Pope Francis Slams ‘Trickle Down’ Economics

and Greed at the Top!

Pope Francis Slams ?Trickle Down? Economics and Greed at the Top - ABC News

Tee hee. Now what's a Southern Bigot to do. Support the GOP and their economic dogma and that of Pat Roberson; or the Pope? Methinks flour sack investment might be a good idea.

Southern bigots aren't Catholic. Of course, they're not, which I was I mentioned the flour sacks. The KKK was anti Catholic too.

I find it funny that so many people who reject Catholicism have found religion now that the Pope has a left-leaning view of economics. I wonder if they'll forgive his hard stance on abortion.

What you call "left-leaning" I call "Jesus-leaning" for what Pope Francis is saying is what I learned from the Nuns and Priests during Catechism.

I like Pope Francis because he is reaching out to people instead of imposing rules, but he isn't saying anything new.

Really? Then your not listening.

Now show me where he says to put the government in charge of these things.

and Greed at the Top!

Tee hee. Now what's a Southern Bigot to do. Support the GOP and their economic dogma and that of Pat Roberson; or the Pope? Methinks flour sack investment might be a good idea.

The Pope is representative of millions, and represents the continuing shift of support away from failed rightwing fiscal dogma, their doctrine of greed, and errant belief that humans are motivated solely by fear.

and Greed at the Top!

The Pope is representative of millions, and represents the continuing shift of support away from failed rightwing fiscal dogma, their doctrine of greed, and errant belief that humans are motivated solely by fear.

^ that

Reagan's "trickle down" (a derisive and intentionally misleading Liberal slur) launched three decades of prosperity; Obama's redistribution economics have record unemployment and poverty so bad that even his VP said "The middle class has been buried these past four years"

Don't give any money to this church

Reagan's first four years in office saw 7% unemployment.

That didn't change until he started spending like crazy during his second term.

But don't let that little fact get in your way.

:lol:

True.

The unemployment rate was at 7.3 per cent in 1985, 6.7 percent in 1986, and 6.6 percent in 1987, respectively.

As with the ‘success’ of trickle-down, the Reagan ‘low employment’ myth is indeed just that: a myth.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Last edited:
Southern bigots aren't Catholic. Of course, they're not, which I was I mentioned the flour sacks. The KKK was anti Catholic too.

I find it funny that so many people who reject Catholicism have found religion now that the Pope has a left-leaning view of economics. I wonder if they'll forgive his hard stance on abortion.

What you call "left-leaning" I call "Jesus-leaning" for what Pope Francis is saying is what I learned from the Nuns and Priests during Catechism.

I like Pope Francis because he is reaching out to people instead of imposing rules, but he isn't saying anything new.

I can't because he didn't. Sarcasm doesn't absolve you of not listening to his message.

He's speaking to the power elite, the Plutocrats and fascists who have undo influence on our laws and policies, and he's speaking to the poor and middle class, who in a democratic republic have the final say as to who hold the reigns of power. And he's speaking to the media, to be honest and forthright, and he's speaking to the greedy, who believe the propaganda put forth by demagogues and charlatans and power elite.

Last edited:
Liberals and other idiots think that government giving money to the poor is compassion. Helping poor people yourself is compassion. Using the police power of government to take money from someone to give to the poor is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. If you are compassionate, you will help people, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right.

This is very true, however the overlaying point that the Pope is pointing out is that the obscenely rich can not be trusted to behave compassionately. You need look no further than the Vatican to see that, although I doubt they have enough money to feed, clothe, and shelter the entire world's poor population. The Vatican would be a good start, and it surely would be a case of putting their money where their mouth is, but we would need the rest of the morbidly rich to lead more normal lives and be compassionate to secure everyone.

The problem with this kind if thinking is this:

Lets say you have 1 billion poor starving people on this planet. If all if the rich pooled their money and gave it to feed those poor, in 20 years you would have 2 billion poor and starving people and no more rich to feed them.

That's sort of ridiculous.

This country alone throws away enough food to feed everyone. With no problem.

The issue is basically are screwed up way of looking at things.

I can't because he didn't. Sarcasm doesn't absolve you of not listening to his message.

He's speaking to the power elite, the Plutocrats and fascists who have undo influence on our laws and policies, and he's speaking to the poor and middle class, who in a democratic republic have the final say as to who hold the reigns of power. And he's speaking to the media, to be honest and forthright, and he's speaking to the greedy, who believe the propaganda put forth by demagogues and charlatans and power elite.

And he's saying the we should do this by choice to glorify God, not elect politicians to carry out these tasks for us. Your pro-government leanings don't absolve you of missing that key point.

Last edited:
0PwQVtn.jpg

Liberals and other idiots think that government giving money to the poor is compassion. Helping poor people yourself is compassion. Using the police power of government to take money from someone to give to the poor is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. If you are compassionate, you will help people, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right.

This is very true, however the overlaying point that the Pope is pointing out is that the obscenely rich can not be trusted to behave compassionately. You need look no further than the Vatican to see that, although I doubt they have enough money to feed, clothe, and shelter the entire world's poor population. The Vatican would be a good start, and it surely would be a case of putting their money where their mouth is, but we would need the rest of the morbidly rich to lead more normal lives and be compassionate to secure everyone.

Lets say you have 1 billion poor starving people on this planet. If all if the rich pooled their money and gave it to feed those poor, in 20 years you would have 2 billion poor and starving people and no more rich to feed them.

You must not be familiar with the lavish lifestyles the rich of our times enjoy. We live in a time of excess, and with our excess resources comes excess waste. That is the major problem with the wealthy, they feel entitled to their multi-billion dollar profits. The only actual work they did was invest with money they most likely got through inheritance, which in most cases was stolen from the meek generations ago. There are few self-made billionaires, and the few there are tend to be more compassionate with their earnings. Their compassion is only relatively great, though.

You must not be familiar with the lavish lifestyles the rich of our times enjoy. We live in a time of excess, and with our excess resources comes excess waste. That is the major problem with the wealthy, they feel entitled to their multi-billion dollar profits. The only actual work they did was invest with money they most likely got through inheritance, which in most cases was stolen from the meek generations ago. There are few self-made billionaires, and the few there are tend to be more compassionate with their earnings. Their compassion is only relatively great, though.

You forgot to add the disclaimer:

--This message brought to you by George Soros, a billionaire currency manipulator who became wealthy by making millions poor.

Yeah the Vatican treasure could feed, clothe, and house pretty much all of the poor. Let them start there then I will care what he says.

Not only a non sequitur, but an ignorant comment as well; at least PredFan is consistent. One of Pope Francis' first acts was to bitch slap a bishop in Germany for his excesses.

Additionally, he HAS been using the Church's resources to help the needy:

Pope Francis Sends Charity Office, Swiss Guard Into The Streets Of Rome To Help Poor : I Acknowledge

Spokespeople have dodged the question, but in Italian newspapers and on blogs there are rumors flying that the pope himself even goes out on occasional “runs”.

If Francis did attend some of these aid missions, it would hardly be the first time. Before he was pope, then-Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio used to go out at night, incognito, to feed and care for the homeless on the streets of his city of Buenos Aires.

Walking the walk - not just talking the talk

Yeah the Vatican treasure could feed, clothe, and house pretty much all of the poor. Let them start there then I will care what he says.

Not only a non sequitur, but an ignorant comment as well; at least PredFan is consistent. One of Pope Francis' first acts was to bitch slap a bishop in Germany for his excesses.

Pope Francis Sends Charity Office, Swiss Guard Into The Streets Of Rome To Help Poor : I Acknowledge

Spokespeople have dodged the question, but in Italian newspapers and on blogs there are rumors flying that the pope himself even goes out on occasional “runs”.

If Francis did attend some of these aid missions, it would hardly be the first time. Before he was pope, then-Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio used to go out at night, incognito, to feed and care for the homeless on the streets of his city of Buenos Aires.

"Walking the walk" would mean actually going out and handing a poor person one of those 5 pound solid gold crosses buried in his basement.

I love this new Pontiff and I love his message, but let's not get carried away here. He sleeps on top of catacombs that contain billions in unutilized assets. Some speeches and a few alms don't negate that.

"Walking the walk" would mean actually going out and handing a poor person one of those 5 pound solid gold crosses buried in his basement.

I love this new Pontiff and I love his message, but let's not get carried away here. He sleeps on top of catacombs that contain billions in unutilized assets. Some speeches and a few alms don't negate that.

the Pope doesn't "own" that what you are proposing he give away. That said, he HAS been proposing policies to redirect the Church's wealth to better help the poor, has confronted the graft and corruption within the powers that be in the Cardinals ranks, and does NOT sleep in the Papal quarters.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/326453-the-lefts-pope-pipe-dream-9.html#post8216062

The pope of a church that owns the richest piece of property in the world who asks even the poorest of the poor to tithe has no right to criticize anyone else for being wealthy.

How gullible are you idiots?

The Clergy was the First Estate and said wealth has been garnered for centuries. No leader of the church can claim ownership of the wealth in every parish, nor distribute it as he wishes. How idiotic are you gullible conservatives? Very!

Do you listen to yourself?

You can't stand rich corps or rich ceos yet you're defending an institution that has grown the richest on the backs of the poorest.

And please stop calling me a conservative. I know it makes the world easier to understand if you boil everything down to an us or them scenario but it makes you quite boring.

The pope of a church that owns the richest piece of property in the world who asks even the poorest of the poor to tithe has no right to criticize anyone else for being wealthy.

The Clergy was the First Estate and said wealth has been garnered for centuries. No leader of the church can claim ownership of the wealth in every parish, nor distribute it as he wishes. How idiotic are you gullible conservatives? Very!

You can't stand rich corps or rich ceos yet you're defending an institution that has grown the richest on the backs of the poorest.

And please stop calling me a conservative. I know it makes the world easier to understand if you boil everything down to an us or them scenario but it makes you quite boring.

Okay, what do you want to be called, Mr. or Ms. Arachnid? So, Mr. (or Ms.) Arachnid, how idiotic are you? Should President Obama return Yosemite to the Native Americans? Texas to the Mexicans? How do you reason the artifacts of he church be repatriated? Can the gold, silver and jewels be returned to the soil from which it was mined? Sold to the mega rich and hidden away for their sole pleasure?

So how were the treasures and wealth built on the backs of the poor?

Seems to me what you and other conser ... oops, people are parroting is nothing more than a talking point. In reality his message is worth more than all the treasures in Rome. So go echo with the rest of the parrots, and if you find me boring simply ignore me. By responding to my posts and stating I'm boring is one more inconsistency of those I consider ridiculous.

Nobody that I've seen on several threads regarding the new Pope is "defending" the Catholic Church. People are happy that a MAN with a following that adds up to several millions in our country alone, and for the first time in our lifetimes, DIRECTLY identified, challenged, and found wanting the hand basket makers that led SO many to be living a hell on this earth. Moreover, he advocates and LIVES a better way of doing things. Even those of us who live secular lives and /or prefer secular governments (which appeals to a crossover demographic, as even much of the religious amongst us prefer that our own, or heaven forbid some other brand, doesn't dictate our lives via the state) appreciate the idea that a personage with such a platform and voice landed solidly and publicly on the side of sweet reason.

Nobody that I've seen on several threads regarding the new Pope is "defending" the Catholic Church. People are happy that a MAN with a following that adds up to several millions in our country alone, and for the first time in our lifetimes, DIRECTLY identified, challenged, and found wanting the hand basket makers that led SO many to be living a hell on this earth. Moreover, he advocates and LIVES a better way of doing things. Even those of us who live secular lives and /or prefer secular governments (which appeals to a crossover demographic, as even much of the religious amongst us prefer that our own, or heaven forbid some other brand, doesn't dictate our lives via the state) appreciate the idea that a personage with such a platform and voice landed solidly and publicly on the side of sweet reason.

Very well stated!

Okay, what do you want to be called, Mr. or Ms. Arachnid? So, Mr. (or Ms.) Arachnid, how idiotic are you? Should President Obama return Yosemite to the Native Americans? Texas to the Mexicans? How do you reason the artifacts of he church be repatriated? Can the gold, silver and jewels be returned to the soil from which it was mined? Sold to the mega rich and hidden away for their sole pleasure?

So how were the treasures and wealth built on the backs of the poor?

Seems to me what you and other conser ... oops, people are parroting is nothing more than a talking point. In reality his message is worth more than all the treasures in Rome. So go echo with the rest of the parrots, and if you find me boring simply ignore me. By responding to my posts and stating I'm boring is one more inconsistency of those I consider ridiculous.

I share very little in common with so called conservatives. Of course you wouldn't know that so you jump to conclusions and make assumptions based on your 2 sided us and them world view.

Any of the church's assets could be liquidized at any time if the leaders of the church wanted to do so. They don't. They won't because those same leaders enjoy the power that wealth gives them.

Instead they ask of the poorest 10% of their wages in tithes.

And you're just fine with that.

I'm not.

Seems to me you're more of a "conservative" in this case than I.

Forum List

Back