Pope Francis wants Lord's Prayer changed

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Last edited:
It's being used in France already .. makes sense.

Pope wants Lord's Prayer changed

The current wording that says "lead us not into temptation" is not a good translation, because God does not lead humans to sin, he says.

He suggests using "do not let us fall into temptation" instead, he told Italian TV on Wednesday night.

They mucked around with the word years ago as well. Always crosses me up when I end up in a Church for some reason.

Lead us not into mistranslation: pope wants Lord's Prayer changed

The current wording that says "lead us not into temptation" is not a good translation, because God does not lead humans to sin, he says.

He suggests using "do not let us fall into temptation" instead, he told Italian TV on Wednesday night.
Screw that liberal anti-Christ. While you're at it, stop saying "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those tho trespass against us." The Lord clearly said " forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors."

Last edited:

Screw that liberal anti-Christ.
Your God would lead you to sin?

Last edited:
Is it an accurate translation of the original text?

Depends upon who is doing the translating. Francis has a good point.

Pope Francis = Same Homophobic, Misogynistic, superstitious bullshit, shiny new package.

You see, what is bothersome is that the Church has been getting this wrong for 2000 years, including all those "Infallible" Popes. And not on an insignificant point. Does God "lead" us into temptation? I thought that was Satan's gig.

Screw that liberal anti-Christ.
You're God would lead you to sin?
What do you think Christ's 40 days in the wilderness was for? Jesus' could resist Satan, the rest of mankind may not be able to. So "Lead us not into temptation". We don't want to deal with that.

It's not a question of the Pope's opinion, but a question raised concerning translation. I have 6-7 English versions and direct Greek text translations and they all disagree at various points.

All depends upon whose finger was in the pie at various times.

I think the phrase is fine the way it is. Just a thought to consider. Jesus told Peter that he didn't know who his father was and also told Peter his father the devil. The devil being an adversarial host that is in the spiritual realm (the kingdom of heaven in) of us humans. The only reason to change the phrase would be to bring in the New Living bible as a standard which puts government in as the authority in order to bring in a more communist style NWO that the Vatican appears to have a desire to spread.

He has no understanding of Christianity, The pope represents Catholics and only Catholics

Screw that liberal anti-Christ. While you're at it, stop saying "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those tho trespass against us." The Lord clearly said " forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors."

No the anti Christ is the one who owns 666 5th Ave, NY. Anyway Rome gave you the bible and they can change it if they so desire.

The so called “pope and the Catholic Church” are direct descendants from the Roman empire… Enough said

No the anti Christ is the one who owns 666 5th Ave, NY. Anyway Rome gave you the bible and they can change it if they so desire.
Des Moines has a 666 Walnut street. Wells Fargo had a head there so I kind'a figured the antichrist must be there too....:biggrin:

The Vatican can do as they wish as you say but we also have a right to take away their crown (spiritually speaking) as they go to war against us. They have done things for years "in my name" that were atrocious so it is probably time that their publishing rights are restricted (again spiritually speaking)

Pope Francis = Same Homophobic, Misogynistic, superstitious bullshit, shiny new package.

You see, what is bothersome is that the Church has been getting this wrong for 2000 years, including all those "Infallible" Popes. And not on an insignificant point. Does God "lead" us into temptation? I thought that was Satan's gig.

Are you jewish?

Des Moines has a 666 Walnut street. Wells Fargo had a head there so I kind'a figured the antichrist must be there too....:biggrin:

The Vatican can do as they wish as you say but we also have a right to take away their crown (spiritually speaking) as they go to war against us. They have done things for years "in my name" that were atrocious so it is probably time that their publishing rights are restricted (again spiritually speaking)

Protest all you want, but that is the way its going to be. That is why you are called a "Protestant".

Forum List

Back