is prayer.” The Holy Father warned: “When a Christian does not pray, this happens. And his witness is an arrogant witness.” He who does not pray is “arrogant, is proud, is sure of himself. He is not humble. He seeks his own advancement.” Instead, he said, “when a Christian prays, he is not far from the faith; he speaks with Jesus.” And, the Pope said, “I say to pray, I do not say to say prayers, because these teachers of the law said many prayers” in order to be seen. Jesus, instead, says: “when you pray, go into your room and pray to the Father in secret, heart to heart.” The pope continued: “It is one thing to pray, and another thing to say prayers.”

Dear God you are a stupid fuck. Do you need someone to explain to you what he said? Here it is in context, nutsack. Go ask your babysitter to dumb-it-down to mildly retarded/simpleton level so you can comprehend...

Idiot.

“The faith becomes ideology and ideology frightens, ideology chases away the people, distances, distances the people and distances of the Church of the people. But it is a serious illness, this of ideological Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh? Already the Apostle John, in his first Letter, spoke of this. Christians who lose the faith and prefer the ideologies. His attitude is: be rigid, moralistic, ethical, but without kindness. This can be the question, no? But why is it that a Christian can become like this? Just one thing: this Christian does not pray. And if there is no prayer, you always close the door.”“The key that opens the door to the faith,” the Pope added, “is prayer.” The Holy Father warned: “When a Christian does not pray, this happens. And his witness is an arrogant witness.” He who does not pray is “arrogant, is proud, is sure of himself. He is not humble. He seeks his own advancement.” Instead, he said, “when a Christian prays, he is not far from the faith; he speaks with Jesus.” And, the Pope said, “I say to pray, I do not say to say prayers, because these teachers of the law said many prayers” in order to be seen. Jesus, instead, says: “when you pray, go into your room and pray to the Father in secret, heart to heart.” The pope continued: “It is one thing to pray, and another thing to say prayers.”

I see by your signature you've engaged in a bit of introspection, good job. Keep in mind that's how everyone who has read your vulgar and hateful posts perceived you, though with a few more adjectives. "Idiot" serves you well, thus I won't add the aforementioned adjectives.

Pope Francis is a sinful liar who will lead all His people into their graves without knowing the Truth.

Pope Francis is a sinful liar who will lead all His people into their graves without knowing the Truth.

"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"

Idiot.

Per your neg rep "dear God, what a brain dead fuck," - now, I may be wrong?

But I think you can go to hell for talking about the pope that way.

I think you could benefit from reading the Bible.

I think you could benefit from reading the Bible.

You could benefit from weight watchers a diet and a facelift, tubby

As usual, the media is proving they don't listen. If you want to understand what he is really saying, look at what the Catholic News services are saying.

“When a Christian becomes a disciple of ideology,” urged the Pope, “he has lost the faith: he is no longer a disciple of Jesus, he is a disciple of this attitude of thought,” and “the knowledge of Jesus is transformed into an ideological and also moralistic knowledge.”
“Ideology frightens, ideology chases away the people,” he stressed, stating that it is because of this that many are distanced from the Church.

Do not reduce the faith to 'moralistic' ideology, Pope warns :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)

This man called Pope Francis is morally insane and anyone who listens to him is equally so. His denial of Jesus Christ and the Words of Jesus Christ speak for itself. If you are still inside the Roman Catholic church do not walk away. RUN!

This is the great falling away that is mentioned in the bible. Many will listen to false teachers and follow them. Others will recognize them for what they are and leave. There are many followers of Jesus Christ inside the RCC who are priests and nuns. I spoke to a Catholic woman on the phone yesterday who told me her priest was at a conference put on by the Roman Catholic Church.

The priest said it was very hot outside and he walked over to a table provided by the RCC for refreshments, drinks. He asked for a bottle of water and the woman behind the table set up told him the drinks were only for the workers. He said, but I am a priest! I am only asking for a drink of water! Could you not give me a cup of water? She said, "No." The water is only for the workers putting on this conference. Not for anyone else.

He said, Jesus said, when I was thirsty you gave me to drink. Where is the Christ like behavior in what you are doing? She and the other workers were in agreement he would get no water and it mattered not that he was a Roman Catholic Priest attending the conference there. I am sure the priest had never seen such unchristlike behavior coming from the very leadership of the Roman Catholic Church. ( she said this is was the orders she received concerning who recieved water and who didn't ) I felt great compassion for that priest realizing that he is just now getting the picture of what is to come.

I am praying for him that he will leave the RCC as many are and serve Christ without the constraints of an anti christ at the helm. I wish him the very best. Many Catholics are leaving the RCC at this hour because of this anti christ pope. When the leader is Morally Insane what other choice do they have? They are in my prayers.

I asked some ex-catholics and this is the reply:

The Article Is Trash
It is "religion" that is a "sickness."
This story lacks any certainty on what the pope meant, so is not worthy to be taken seriously IMO.
The piece is a "piece" of leftist/liberal/progressive propaganda IMO.
The site containing the article is obviously rabidly anti-conservative and anti-republican.
A glance at the comments box should back up my thoughts.smiley: eyes

Chuck, I believe this man appointed Pope is morally insane and has no relationship with Jesus Christ whatsoever. On the other hand, I know that there are people who attend catholic churches, priests and nuns in charismatic services - rcc members - and they are going through great spiritual warfare right now as they weigh out whether they should stay or go. I do not believe the Lord would keep them there - I believe this is the hour in which the Lord is speaking to his people and saying, "Come out from among them and be ye separated". It is a very bad time for them and I pray they make it out with all of their families following straight behind them... very sad. As for the pope with the anti christ spirit - all we can do is pray for him and write God have mercy over his doorpost. He's morally insane.

This man called Pope Francis is morally insane and anyone who listens to him is equally so. His denial of Jesus Christ and the Words of Jesus Christ speak for itself. If you are still inside the Roman Catholic church do not walk away. RUN!

This is the great falling away that is mentioned in the bible. Many will listen to false teachers and follow them. Others will recognize them for what they are and leave. There are many followers of Jesus Christ inside the RCC who are priests and nuns. I spoke to a Catholic woman on the phone yesterday who told me her priest was at a conference put on by the Roman Catholic Church.

The priest said it was very hot outside and he walked over to a table provided by the RCC for refreshments, drinks. He asked for a bottle of water and the woman behind the table set up told him the drinks were only for the workers. He said, but I am a priest! I am only asking for a drink of water! Could you not give me a cup of water? She said, "No." The water is only for the workers putting on this conference. Not for anyone else.

He said, Jesus said, when I was thirsty you gave me to drink. Where is the Christ like behavior in what you are doing? She and the other workers were in agreement he would get no water and it mattered not that he was a Roman Catholic Priest attending the conference there. I am sure the priest had never seen such unchristlike behavior coming from the very leadership of the Roman Catholic Church. ( she said this is was the orders she received concerning who recieved water and who didn't ) I felt great compassion for that priest realizing that he is just now getting the picture of what is to come.

I am praying for him that he will leave the RCC as many are and serve Christ without the constraints of an anti christ at the helm. I wish him the very best. Many Catholics are leaving the RCC at this hour because of this anti christ pope. When the leader is Morally Insane what other choice do they have? They are in my prayers.

Chuck, I believe this man appointed Pope is morally insane and has no relationship with Jesus Christ whatsoever. On the other hand, I know that there are people who attend catholic churches, priests and nuns in charismatic services - rcc members - and they are going through great spiritual warfare right now as they weigh out whether they should stay or go. I do not believe the Lord would keep them there - I believe this is the hour in which the Lord is speaking to his people and saying, "Come out from among them and be ye separated". It is a very bad time for them and I pray they make it out with all of their families following straight behind them... very sad. As for the pope with the anti christ spirit - all we can do is pray for him and write God have mercy over his doorpost. He's morally insane.

If Yeshua reads this he might swarm in on you with a whip as he did to the money changers in the Temple...

That, Jeremiah, is what I will not tolerate and what I left. You dare to say that all Catholics are hell-bound, further turning people of faith against each other?! That is not your call. Do you hear me?

"Forbid them not." What does that refer to? I contend that anybody who takes a path to walk with God - it is NOT for you to judge their path, and try to make them walk a different one. And you most assuredly have no business trying to strike fear in their hearts that if they don't walk YOUR path, they are hell-bound.

You just don't.

Forum List

Back