Popeyes manager fired for refusing to pay back $400 taken in armed robbery

As everyone further knows, the company, to its credit, subsequently denounced the way it was handled locally, profusely apologized to both the victim and their customer base, and offered her the job back plus $2k (over five times what the thug -- who is STILL the perpetrator here -- made off with)

If that story is true, then how come the business offered her over five times what the robbery took?
Incentive for her not to sue them, that's why sez I.

So basically what we're learning here Pogo, is that you don't read, or you read it then convinently "forget" key details so that it can fit /your/ belief.

"If she said yes, it would come with $2,000 in back pay, the KHOU-TV reported."

Back pay - as in the paycheck she hadn't gotten yet...

As everyone further knows, the company, to its credit, subsequently denounced the way it was handled locally, profusely apologized to both the victim and their customer base, and offered her the job back plus $2k (over five times what the thug -- who is STILL the perpetrator here -- made off with)

If that story is true, then how come the business offered her over five times what the robbery took?
Incentive for her not to sue them, that's why sez I.

So basically what we're learning here Pogo, is that you don't read, or you read it then convinently "forget" key details so that it can fit /your/ belief.

"If she said yes, it would come with $2,000 in back pay, the KHOU-TV reported."

Back pay - as in the paycheck she hadn't gotten yet...

I well know about that quote -- I'm the one who first posted it.

What is your point here? :dunno:

That it is not a payoff or some kind of admission of guilt like you're trying to forward. They're legally obligated to pay her back pay regardless of anything else.

Holy crap are people easy to fool. The sad part is the folks on here at least make an attempt to put deeper thought into what's going on in the world around them, the rest of the general public is completely clueless...

Again, I did not claim she was not a shift manager. If I did you could quote it. You can't because you're making that up too.

Not having enough time to do something is in no way "forgetting" to do it. Forgetting means it doesn't occur to you. Like the way you forgot to look up that bogus quote about me you just made.

So you were lying. :eusa_whistle:

That it is not a payoff or some kind of admission of guilt like you're trying to forward. They're legally obligated to pay her back pay regardless of anything else.

Holy crap are people easy to fool. The sad part is the folks on here at least make an attempt to put deeper thought into what's going on in the world around them, the rest of the general public is completely clueless...

They would be "legally obligated" only if her firing was illegal.

The idea that said payment would probably come with a "hold harmless" stipulation was my speculation too. I made it at the same time I linked the company's apology and offer of the job back.

I don't see what your point is here.

Again, I did not claim she was not a shift manager. If I did you could quote it. You can't because you're making that up too.

Not having enough time to do something is in no way "forgetting" to do it. Forgetting means it doesn't occur to you. Like the way you forgot to look up that bogus quote about me you just made.

So you were lying. :eusa_whistle:

"You were lying", that's true. As I said, if I had said that you could quote it. The nonpresence of such a quote is eloquent.

buhahahahaha... I'm sorry...

Hey be sure you tell your future employees that they only have to give you your last paycheck if they fire you illegally. They'll appreciate your "free" labor.

I bet if somebody dug down into this incident they'd find that her manager fired her and she asked if there was any way she could keep her job. He probably said yeah if she paid back the $400 that was stolen. I doubt that was his first reaction.

buhahahahaha... I'm sorry...

Hey be sure you tell your future employees that they only have to give you your last paycheck if they fire you illegally. They'll appreciate your "free" labor.

You think $2000 was what was already DUE???

Ever been in a Popeye's? Hey, if they make that much we're all in the wrong business.

I bet if somebody dug down into this incident they'd find that her manager fired her and she asked if there was any way she could keep her job. He probably said yeah if she paid back the $400 that was stolen. I doubt that was his first reaction.

More speculation... scrape scrape scrape

Admit it....you've never had an employee other than the kid you chisel out of a fair price for mowing your lawn. You dance around your earlier claims like a guy with two broken ankles.....you know what you said and so do I. :rolleyes-41:

Admit it....you've never had an employee other than the kid you chisel out of a fair price for mowing your lawn. You dance around your earlier claims like a guy with two broken ankles.....you know what you said and so do I. :rolleyes-41:

And what earlier claim would this be, Aesop?

emot-munch.gif

Even if the extra money had been put where it was supposed to be, there still would have been money for the robber to run off with. Would she have had to fork it over from her own pocket then too?

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wonder if business there will get better because of how safe she kept the customers who were there or will business there take a nosedive because she was fired?
Hey, good post JO!
Thank you! :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

You think $2000 was what was already DUE???

Ever been in a Popeye's? Hey, if they make that much we're all in the wrong business.

Well a salaried employee @ $2000/month would equate to like $12.50/hour for a typical 160hour month, or if her salary is $4k a month it'd be $25/hour, or alternately if she's paid hourly; figure 2 weeks + 3 days (robbery happened on march 31, she was fired 3 days later) so ($2000 / 104 hours) = $19.23/hr, if she had no OT.

Of course it might not just be salary/hourly base pay either...

My son is a night manger at McDonalds, not sure that equates to the same position as "shift manager" at Popeye's or not, but he's salaried + overtime + sales goal bonuses. (They give him the OT pay when he covers another employees shift (aka they call in sick or w/e) and that's hourly based.) His base salary is about $11/h or $1760/month + $16.50/h for any shifts he covers + monthly bonus. Last month's bonus for him was like $500 (he didn't tell me more than "covered his rent" which is $500/m,) and a month or so back he was bitching cause they had paid him for covering shifts even though he was already scheduled to be there; said he worked like an hour, hour and a half, later than usual but got paid an extra $400 and figured it was a mistake, but his manager got all offended when he asked him to check it out for errors. As far as I know they haven't taken that back.

Anyway, I could easily see it being 2k for month end, especially when figuring they'd get a lot more business (ala higher bonuses) than an Alaska McDonald's does.

Why would the robber start shooting when all the employees were cooperating?

Because some robbers are mental? You can't predict what a robber is going to do. There have been cases where there was cooperation and they still ended up dead.

Yeah right.....that's why the lying asshole has refused to talk to the press. It's amazing the stories conservatives are able to dream up to protect companies and company owners against poor working people.
Why do conservatives hate poor people so much?

Dhanani refused to talk on camera Wednesday, but his company released a statement that reads:
Popeyes offers to rehire manager fired after robbery

Yeah right.....that's why the lying asshole has refused to talk to the press. It's amazing the stories conservatives are able to dream up to protect companies and company owners against poor working people.
Why do conservatives hate poor people so much?

Dhanani refused to talk on camera Wednesday, but his company released a statement that reads:
Popeyes offers to rehire manager fired after robbery

He has no obligation to talk to the press....Maybe the press should spend a little time helping the cops catch the robber instead of inventing a class-warfare story like this one.

Forum List

Back