Portland Rapid Response Team Resigns Ahead of Upcoming Riots

Do you support "defunding the police" and removing legal protections from the police?

• Yes, the fewer cops on the streets the better

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, I support the police, they have a very difficult job to do

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

You can not prosecute someone with no evidence of them doing anything wrong.

No one said you could, but Portland's District Attorney isn't prosecuting a lot of the people arrested, while they were committing the crime they are accused of.

Furthermore he went as far as telling the public he wasn't going to prosecute any crime that was related to failing to comply with the police.
That is the exact opposite of prosecuting someone without evidence, and granting permission to break the law regardless of evidence,
and prior to a crime ever being committed.

He is not a Legislator and cannot write new law.
His job is to prosecute the law and not aid and abed the lawbreakers.

No one said you could, but Portland's District Attorney isn't prosecuting a lot of the people arrested, while they were committing the crime they are accused of.

You are reading what you want to read into things. There are many being prosecuted.

You are reading what you want to read into things. There are many being prosecuted.
90% of them are let go without any charges, moron.

You aren't reading what is written.
The topic is about the Rapid Response Team resigning, and I am only suggesting it is the reasonable thing to do
in light of the decisions made by the District Attorney.

The District Attorney tells the criminals they don't have to obey the cops.
The District Attorney Prosecutes a crime alleged against a cop, but won't prosecute the same crime alleged against protester.
The District Attorney says he won't prosecute any crime protesters commit that don't cause property or personal harm.

At that point, there is no reason for a Rapid Response Team to even be there.
They cannot protect the community, until they have already failed to do so.

They would have any number of difficulties even catching someone,
because 30 people could stand between the cops, and the criminals, and refuse to move while the criminals get way,
and suffer no consequence in doing so.

Whatever excuse you try to make, isn't going to change that ... :thup:

You aren't reading what is written.
The topic is about the Rapid Response Team resigning, and I am only suggesting it is the reasonable thing to do
in light of the decisions made by the District Attorney.

The District Attorney tells the criminals they don't have to obey the cops.
The District Attorney Prosecutes a crime alleged against a cop, but won't prosecute the same crime alleged against protester.
The District Attorney says he won't prosecute any crime protesters commit that don't cause property or personal harm.

At that point, there is no reason for a Rapid Response Team to even be there.
They cannot protect the community, until they have already failed to do so.

They would have any number of difficulties even catching someone,
because 30 people could stand between the cops, and the criminals, and refuse to move while the criminals get way,
and suffer no consequence in doing so.

Whatever excuse you try to make, isn't going to change that ... :thup:

There is zero evidence that any crimes against the police were not prosecuted. They have a video of the officer assaulting the reporter.

There is zero evidence that any crimes against the police were not prosecuted. They have a video of the officer assaulting the reporter.

Except in the article I posted.
Keep making excuses, and likewise fail to address anything I keep saying.

I can tell you are triggered and can't understand the concept of cops being held responsible for their actions that are wrong...You like the state to have lawless enforcers.

That's not what this is about. This is about the city restricting the officers from doing their job.

How is that? They reviewed the use of force and found one incident violated that. The city reacted by charging the cop with a misdemeanor. A charge that can only be described as minor. Simple assault.

I’m betting hundreds were struck. I’m betting over the entire time of the riots that literally tens of thousands were struck. And no charges on any of those. Just one cop. Just one incident. Just one misdemeanor charge.

Oh that is intolerable says the riot squad who quit from the outrage. I would give you all on the hypocritical Right the credit of avoiding the asinine argument that this proves the cops are held accountable and it is only a few bad apples.

We know that isn’t true. The Riot Squad proved that by resigning. Under no circumstances will they tolerate being held accountable. Not even with a misdemeanor charge. I guess they don’t have the faith in the justice system that we are told we should have when facing corrupt or lying cops.

Except in the article I posted.
Keep making excuses, and likewise fail to address anything I keep saying.

No, the article states that is what the cops claim. It would seem they have no proof of that. If a cop grabs you and you pull away a cop would try and charge you with something. That is ending.

No, the article states that is what the cops claim. It would seem they have no proof of that. If a cop grabs you and you pull away a cop would try and charge you with something. That is ending.

They were booked with a crime, and the District Attorney chose not to prosecute.
I don't need you to make completely unfounded excuses, to make the point I have been making.

When it comes to Officers on the Rapid Response Team, it wouldn't be unreasonable they resigned because you are just like the District Attorney,
and will try to make every excuse you can to make their job irrelevant ... They got the message ... :auiqs.jpg:

They were booked with a crime, and the District Attorney chose not to prosecute.
I don't need you to make completely unfounded excuses, to make the point I have been making.

When it comes to Officers on the Rapid Response Team, it wouldn't be unreasonable they resigned because you are just like the District Attorney,
and will try to make every excuse you can to make their job irrelevant ... They got the message ... :auiqs.jpg:

Many people who protested at Wall Street were arrested also but there was no crime. The city paid out millions.

Many people who protested at Wall Street were arrested also but there was no crime. The city paid out millions.

Which has nothing to do with the topic of the thread or anything I have posted.
Thanks for sharing though nit-wit.

Which has nothing to do with the topic of the thread or anything I have posted.
Thanks for sharing though nit-wit.

Of course it does. Just because you get arrested does not mean you committed a crime. That's one thing the protests are addressing.

Of course it does. Just because you get arrested does not mean you committed a crime. That's one thing the protests are addressing.

I don't have a problem when law enforcement gets taken to court because it oversteps the law.
But that isn't the topic of the thread.

The Topic is about the Rapid Response Team resigning.
I showed where every decision Portland's District Attorney has made gives them a reason to.

Try addressing the topic. and stop thinking any excuse is a rebuttal or response.

I don't have a problem when law enforcement gets taken to court because it oversteps the law.
But that isn't the topic of the thread.

The Topic is about the Rapid Response Team resigning.
I showed where every decision Portland's District Attorney has made gives them a reason to.

Try addressing the topic.

What? I agreed they did the right thing. If they believe they can not act within the law they should resign.

What? I agreed they did the right thing. If they believe they can not act within the law they should resign.

Cannot act within what law ... That's not an excuse.
The District Attorney flat out told the cops and the public, that he won't enforce the law as far as legal requests of law enforcement.

They just need to quit wasting their time protecting people that want to break the law,
or a District Attorney that wants ignore a law.

Last edited:

Cannot act within what law ... That's not an excuse.
The District Attorney flat out told the cops and the public, that he won't enforce the law as far as legal requests of law enforcement.

They just need to quit wasting their time protecting people that want to break the law,
or a District Attorney that wants ignore a law.

He said he wouldn't charge people with no evidence. It happens at every protest and it needs to stop.

He said he wouldn't charge people with no evidence. It happens at every protest and it needs to stop.

He said he wouldn't prosecute people charged with the crimes of "second degree disorderly conduct, interfering with police operations, or rioting."

You cannot in any way mysteriously change that into meaning he wants evidence.
You cannot mangle that into meaning he is in least bit interested in ensuring someone acts within the confines of the law.

Stop making up excuses ... They are not a rebuttal, and never will be.

Last edited:
I can tell you are triggered and can't understand the concept of cops being held responsible for their actions that are wrong...You like the state to have lawless enforcers.

That's not what this is about. This is about the city restricting the officers from doing their job.

How is that? They reviewed the use of force and found one incident violated that. The city reacted by charging the cop with a misdemeanor. A charge that can only be described as minor. Simple assault.

I’m betting hundreds were struck. I’m betting over the entire time of the riots that literally tens of thousands were struck. And no charges on any of those. Just one cop. Just one incident. Just one misdemeanor charge.

Oh that is intolerable says the riot squad who quit from the outrage. I would give you all on the hypocritical Right the credit of avoiding the asinine argument that this proves the cops are held accountable and it is only a few bad apples.

We know that isn’t true. The Riot Squad proved that by resigning. Under no circumstances will they tolerate being held accountable. Not even with a misdemeanor charge. I guess they don’t have the faith in the justice system that we are told we should have when facing corrupt or lying cops.
In the current anti police environment, can you really.blame them?

In the current anti police environment, can you really.blame them?

Blame them? I’ve said it in this thread at least twice. Good riddance to bad rubbish. They aren’t valiant heroes. They aren’t dedicated defenders of the public. They are thugs. And I am thankful for them for showing the public that the cops are nothing but corrupt thugs who refuse to be held accountable for their actions.

Did you even read the OP? The police confronted the lowlifes because they broke windows, started a building and dumpster on fire. Police pushed them back so the fire department could do their job. When the lowlifes decided enough was not enough, they reformed and violently confronted the officers marching towards the burning building once again; one of those scums was this Jacobs bitch.

Officer Budworth and other officers used a baton push that they were trained to use to push back the lowlifes. When he pushed this pig, she went to the ground, she decided to get up to confront him again. So once again he used his baton to push her to the ground, and his hand slipped off that the baton hit her head.

This is a perfect example of why I promote the separating of our country into two countries instead: one side of the country for the commies, and the other side for us real Americans. Because every time these lowlifes get out of hand, you disciples of Satan always stick up for evil against good. It's your God's command to do so.

In a separated country, if we had a pig like this continue to confront our officers, she wouldn't have gotten an accidental hit to her head, the officer would have struck her from head to belt until the bitch stayed down. But of course in our country, that's why these things would never happen. A strong enough deterrent works against crime every time it's tried, and the rest of the officers who quit had good reasons to quit.

Forum List

Back