Portland Rapid Response Team Resigns Ahead of Upcoming Riots

Do you support "defunding the police" and removing legal protections from the police?

• Yes, the fewer cops on the streets the better

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, I support the police, they have a very difficult job to do

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

"Qualified immunity" means all are not under the law.

He didn't say they had Qualified Immunity ... He said he wouldn't prosecute people charged with the crimes,
and refused to prosecute the law.

You are not going to change that into something it isn't ... Stop making excuses.

It didn’t reduce recidivism rates. It just didn’t reduce it.

Explain why other nations have a lower rate than we do.

I just did. For lowlifes, our prisons are nothing but taxpayer paid playgrounds. They have no fear going back to prison therefore no fear of committing crime again once they get out. I know people who have been in prison. Given the option, of course they'd choose to live in the free world, but if they had to go back, it wouldn't be the end of the world to them.

The only way to control crime is with a strong enough deterrent which apparently our prisons are not. That's why I and millions of other Americans carry our firearms with us. Death is the best deterrent.

Gotta love it

It is so sad that myself and 12 fellow patriots approve of this bullshit

We approve because we'd never want a loved one to suffer the horrors of you utter scum bag ITDS suffers (Infantile)

So, what are you going to do to reduce the murder rate then?

The worst murder rate in the first world, by about 4 or 5 times.

And yet any time anyone brings up sensible suggestions you knock them down.

"First world" is an arbitrary designation.

America's murder rate is actually in the middle of the pack.

Considering the Fact that so many of America's murders are committed in those areas dominated by immigrants from countrieswith high murder rates, it isn't a surprising fact. Maybe a wall to prevent these murder-hungry folks from coming across so easily- so we can vet who comes here?

In the middle of the pack if we include lots of poor countries.

Let's be arbitrary, I'm going to say Portugal and up is first world. Seems to be the lowest country on the list I might consider first world, though barely.

Portugal 0.79 murder rate
Kuwait 1.8
Czech Republic 0.6
Estonia 2.12
Slovenia 0.48
Cyprus 1.26
Bahamas 30.9 (problem here is that the Bahamas isn't really first world, it's got a high GDP per capita, but that's because there are some very rich people dodging taxes)
Spain .62

I could go on, all the countries Portugal and above that have a high GDP per capita and have a lower level of income inequality (ie, poorer people have a relatively decent standard of living) will have much lower murder rate that the US which has 4.96.

The US is 94th in the world for murder (1st being the lowest murder rate)

The countries immediately below the US (slightly lower murder) are Kenya, Angola, Micronesia, Lithuania, Niger, Chile, North Korea, Latvia, Somalia, Turkmenistan.

Above it's Cuba, Kazakhstan, Sudan, Zambia, Greenland, Argentina, American Samoa, Suriname

Hardly countries that are used to be close to the US on such lists, wouldn't you say?

And then come the excuses. I'm sure plenty of European first world countries could fiddle with their statistics and say that those immigrants, those minorities, taken out would reduce their crime and murder rates further.

The point is the US has violent areas. Why?

Lots of reasons why, but the main one would be SELFISHNESS of the people and politicians.

I don't see it.

America is one of the least selfish nations on the Face of the Earth. We give more money to charity that almost anyone. When people are needed to sponsor little starving Ethiopian children, Sally Struthers appeals to Americans, not Eurotrash.

How many countries have you been to and lived in?

The US is a massively selfish country. The US gives more money to charity because the government doesn't. Giving money is often a feel good thing for rich people. They can tell their rich buddies how much they've given. Often it's given for RELIGIOUS reasons. Buying their way into heaven.

I went to the Lusaka fair in Zambia with a dairy farmer from Australia looking to help better dairy yields in that country. He went around talking to these guys with lots of money to hand out to people who want to do something.

Problem was, you could tell there was loads of corruption. These guys with the money weren't that interested in talking, they would take their massive cut, they money would probably go to friends or farmers who'd run off with it.

Essentially lots of charity money that'd not do anything for Zambia, other that encourage corruption.

But at least a bunch of rich people will feel good about themselves.
How did it work out in Zimbabwe driving the white farmers out or chopping them up.

In America that has never been covered. It is forbidden. Zimbabwe was a jewel at one time.

We are not allowed to even speak about SAfrica in America. The disaster of Mandela

I still think of it as Rhodesia.

Any country that renames itself, is a country that either has NO PROBLEMS, or is admitting that it has no ability to address it's problems.

imo.

I just did. For lowlifes, our prisons are nothing but taxpayer paid playgrounds. They have no fear going back to prison therefore no fear of committing crime again once they get out. I know people who have been in prison. Given the option, of course they'd choose to live in the free world, but if they had to go back, it wouldn't be the end of the world to them.

The only way to control crime is with a strong enough deterrent which apparently our prisons are not. That's why I and millions of other Americans carry our firearms with us. Death is the best deterrent.
The problem in the prisons that there are rules to control the offenders but the guards refuse to uniformly enforce those rules. There were convicts I would have rather worked with than guards.

The problem in the prisons that there are rules to control the offenders but the guards refuse to uniformly enforce those rules. There were convicts I would have rather worked with than guards.

A friend of mine used to be a corrections officer in a prison. She said when two guys got into a beef, they'd find someplace to beat the hell out of each other. She said she'd just turn her back and pretend she didn't know what was going on. Why should she take a chance at getting hurt trying to break up two violent guys in a fight?

First. Let’s deal with empirical evidence. Not insane theory. Norway has one of the lowest rates in the world for repeat offenders. So according to you they must have absolutely barbaric prisons. But their prisons are among the most humane in the world.

Now, Norway’s recidivism rate is about 20%. Ours is more than three times higher at 64%.

So why is Norway’s lower? Is it because Norwegians are somehow superior humans to Americans? Is it because Norwegians are Homo Superior compared to us lowly Homosapians?

No. They are people just like us. What is the difference? Norway understands something you do not. Those prisoners are going to get out of Prison one day, and we should focus on rehabilitation instead of revenge.

Now according to you, South America should have the lowest Recidivism rate in the world. Their prisons are barbaric. The worst in the world is in Bolivia. But even Bolivia has a Recidivism Rate more than double that in Norway.

So how is it that the humane system where rehabilitation is the goal is more effective than the worst hellholes in the world? I mean, only brutality is going to work isn’t it?

We are dealing with empirical evidence here. You should be able to point to a barbaric prison with a recidivism rate lower than Norway right? I can’t find one. I can’t find one searching high and low. Perhaps you can.

Getting tough sounds good, and it seems to make sense. But in another thread I pointed out that Elite Units were created out of thin air more than once. And the thing that made those units elite was the standards and expectations. The same is true of trash. If you treat people like garbage, you’ll have garbage to deal with. If you get in my face with hostility, you can expect hostility in return. If you use violence, you can expect violence in return. On the other hand, if you start out respectfully and with courtesy, you will probably get that in return in a vast majority of cases.

Norway proved that. And continues to prove it. So now, we have a question. Do we accept the empirical evidence, or continue on with the utterly discredited fantasy? I bet we continue with the fantasy. It makes sadists feel better.

Gotta love it

They're still cops they just resigned from that team.
They'll be heavily recruited and payed well in another state where they will be loved and hugged and kissed.

But I'm sure some said fuck this bullshit it ain't worth 60k a yr to get killed or spend a life sentence slapping some dope head. A life sentence means some jail and a reputation tarnished forever

A friend of mine used to be a corrections officer in a prison. She said when two guys got into a beef, they'd find someplace to beat the hell out of each other. She said she'd just turn her back and pretend she didn't know what was going on. Why should she take a chance at getting hurt trying to break up two violent guys in a fight?
Our procedure was different. We were NOT allowed to engage them. Our policy was to call for backup and wait until they arrived then go in with a show of force and put it down.

First. Let’s deal with empirical evidence. Not insane theory. Norway has one of the lowest rates in the world for repeat offenders. So according to you they must have absolutely barbaric prisons. But their prisons are among the most humane in the world.

Now you are trying to compare apples and oranges. The US is the most diversified country in the world, and our people of color the most violent and the most criminal in our society. In the hood, it's actually a badge of honor to be an ex-con. Your peers look up to you as some sort of hero. If you see a guy with a teardrop tattoo under his eye, it means he was a convicted murderer. He's not ashamed of what he did, he has no regrets for what he did, and wears it proudly like a retired Colonel who wears his military uniform.

So the people of Norway have less of a recidivism rate than people in south America. Do you notice any physical differences between the people in these two areas?

It's the same thing with the gun argument when people try to compare us to places in Europe or citizens in Japan. They blame the gun instead of the people; as if guns are jumping out of your dresser drawer in the middle of the night, sneaking out of the house to murder people. You can't fairly compare the US to Europe to make an anti-gun case.

I was watching the Laura Ingraham show a few weeks ago, and she had a segment on Sweden. Sweden (even though gun ownership was always allowed) was one of the safest countries in the world. Today it's the second most dangerous in all of Europe. What changed? Well what changed was their government opened the doors to all these middle-east refugees. When it was only occupied by Swedish people, virtually crime free. Will we learn any lesson from Sweden? Not if Democrats are in charge.

Now you are trying to compare apples and oranges. The US is the most diversified country in the world, and our people of color the most violent and the most criminal in our society. In the hood, it's actually a badge of honor to be an ex-con. Your peers look up to you as some sort of hero. If you see a guy with a teardrop tattoo under his eye, it means he was a convicted murderer. He's not ashamed of what he did, he has no regrets for what he did, and wears it proudly like a retired Colonel who wears his military uniform.

So the people of Norway have less of a recidivism rate than people in south America. Do you notice any physical differences between the people in these two areas?

It's the same thing with the gun argument when people try to compare us to places in Europe or citizens in Japan. They blame the gun instead of the people; as if guns are jumping out of your dresser drawer in the middle of the night, sneaking out of the house to murder people. You can't fairly compare the US to Europe to make an anti-gun case.

I was watching the Laura Ingraham show a few weeks ago, and she had a segment on Sweden. Sweden (even though gun ownership was always allowed) was one of the safest countries in the world. Today it's the second most dangerous in all of Europe. What changed? Well what changed was their government opened the doors to all these middle-east refugees. When it was only occupied by Swedish people, virtually crime free. Will we learn any lesson from Sweden? Not if Democrats are in charge.

Since our White population has always had a recidivism issue, I guess we are going with the asinine. Fine with me.

Norwegian people are superior to Americans. You read it from Ray first.

Since our White population has always had a recidivism issue, I guess we are going with the asinine. Fine with me.

I never said that. What I did say is that some races tend to be more violent and commit more acts of crime than others.

I never said that. What I did say is that some races tend to be more violent and commit more acts of crime than others.

Preposterous. Now you are using discredited racism claims to justify barbarism. That is fine. So long as you recognize that Norwegian are superior in every way to American.

You see. That is where your idiotic race crap comes into conflict. You are perfectly willing to say your race is superior. You are unwilling to admit your specifics are inferior to another race.

And that is where it obviously becomes a lie. Asians do better than Whites in school. So why are you not clamoring to get Asians in positions of leadership. They are smarter aren’t they? Well they aren’t White. So no they aren’t better.

We could go down the list. And show how in every category we are second. But you won’t do that. No you use the violent people of color as your excuse to make yourself feel superior without any evidence.

So let’s be honest. If you didn’t work for an Asian. You didn’t work for the smartest boss. If you don’t admit the Norwegian sub racial grouping is superior you are just a liar.

Preposterous. Now you are using discredited racism claims to justify barbarism. That is fine. So long as you recognize that Norwegian are superior in every way to American.

You see. That is where your idiotic race crap comes into conflict. You are perfectly willing to say your race is superior. You are unwilling to admit your specifics are inferior to another race.

And that is where it obviously becomes a lie. Asians do better than Whites in school. So why are you not clamoring to get Asians in positions of leadership. They are smarter aren’t they? Well they aren’t White. So no they aren’t better.

We could go down the list. And show how in every category we are second. But you won’t do that. No you use the violent people of color as your excuse to make yourself feel superior without any evidence.

So let’s be honest. If you didn’t work for an Asian. You didn’t work for the smartest boss. If you don’t admit the Norwegian sub racial grouping is superior you are just a liar.

I don't want to get in a pissing contest about what groups are better than others. My point is people of color are more violent than whites. It's not an opinion, a personal observation, it's statistics. 53% of the murders that take place in this country are committed by 7% of our population which are black males. That's not a Ray from Cleveland opinion, that's FBI statistics.

The reason I bring it up is because you can't compare our very diverse country to an all white or nearly all white society, and then claim the only difference is rehabilitation post-prison or the amount of guns a society has. You have to look deeper into something more statistical.

Asians and Jewish people get into very little trouble with the law. Both groups exceed whites in education and financial success. That's why some liberal colleges deduct points from your SAT score if you are of Asian descent. It doesn't make those groups of people better than anybody else, but you can't debate statistics. Blacks exceed all other groups in American sports. Again, that doesn't make them better people than others.

I don't want to get in a pissing contest about what groups are better than others. My point is people of color are more violent than whites. It's not an opinion, a personal observation, it's statistics. 53% of the murders that take place in this country are committed by 7% of our population which are black males. That's not a Ray from Cleveland opinion, that's FBI statistics.

The reason I bring it up is because you can't compare our very diverse country to an all white or nearly all white society, and then claim the only difference is rehabilitation post-prison or the amount of guns a society has. You have to look deeper into something more statistical.

Asians and Jewish people get into very little trouble with the law. Both groups exceed whites in education and financial success. That's why some liberal colleges deduct points from your SAT score if you are of Asian descent. It doesn't make those groups of people better than anybody else, but you can't debate statistics. Blacks exceed all other groups in American sports. Again, that doesn't make them better people than others.

We will never know. Because we are unwilling to try. We do that all the time. That is the real reason why America is slipping into Second World Nation. It isn’t minorities. It isn’t Liberals. It is stagnant thinking.

We could try it. See how it does. But no one will propose it because morons like you with your idiotic ideals of racial superiority will shout soft on crime.

So we will never try. We will never see if it would work. And that is why the rest of the world is passing us by. Other nations are building wind farms. We snort and say the wind doesn’t blow all the time so it is a waste. Other nations developed more efficient nuclear reactors. We snort and stick with coal and natural gas.

The best cars are not built by American Countries. The best planes come from Europe, Canada, or Brazil. Blame Democrats. Blame Liberals. Blame anyone you want. But we are falling.

In another Generation we will be the pathetic country rattling the nuclear saber because we have nothing left to work with.

We will never know. Because we are unwilling to try. We do that all the time. That is the real reason why America is slipping into Second World Nation. It isn’t minorities. It isn’t Liberals. It is stagnant thinking.

We could try it. See how it does. But no one will propose it because morons like you with your idiotic ideals of racial superiority will shout soft on crime.

So we will never try. We will never see if it would work. And that is why the rest of the world is passing us by. Other nations are building wind farms. We snort and say the wind doesn’t blow all the time so it is a waste. Other nations developed more efficient nuclear reactors. We snort and stick with coal and natural gas.

The best cars are not built by American Countries. The best planes come from Europe, Canada, or Brazil. Blame Democrats. Blame Liberals. Blame anyone you want. But we are falling.

In another Generation we will be the pathetic country rattling the nuclear saber because we have nothing left to work with.

Wait a minute, what are we unwilling to try?

Wind farms? We have one here in my state. It takes up ten square miles of land that could be used for better things, and doesn't produce the amount of energy that fossil fuels can. Those windmills are noisy, they kill birds, they require expensive maintenance, and like anything else, need to be replaced after a period of time. If it were financially advantageous, government wouldn't need to subsidize them. I'd have one in my backyard.

Nuclear? We Republicans are all behind nuclear. It's the Democrats who oppose it. They are worried (and rightfully so) what we will end up doing with all that nuclear waste. As our population grows thanks to the Democrats and their open borders policies, the more people we have, the more land we will need to house people, to farm, to build more warehouses and stores. If our land is being taken by windmills, nuclear waste and we keep growing, where are we going to put all these people? And let's not forget all that battery waste from electric cars they are pushing.

Correct, we are subpar when it comes to auto manufacturing. Again, Democrats with their strong support of unions are responsible for that. I haven't owned an American car in 20 years. My last American made car was my last American made car. After 30,000 miles, my mechanic drove it more than I did. When I got sick of paying for tows, paying for repairs, calling off of work because my car didn't start AGAIN, I took my former mechanics advice. I bought a Toyota. I'm on my third one. None of my Japanese cars ever seen a tow truck, never left me stranded anywhere, never caused me to use my vacation time to wait for a tow truck or my mechanic to get here, didn't start rusting out six or seven years down the road. I love my Camry.

I must admit though, it was not my former mechanic alone. When I was ready to get another car, I took note of the brands of cars stranded on the side of the highway. Most were American made cars. Plus I used to deliver to the auto plants in our state. If they build cars anything like they run their docks, I knew buying American was the stupidest thing to do. My Toyota has a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, or seven years, whichever comes first. American cars really can't provide that with the cheap parts they use so they can pay their workers superior money and benefits.

Gotta love it

Hell. I wouldn't have paid that rioter a damned dime. Too bad she wasn't in my State. If she were she would have been shot.

Good for the RRT. The whole department should resign and let social workers take the calls, handle rioters, protesters and arsonists.

Forum List

Back