Pope Francis Slams ‘Trickle Down’ Economics

Pope Francis Slams ‘Trickle Down’ Economics

haven't all the Pop's Cardinal's Bishop's and Priest's been saying the same thing since year 0 ?

and then the (same) response is sell their gold and buy food, also since year 0 ...

if Frances really wants to do something worth while, how about ordination of woman in particular or available to all parishioners - or to finally discredit the forced practice of celibacy etc etc -

and most of all, make the "Bible" a text for Revision over time as mankind learns more in progress of what is expected to reach the Everlasting and for revisions to previous errors meant to strengthen the Religion rather than have it an invalid document for all eternity.

The Pope would abolish the Catholic church?

No one is forced into celibacy. At any time a priest could choose not to be celibate and leave the priesthood.

Reagan's "trickle down" (a derisive and intentionally misleading Liberal slur) launched three decades of prosperity; Obama's redistribution economics have record unemployment and poverty so bad that even his VP said "The middle class has been buried these past four years"

Don't give any money to this church

The ever increasing income gap didn't start with Obama, although it has continued with him. The truth is that both the republicans and the democrats have sold us out.

Nobody sold me out.

The difference with Progressive economies is that the 1% has all the guns.

Doesn't matter what anyone says about what the Republicans do. They always answer everything with an attack. Like vicious dogs. Not a moment of introspection. Just damage and then attack. Nothing in between.

Doesn't matter what anyone says about what the Republicans do. They always answer everything with an attack. Like vicious dogs. Not a moment of introspection. Just damage and then attack. Nothing in between.

^ Used to be a Republican. Said so himself

Yeah the Vatican treasure could feed, clothe, and house pretty much all of the poor. Let them start there then I will care what he says.

Not only a non sequitur, but an ignorant comment as well; at least PredFan is consistent. One of Pope Francis' first acts was to bitch slap a bishop in Germany for his excesses.

Yeah the Vatican treasure could feed, clothe, and house pretty much all of the poor. Let them start there then I will care what he says.

Not only a non sequitur, but an ignorant comment as well; at least PredFan is consistent. One of Pope Francis' first acts was to bitch slap a bishop in Germany for his excesses.

Ever been to the Vatican?

There is an aaaaawful lot of wealth there.

and Greed at the Top!

Pope Francis Slams ?Trickle Down? Economics and Greed at the Top - ABC News

Tee hee. Now what's a Southern Bigot to do. Support the GOP and their economic dogma and that of Pat Roberson; or the Pope? Methinks flour sack investment might be a good idea.

Francis said trickle down policies have not been proven to work and they reflect a “naïve trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power.”

That's right, tax cuts are bad.

We must not trust those wielding economic power, we must trust government by giving them all the money and all the economic power.
What could go wrong?

and Greed at the Top!

Pope Francis Slams ?Trickle Down? Economics and Greed at the Top - ABC News

Tee hee. Now what's a Southern Bigot to do. Support the GOP and their economic dogma and that of Pat Roberson; or the Pope? Methinks flour sack investment might be a good idea.

Southern bigots aren't Catholic. Of course, they're not, which I was I mentioned the flour sacks. The KKK was anti Catholic too.

I find it funny that so many people who reject Catholicism have found religion now that the Pope has a left-leaning view of economics. I wonder if they'll forgive his hard stance on abortion.

What you call "left-leaning" I call "Jesus-leaning" for what Pope Francis is saying is what I learned from the Nuns and Priests during Catechism.

I like Pope Francis because he is reaching out to people instead of imposing rules, but he isn't saying anything new.

Really? Then your not listening.

Ever been to the Vatican?

There is an aaaaawful lot of wealth there.

I have.

It's pretty ostentatious, no?

Although the Sistine chapel was pretty nice.

Liberals and other idiots think that government giving money to the poor is compassion. Helping poor people yourself is compassion. Using the police power of government to take money from someone to give to the poor is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. If you are compassionate, you will help people, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right.

Giving money to the poor is not compassion. It is self righteousness masquerading as compassion. The poor have never been helped by giving them anything. Not even if you give it personally.

Liberals and other idiots think that government giving money to the poor is compassion. Helping poor people yourself is compassion. Using the police power of government to take money from someone to give to the poor is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. If you are compassionate, you will help people, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right.

This is very true, however the overlaying point that the Pope is pointing out is that the obscenely rich can not be trusted to behave compassionately. You need look no further than the Vatican to see that, although I doubt they have enough money to feed, clothe, and shelter the entire world's poor population. The Vatican would be a good start, and it surely would be a case of putting their money where their mouth is, but we would need the rest of the morbidly rich to lead more normal lives and be compassionate to secure everyone.

The problem with this kind if thinking is this:

Lets say you have 1 billion poor starving people on this planet. If all if the rich pooled their money and gave it to feed those poor, in 20 years you would have 2 billion poor and starving people and no more rich to feed them.

And there's the greed.

Tell me, how are the poor suppose to support themselves when the rich make money off of them and they have to rely on our tax dollars just to eat even though they are working their buns off so people like the Walmarts can continue to increase their $billion fortunes?

You think the disabled should be out on the street begging for money rather than being supported by your tax dollars and you don't see that as greed?

1. Your response has little to do with my post you quoted.
2. You need to look up the definition if greed. You are confused.

That's because the posts that lefties usually post is bull shit. Why would anyone spend a moment in introspection over bull shit?

As usual wrycatcher has difficulty with reading comprehension and complicated concepts, at least ones that are too complicated for him.

The pope of a church that owns the richest piece of property in the world who asks even the poorest of the poor to tithe has no right to criticize anyone else for being wealthy.

How gullible are you idiots?

As usual wrycatcher has difficulty with reading comprehension and complicated concepts, at least ones that are too complicated for him.

My comment was spot on, and you're not bright enough to understand. One of his first acts was to sanction a member of the clergy for being ostentatious and spending money on things and not the poor.l

The pope of a church that owns the richest piece of property in the world who asks even the poorest of the poor to tithe has no right to criticize anyone else for being wealthy.

How gullible are you idiots?

The Clergy was the First Estate and said wealth has been garnered for centuries. No leader of the church can claim ownership of the wealth in every parish, nor distribute it as he wishes. How idiotic are you gullible conservatives? Very!

Show an attack from me in this thread.

Forum List

Back