Popeyes manager fired for refusing to pay back $400 taken in armed robbery

what proof do you have of that?

It's in the article........didn't you even bother to read it?

so was the statement she wasn't fired for that....did you bother to read it?

idiot

Yeah.....heartless like you they decided to wait until she was robbed at gun point to finally decide she wasn't doing her job....you must be another one of those "compassionate conservatives," moron.

fuck you, where did i say they were right for what they did?
No, fuck you.......you're making excuses for the company. You really have no proof that she had done it before, other than the manager's word and we know he's an ass like you.

it is more logical that she was fired to repeatedly breaking the rules than being fired for not giving the $400 back.

That's what the manager is claiming, but the teen said they told her she either paid the $400 or be fired. And what an opportune time for the manager to fire her.....after she was robbed at gun point. Anyone with a brain and some semblance of a heart would find that offensive. Thank you for showing your ass.

i've already said they messed up you little liar. i was asking for proof that she was fired for not giving back the money, you quoted the article in a snide manner, while IGNORING the part of the article that said she wasn't fired for that.

all you've done is prove you're an idiot.

It was both.......idiot. Not all reports mentioned all of the facts. Most people with a brain would have researched it before assuming anything from just one article. But, alas, you don't have a brain, so that explains why you're an idiot.

and your proof is........................................................................................................

yeah....that is what i thought

you IGNORE what the management says and basically call them liars, but of course her side is 100% truth

fool

...you IGNORE what the management says and basically call them liars, but of course her side is 100% truth
fool

Because, as everyone knows, employees never steal, cheat or lie and employers only steal, cheat and lie.
:bang3: :bang3: :bang3: :bang3:

Pregnant restaurant manager fired after armed robbery

"By the back of my shirt, he pulled me up and he pushed me to the front," she said. "He told me to give him everything out of my safe."
“I told them I'm not paying nothing. I just had a gun to me. I'm not paying the money.”
But the only thing Holcomb could open were the registers. The gunman got away with nearly $400.
After the robbery, Holcomb claimed that one of her managers gave her a choice: Pay the money back or be fired. Less than 36 hours later, she was fired.
"I don't think it's right because now I'm struggling for my family," she said. "What I had to do (was) keep my life."

However, a spokesman in the company's human resources department said Holcomb was fired because she didn't follow company policy, leaving too much money in the cash register. And this wasn't her first offense.

Holcomb said that Tuesday was busy: The restaurant offers a two-piece chicken meal for $1.19, and she moved money into the safe as fast as she could.
"They got what they got because that's what we made within one hour," she said

A manager often has to keep business flowing during a busy period rather than stopping to move cash

A manger has to do his job and if that job is bleeding the registers then that has to be done too.

I see no problem with her getting canned

Let me guess? You're a conservative and you have no empathy for people, right?

How many times do you let a person fuck up before you fire him?

Multiple instances of not bleeding the registers according to company policy ended up costing the company more than it should have.

The termination was justified

"By the back of my shirt, he pulled me up and he pushed me to the front," she said. "He told me to give him everything out of my safe."
“I told them I'm not paying nothing. I just had a gun to me. I'm not paying the money.”
But the only thing Holcomb could open were the registers. The gunman got away with nearly $400.
After the robbery, Holcomb claimed that one of her managers gave her a choice: Pay the money back or be fired. Less than 36 hours later, she was fired.
"I don't think it's right because now I'm struggling for my family," she said. "What I had to do (was) keep my life."

However, a spokesman in the company's human resources department said Holcomb was fired because she didn't follow company policy, leaving too much money in the cash register. And this wasn't her first offense.

Holcomb said that Tuesday was busy: The restaurant offers a two-piece chicken meal for $1.19, and she moved money into the safe as fast as she could.

A manager often has to keep business flowing during a busy period rather than stopping to move cash

A manger has to do his job and if that job is bleeding the registers then that has to be done too.

Multiple instances of not bleeding the registers according to company policy ended up costing the company more than it should have.

When a person risks her life for your business, that is not the time to add up her demerits.

When a person risks her life for your business, that is not the time to add up her demerits.

i agree.

And just how did she "risk her life", drama queen?
huh_zps297f809f.png

And just how did she "risk her life", drama queen?
huh_zps297f809f.png

I would say that a $10 an hour employee who gets a gun pointed in her face is risking her life

The $10 an hour employee was there protecting the store. The owner was nowhere near the place

I would say that a $10 an hour employee who gets a gun pointed in her face is risking her life

The $10 an hour employee was there protecting the store. The owner was nowhere near the place

She had no security function other than keeping the till money dropped into the safe....a job she forgot to do and lost her job for it. Sure, she can have her job back but when the news dies down, she'll get the boot. If she's smart she'll take the $2K and skedaddle.

She had no security function other than keeping the till money dropped into the safe....a job she forgot to do and lost her job for it. Sure, she can have her job back but when the news dies down, she'll get the boot. If she's smart she'll take the $2K and skedaddle.

Security? At $10 an hour?

She kept her cool and no customers or employees got shot.......is that good enough for $10?

Where was the owner when guns were flashing?

Safe at home, I bet

you left out this part:

If this was the real reason for being fired, why wasnt the manager fired for previous offenses?

That's what the manager is claiming, but the teen said they told her she either paid the $400 or be fired.

Wait, wait... she's a pregnant teen? I missed that part, a teen with 3 kids, and another on the way, what'd she start popping them out at 12?

That's what the manager is claiming, but the teen said they told her she either paid the $400 or be fired.

Wait, wait... she's a pregnant teen? I missed that part, a teen with 3 kids, and another on the way, what'd she start popping them out at 12?

Oh wow....now you're going to hate her because she's a teen and has kids. You represent your party well. What happened to the "at least she didn't abort them" talking point?

I'm curious how we know the loss.

I know that the story says she was to reimburse the store $400, but in my area anyway, the police don't give out that information and neither does the press. It's normally reported as "an undisclosed amount".

They say they do it so that potential robbers aren't going to be encouraged.
Maybe there was a reporter staking out the robber as he was staking out the cashier to estimate how much cash was going into the till.

This essentially encapsulates my opinion of this type of post in this thread:

:ahole-1:

Not even sympathy.

Even if the extra money had been put where it was supposed to be, there still would have been money for the robber to run off with. Would she have had to fork it over from her own pocket then too?

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wonder if business there will get better because of how safe she kept the customers who were there or will business there take a nosedive because she was fired?
Hey, good post JO!

not only does it cost the company more money

it endangers future employees by setting up a bad precedent for future robberies

if they figure out the place has lots of loose cash floating around

it is a good place to hit

Security? At $10 an hour?

She kept her cool and no customers or employees got shot.......is that good enough for $10?

Where was the owner when guns were flashing?

Safe at home, I bet
Of course he was safe at home. That's why he hired a manager. Duh!!! Are you stupid? Does this mean anyone that runs a business is a coward for hiring employees to be at the store?
I swear, some of the stuff I have read in this thread is mind boggling.

Oh wow....now you're going to hate her because she's a teen and has kids. You represent your party well. What happened to the "at least she didn't abort them" talking point?

Nope, but I'm going to say that my initial opinion of her being irresponsible is pretty much verified.

She wasn't risking her life.

Forum List

Back