Popeyes manager fired for refusing to pay back $400 taken in armed robbery

He has no obligation to talk to the press....Maybe the press should spend a little time helping the cops catch the robber instead of inventing a class-warfare story like this one.

The press didn't invent this story.......it actually happened. The ones inventing stories are those on the right who hate poor working people and think the company is going to let some of their earnings trickle down to them.

I bet if somebody dug down into this incident they'd find that her manager fired her and she asked if there was any way she could keep her job. He probably said yeah if she paid back the $400 that was stolen. I doubt that was his first reaction.

Yeah right.....that's why the lying asshole has refused to talk to the press. It's amazing the stories conservatives are able to dream up to protect companies and company owners against poor working people.
Why do conservatives hate poor people so much?

Dhanani refused to talk on camera Wednesday, but his company released a statement that reads:
Popeyes offers to rehire manager fired after robbery

why are you such a dishonest idiot?

He has no obligation to talk to the press....Maybe the press should spend a little time helping the cops catch the robber instead of inventing a class-warfare story like this one.

The press didn't invent this story.......it actually happened. The ones inventing stories are those on the right who hate poor working people and think the company is going to let some of their earnings trickle down to them.

you're inventing stories, like the unequal pay for women issue that you ran away from after i showed you what an idiot you were for bringing it up.

Pregnant restaurant manager fired after armed robbery

"By the back of my shirt, he pulled me up and he pushed me to the front," she said. "He told me to give him everything out of my safe."
“I told them I'm not paying nothing. I just had a gun to me. I'm not paying the money.”
But the only thing Holcomb could open were the registers. The gunman got away with nearly $400.
After the robbery, Holcomb claimed that one of her managers gave her a choice: Pay the money back or be fired. Less than 36 hours later, she was fired.
"I don't think it's right because now I'm struggling for my family," she said. "What I had to do (was) keep my life."

However, a spokesman in the company's human resources department said Holcomb was fired because she didn't follow company policy, leaving too much money in the cash register. And this wasn't her first offense.

Holcomb said that Tuesday was busy: The restaurant offers a two-piece chicken meal for $1.19, and she moved money into the safe as fast as she could.
"They got what they got because that's what we made within one hour," she said

A manager often has to keep business flowing during a busy period rather than stopping to move cash

A manger has to do his job and if that job is bleeding the registers then that has to be done too.

I see no problem with her getting canned

Let me guess? You're a conservative and you have no empathy for people, right?

How many times do you let a person fuck up before you fire him?
We have no proof that she had been fucking up. If she had....multiple times as the lying asshole manager said, then he should have demoted her long before the robbery.

Multiple instances of not bleeding the registers according to company policy ended up costing the company more than it should have.
There is no guarantee that even if she had been emptying the registers to keep them under $200, that the robbery still wouldn't have occurred. If the robber only took "almost" $400 (it wasn't even $400), and depending how many registers there were, even if she had, he still would've been able to steal that much or more.

The company has already apologized and tried to make restitution to the employee, so they realize they were wrong. It's time that you quit trying to make them be in the right.

The termination was justified
If it was, then why is the company offering her the job back and $2k on top of that? The company fucked up, and hopefully people finding out about it will boycott that sorry-ass manager and he'll end up losing his job.

I bet if somebody dug down into this incident they'd find that her manager fired her and she asked if there was any way she could keep her job. He probably said yeah if she paid back the $400 that was stolen. I doubt that was his first reaction.

Yeah right.....that's why the lying asshole has refused to talk to the press. It's amazing the stories conservatives are able to dream up to protect companies and company owners against poor working people.

Dhanani refused to talk on camera Wednesday, but his company released a statement that reads:

Why are you such a mental retard?

you're inventing stories, like the unequal pay for women issue that you ran away from after i showed you what an idiot you were for bringing it up.

You're so stupid......it's a fact, conservatives that you support don't want to pay women the same pay for the same work....yet time and time again, women prove to be smarter. The CEO that offered the teen the $2k is trying to save the manager's ass by making restitution. You're too stupid to realize that and should just go away and hide...nobody is interested in your stupid opinion.

You're so stupid......it's a fact, conservatives that you support don't want to pay women the same pay for the same work....yet time and time again, women prove to be smarter. The CEO that offered the teen the $2k is trying to save the manager's ass by making restitution. You're too stupid to realize that and should just go away and hide...nobody is interested in your stupid opinion.

:lol: you're insane. you can't even explain why you brought up unequal pay here. you're an idiot. and tell me, who do i support? you don't have a clue who i support you lying insane person.

i'm trying to communicate at your level?

i'm trying to communicate at your level?

You think you are mental pygmy, but you're actually not making any sense....go back to playing with your brain.

:lol: you're insane. you can't even explain why you brought up unequal pay here. you're an idiot. and tell me, who do i support? you don't have a clue who i support you lying insane person.

It's way too complicated for you to even try to understand. If I were you, I would just accept that you don't get it and move on.......you're not going to get pictures, that would make it simpler for you.

It's way too complicated for you to even try to understand. If I were you, I would just accept that you don't get it and move on.......you're not going to get pictures, that would make it simpler for you.

translation: i can't explain it

thanks for admitting that.

Bwahahaha....I can explain it, but not in pictures so you would understand it........

Bwahahaha....I can explain it, but not in pictures so you would understand it........

yet, you haven't explained it once...

Who hates the poor? Without them who could we trick into doing our work for us for peanuts? Now go put on your work boots and tool belt and get back at it, Butch.
clap.gif

A manger has to do his job and if that job is bleeding the registers then that has to be done too.

I see no problem with her getting canned

Multiple instances of not bleeding the registers according to company policy ended up costing the company more than it should have.

When a person risks her life for your business, that is not the time to add up her demerits.

She wasn't risking her life.
OMFG The robber had her at gunpoint. That is not risking your life? You're beyond anything reasonable or logical. You're scum. I wonder what you would do at gunpoint. Probably pee your pants.

Being the victim of a crime is not risking your life for a job.

Walking into a burning building is risking your life.

See the difference?

I would say that a $10 an hour employee who gets a gun pointed in her face is risking her life

The $10 an hour employee was there protecting the store. The owner was nowhere near the place

She had no security function other than keeping the till money dropped into the safe....a job she forgot to do and lost her job for it. Sure, she can have her job back but when the news dies down, she'll get the boot. If she's smart she'll take the $2K and skedaddle.

Security? At $10 an hour?

She kept her cool and no customers or employees got shot.......is that good enough for $10?

Where was the owner when guns were flashing?

Safe at home, I bet
Of course he was safe at home. That's why he hired a manager. Duh!!! Are you stupid? Does this mean anyone that runs a business is a coward for hiring employees to be at the store?
I swear, some of the stuff I have read in this thread is mind boggling.
He is a coward for firing someone in the line of fire for his business.

She has her ass on the line...he doesn't

When a person risks her life for your business, that is not the time to add up her demerits.

OMFG The robber had her at gunpoint. That is not risking your life? You're beyond anything reasonable or logical. You're scum. I wonder what you would do at gunpoint. Probably pee your pants.

See the difference?
Both risk their life

One voluntary.....one not

See the difference?
Both risk their life

Risk is not involuntary.

See the difference?
Both risk their life

Risk is not involuntary.

Of course it is

Someone pulls a gun in your face, your life is at risk

See the difference?
Both risk their life

Risk is not involuntary.

Of course it is

Someone pulls a gun in your face, your life is at risk
Don't understand verbs do you.

One does not risk his own life is another puts him at risk?

One is a verb the other is a noun.

Forum List

Back