Portland truck attack suspect arrested

This is manifestly untrue, especially in regards to looting. Violence is what? Taking to the streets without a permit? Burning or overturning a garbage can? Throwing a firecracker? Official BLM protests at least don’t bring guns into state capitols!

How about a Portland City Council that AIDS AND ABETS 90 nights of violent arsonists terrorizing any street they choose to pick and DEMANDING their police force NOT be in the vicinity to enforce public safety..

That isn’t accurate. The protests are largely confined to a 4 by 6 block area, in a city that is 145 sq miles in size.

And yes, is past time for it to be broken up and And participants to be sent home to work on political solutions instead of what has become senseless violence.

This is manifestly untrue, especially in regards to looting. Violence is what? Taking to the streets without a permit? Burning or overturning a garbage can? Throwing a firecracker? Official BLM protests at least don’t bring guns into state capitols!

How about a Portland City Council that AIDS AND ABETS 90 nights of violent arsonists terrorizing any street they choose to pick and DEMANDING their police force NOT be in the vicinity to enforce public safety.. YOU should be appalled as any sane or rational person should be appalled at this stupidity.. Especially when deaths or injuries occur and THEN expect to get their "defunded police" to go in AFTER the rioters have the UPPER HAND and injure a half dozen cops picking up the dead and wounded..

By CONDONING these 3 months of lawlessness, $MILLIONS a night in property damage, lost business, and removing "KILL BEZOS" and "TORCH STARBUCKS" graffiti, broken security cameras, PILLAGED POLICE and FEDERAL facilities -- they are giving BLM "the good part" a bad name..

I heard the victim tonight interviewed tonight. He wasn't concerned with burning trash or fireworks. He's mad at Portland mayor/city council.. And he doesn't LIKE Portland anymore.. How many more months will it take before the businesses and residents FLEE a city with an AUTHORIZED terrorist army running the streets at night at their will??

You can chuckle and cackle all ya want.. But when the bill comes due, it's NOT gonna be funny for Seattle. Portland, LA, D.C., Chicago and NYC...

All this snark from your author about "Repubs having to resolve the fact that he was attempting to rescue a trans woman" is just more political BS... It comes down to dangerously inept muni govts who think they are on the RIGHT SIDE of the revolution, but are BEEFING UP their PERSONAL security details --- just in case...

Don't need snark.. Need adults that think about consequences of their actions...

Are you familiar with counterpunch?

It is the website that gives a platform to antisemites, terrorist supporters and radical leftists of all stripes. I don't know if you remember Ward Churchill and his "little Eichmans" comment to justify the bombing of the world trade Center, but that is indicative of its content.

In the words of Ian Fleming.. "Live and Let Die"... LOL... Great McCartney cover on that...

Probably something stupid like a Twinkie defense or the spoiled by wealth defense...seriously though I hope he has to do some serious long term restorative justice in addition to prison.
We may never know since the liberal news media will drop this story like a hot potato

I think the ANTIFA/Black Lies Matter rioters are severely unbalanced social misfits

and if he were a rightwinger the lib news media would be investigating every aspect of his personal life looking for red flags such as Christianity, respect for the flag, or other heinous crimes against humanity from the liberal point of view

That isn’t accurate. The protests are largely confined to a 4 by 6 block area, in a city that is 145 sq miles in size.

Can't be.. They hit the streets for 90 nights now.. I know there's an ICE facility, multiple Starbucks, a police station, the police records dept, etc... Too many targets involved..

Portland-protest-timeline-police-820-860x432.jpg

Local TV news in Portland put that together.. Along with the following story,..

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police said Thursday they have declared a riot 17 times and arrested a total of more than 500 people during nightly demonstrations throughout the city that began in late May following the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

Data released by the Portland Police Bureau showed fires were set by protesters on 41 of the 83 nights of protest, acts of vandalism were committed on 49 nights, and projectiles were thrown during at least 58 nights.

Can't be.. They hit the streets for 90 nights now.. I know there's an ICE facility, multiple Starbucks, a police station, the police records dept, etc... Too many targets involved..

Portland-protest-timeline-police-820-860x432.jpg

Local TV news in Portland put that together.. Along with the following story,..

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police said Thursday they have declared a riot 17 times and arrested a total of more than 500 people during nightly demonstrations throughout the city that began in late May following the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

Data released by the Portland Police Bureau showed fires were set by protesters on 41 of the 83 nights of protest, acts of vandalism were committed on 49 nights, and projectiles were thrown during at least 58 nights.
Well then, I was wrong.

westwall...are we talking about two different things?

Self defense (or immediate defense of another)...

Or..taking the law into your own hands and meting out justice?

Because imo those are two different things. The first, I agree with you on and the law recognizes it as valid. That is not vigilantism.

Vigilantism begins with self defense. When the State refuses to defend the people, the people are going to defends themselves. Then, if the State CONTINUES to do nothing, the vigilantes will mete out justice. They will do so under control however. Your interpretation of vigilante justice is completely wrong. In all the cases in the west where it was used, the accused was duly tried, had a jury determine guilt, and then was summarily hanged for the crimes they were convicted of. The vigilantes rose up ONLY as a last resort.

They then disbanded. That was true in all cases. Unlike what progressives claim, the regular people are not the bloodthirsty mob you claim them to be. They are NOT the BLM assholes who are doing exactly that! That sort of behavior is a LEFTIST thing. Not a normal human being thing.
I don’t agree...while I agree with you on self defense, I can never condone vigilantism. It is lawlessness at best, and caused the deaths of thousands at worst. It is mob justice.

What do you think is going to happen when the rioters continue to wreak havoc without consequence. Human nature tells us that if they suffer no consequences, they will escalate. How many murders do they have to commit before you start paying attention?

Who says it is without consequence? Most of this is occurring in a very small areas (though the RW media insists entire cities are burning and people everywhere being murdered) - worst have been charged and will be prosecuted. The man who pulled the guy from his car and attacked him is in jail (and apparently has a record of prior violence).

Shooting is not an acceptable consequence for disorderly conduct.

No, it's not. This assault on common decency is ripping the heart out of at least four major cities. It is a LIE that the rioting is small and localised. Portland's downtown is shuttered, the same for Seattle and Minneapolis, and significant parts of New York as well.

This is not localized. Why do you perpetuate these lies? Anyone can look at the THOUSANDS of videos being posted up, every day, and see what is really happening. You have to be willfully ignorant, and only watch CNN to be this misinformed.

Quite possible that the DA will drop the charges. They've dropped a lot of charges against this lot.

Most of what is dropped are minor things that they can't really make stick, like disorderly conduct. Assault like this is a whole 'other level. It's like what happened in Charlottesville - a lot of the violence ended up not being prosecuted, but the guy that drove the truck into the crowd most certainly will be prosecuted. I think for the minor stuff - getting thrown in jail for the night is traumatic enough to make a lasting impression for many.
Does anyone have an update on the condition of that guy anyway? He should have not tried to reason with those people. You can't...unless you bend the knee...

It's gotten too far out of hand. In several places the rioters are heading into residential districts. Gotta wonder whent he mayors and governors will call in their NG and put an end to this crap. Protest all you want, it's a free country. But start with the rioting, burning, and violence and you ain't a protester anymore, you are a criminal.
pretty sure they call foul when the "protesters" get to their own homes.
"If" that even happens. How many are already using police to protect their domain? (Lightfoot?) Personal security Im sure by now.

Because imo those are two different things. The first, I agree with you on and the law recognizes it as valid. That is not vigilantism.

Vigilantism begins with self defense. When the State refuses to defend the people, the people are going to defends themselves. Then, if the State CONTINUES to do nothing, the vigilantes will mete out justice. They will do so under control however. Your interpretation of vigilante justice is completely wrong. In all the cases in the west where it was used, the accused was duly tried, had a jury determine guilt, and then was summarily hanged for the crimes they were convicted of. The vigilantes rose up ONLY as a last resort.

They then disbanded. That was true in all cases. Unlike what progressives claim, the regular people are not the bloodthirsty mob you claim them to be. They are NOT the BLM assholes who are doing exactly that! That sort of behavior is a LEFTIST thing. Not a normal human being thing.
I don’t agree...while I agree with you on self defense, I can never condone vigilantism. It is lawlessness at best, and caused the deaths of thousands at worst. It is mob justice.

What do you think is going to happen when the rioters continue to wreak havoc without consequence. Human nature tells us that if they suffer no consequences, they will escalate. How many murders do they have to commit before you start paying attention?

Who says it is without consequence? Most of this is occurring in a very small areas (though the RW media insists entire cities are burning and people everywhere being murdered) - worst have been charged and will be prosecuted. The man who pulled the guy from his car and attacked him is in jail (and apparently has a record of prior violence).

More excuses from the left..............more death and destruction..........more DNC political assholes who refuse to serve and protect the people they are supposed to represent.,

A long time ago.....in our youth............The National Guard went in..........with orders to shoot looters........Shit ended quick............By whatever means..............which is now the DNC motto.........what happens to whatever means when Karma comes to you.

Put your animals on a leash or in a cage............support the police............and end this BS..........or eventually.........I guarantee you blood will be on the streets...........it's coming...........even in liberal la la land........you can only push people into a corner for so long before they say ENOUGH..............

And the blood will be on the DNC hands.

More excuses from the left..............more death and destruction..........more DNC political assholes who refuse to serve and protect the people they are supposed to represent.,

A long time ago.....in our youth............The National Guard went in..........with orders to shoot looters........Shit ended quick............By whatever means..............which is now the DNC motto.........what happens to whatever means when Karma comes to you.

Put your animals on a leash or in a cage............support the police............and end this BS..........or eventually.........I guarantee you blood will be on the streets...........it's coming...........even in liberal la la land........you can only push people into a corner for so long before they say ENOUGH..............

Has this even moved it's way to a red city? Curious...

Has this even moved it's way to a red city? Curious...
Not that I know of........some tried here........dropped off pallets of bricks downtown.......confronted by the police.......city workers took the bricks.....and the BLM people trying to prep were told.........this will not happen here.........

Some got to hold up signs........with police and a bus ready to haul them off if they tried to impede traffic...........In most red states.........the National Guard will be there and end it quickly.

It's gotten too far out of hand. In several places the rioters are heading into residential districts. Gotta wonder whent he mayors and governors will call in their NG and put an end to this crap. Protest all you want, it's a free country. But start with the rioting, burning, and violence and you ain't a protester anymore, you are a criminal.
Agree, but here's the deal folks.... The reason it's gone on for this long, is for the very same reasoning that these little spoiled rotten numbskulls never got their aces whopped by their parents or parent when coming up in life. You know, Doctor Spock told'em so or how not to do it etc.

Now we are seeing the results of the out of their wit's "village child raising" results taking place across America. With all this understood, the governor's and mayor's are basically doing exactly what the kids parents had done when they were young (letting them get away with it).

Allowing "emotionally" driven types (who should be unqualified for this reason), to run something like a mayor's office or governor's office might be the wrong thing to do, just saying. In other words are we seeing the results over and over and over again from the mistake maybe ?????

Then stop being "disorderly"

Your minimizing the violence the left is creating is amazing. Mostly amazing you expect people to believe this shit. Look around, people are tired of the whining.

That negro should be hanged in the public square. Let's have a good old fashion lynching to send the message to other violent protesters, negro and white alike, that violence will not work, and the only ones who will benefit from it are those who will be rid of the negro and white monkeyfucks who perpetrate it.

At the very least, this piece of shit needs to have his teeth kicked into another time zone...
Thank you for a truely disgusting reminder of what we used to be like. Just sad that the “used to be” isn’t as “used to be” as I thought.
What are we like when he's pulling innocent people out of their vehicles, kicking their ass, then coming back for a stomp on the head cause he's white?

While I certainly don't excuse what this poster said, I certainly do not excuse the actions that led up to him saying it.

We agree he needs to go through our court system. Good. But his behavior was far worse than some internet warrior talking tough.

That doesn’t excuse it. Given the overall mood of the country racist rhetoric like that, that has a solid foundation of action in our history isn’t helpful. Why go round Robin Hood’s barn to excuse it because that is effectively what you did? The behavior of the man who who pulled him from the car is inexcusable. But why add to it? I don’t see why.

That negro should be hanged in the public square. Let's have a good old fashion lynching to send the message to other violent protesters, negro and white alike, that violence will not work, and the only ones who will benefit from it are those who will be rid of the negro and white monkeyfucks who perpetrate it.

At the very least, this piece of shit needs to have his teeth kicked into another time zone...
Thank you for a truely disgusting reminder of what we used to be like. Just sad that the “used to be” isn’t as “used to be” as I thought.
What are we like when he's pulling innocent people out of their vehicles, kicking their ass, then coming back for a stomp on the head cause he's white?

While I certainly don't excuse what this poster said, I certainly do not excuse the actions that led up to him saying it.

We agree he needs to go through our court system. Good. But his behavior was far worse than some internet warrior talking tough.

That doesn’t excuse it. Given the overall mood of the country racist rhetoric like that, that has a solid foundation of action in our history isn’t helpful. Why go round Robin Hood’s barn to excuse it because that is effectively what you did? The behavior of the man who who pulled him from the car is inexcusable. But why add to it? I don’t see why.
I think it's stupid, but if you can understand why people are out hurting others for 5heir social causes, I can understand why people will get mad and call them hateful names.

Honestly...I have a hard time understanding it. Because maybe because I just don’t see it as understandable. The guy who did this wasn’t doing for a social cause. That cause had long dissipated when the mob became a mob. I don’t understand blaming all blacks for this (when ironically, other black folks were trying to stop this guy) any more than I understand blaming all whites for certain actions. What I DO see is we are in very volatile times right now and there seems to be a real crisis in leadership, from the topon down to the mayor of Portland.

The mayor of Portland is a fucking joke. He should be dragged from city hall by his testicles. He wouldn't know "leadership" if it fucking fell on him.

You say you don't understand blaming all blacks for this. Well, I don't understand blaming all cops when a Geroge Floyd is killed. I don't understand holding white people today to account fore the actions of white people who've been dead for 150 years.

Yet, idiots are doing those things every single day...

Agree. So how do we move forward?
vote the people out if office who refuse to stop the violence.

like this bitch:

But, that won't happen. And if they are voted out, they will be replaced by someone just like them. So, what then?

I think it's stupid, but if you can understand why people are out hurting others for 5heir social causes, I can understand why people will get mad and call them hateful names.

Honestly...I have a hard time understanding it. Because maybe because I just don’t see it as understandable. The guy who did this wasn’t doing for a social cause. That cause had long dissipated when the mob became a mob. I don’t understand blaming all blacks for this (when ironically, other black folks were trying to stop this guy) any more than I understand blaming all whites for certain actions. What I DO see is we are in very volatile times right now and there seems to be a real crisis in leadership, from the topon down to the mayor of Portland.

The mayor of Portland is a fucking joke. He should be dragged from city hall by his testicles. He wouldn't know "leadership" if it fucking fell on him.

You say you don't understand blaming all blacks for this. Well, I don't understand blaming all cops when a Geroge Floyd is killed. I don't understand holding white people today to account fore the actions of white people who've been dead for 150 years.

Yet, idiots are doing those things every single day...

Agree. So how do we move forward?
vote the people out if office who refuse to stop the violence.

like this bitch:

But, that won't happen. And if they are voted out, they will be replaced by someone just like them. So, what then?
Lets see first.

Quite possible that the DA will drop the charges. They've dropped a lot of charges against this lot.

Most of what is dropped are minor things that they can't really make stick, like disorderly conduct. Assault like this is a whole 'other level. It's like what happened in Charlottesville - a lot of the violence ended up not being prosecuted, but the guy that drove the truck into the crowd most certainly will be prosecuted. I think for the minor stuff - getting thrown in jail for the night is traumatic enough to make a lasting impression for many.
Jail for a night is traumatic enough ??? What are we talking about here "children" ???? Ever seen children this destructive ??

I bet if you were being beaten by one of these children, your whole perspective on the seriousness of what they are capable of would change. You would be like that Mayor in Chicago (not at my house they don't), while watching the little turds get vengence on those you personally hate in life.

I wonder if the DA does that the people will start taking to vigilantism for self protection?

Vigilantism is just another word for mob justice. You know, like what this mob does.
It works...........and only is needed if the system of justice breaks down.....................and in DNC run places ordering police to stand down............and DA's that cherry pick what they will charge...........

This shit ends when these people get a taste of their own medicine........in other areas of the country they tried it........didn't turn out well for them.............because WHERE I COME FROM...........they get educated VERY QUICKLY.

No. It doesn’t work. It completely avoids the the law, the justice system, our right a jury trial, the protections and presumptions of innocence we are supposed to be granted.

Vigilantism is mob justice where the color of your skin is enough to prove tbe crime whether it is the by the mob who pulled a white man from a car or the men who followed, ambushed and shot a black man jogging in a white neighborhood.

Have to laugh though. Though you guys were the law and order folks...but I see far more posts advocating Violence, whether it is shooting protestors for trespassing or...vigilante “justice” from the right than I do from the left supporting Riots. Don’t see much support for that at all.

When the government through corruption, or incompetence, refuses to protect the people, the people WILL, protect themselves.

That is simple reality.

And why do you inject race into this? Race has NOTHING to do with desiring to protect your family.

Any one with a knowledge of history knows race has been a factor and outside of race. .many innocent people have been murdered by vigilante "justice". Who gives you tbe right to be judge jury and executioner? What if you are wrong about the person you execute or beat up? What makes you any different then than the man who pulled the guy from the car and meted out his version of "justice"? And by the way...I didnt bring race into it. It was ALREADY brought in when someone pointed out the victim was white and the assaulter black.

I have an extensive knowledge of histtory and the reality is the western vigilance committees were not racist in any way. The "victims" of their justice were overwhelmingly white.

I think instead of your very shallow history knowledge you should do some research on the subject. Elton mentioned the Sydney Ducks of San Francisco. These were 3,000 gang members, mainly from Australia, who during the 1850's would set fire to the neighborhoods of San Francisco and then loot them before the flames destroyed everything after the people who lived there had fled the flames. This went on for a number of years until the San Francisco vigilance committee formed and destroyed them.

No racism, just a bunch of hard working people who had had enough. Racism is the last cry of the ignorant. And that is born out by massive amounts of scholarly research that shows the western States vigilantes were far from racist.

YOU need to stop making ignorant claims.

Westwall. I AM aware of history. I did not BRING race into it. It was already there brought up SPECIFICALY by the poster who advocated retaliatory violence against blacks. Did you MISS that bit on your haste.

I do not CARE what the race is of either the victimq or perpetrator is becaise the end result is the same.

Your knowledge of history ought to show you that, historicaly, race was significant factor in a portion of vigilante "justice". You cant ignore. You also cant ignore the many innocent victims of this extra judicial violence.

Who are they accountable to?

Who determines guilt?

Because rumor has it that.....? Everyone knows...that guy was always kind of weird....he looks at kids funny...he must have...where there is smoke there is fire...it was on twitter...why dont the police do anything....we need to DO something!

For everything they were legitimately right as aggrieved citizens (if can ever call lawlessness legitimate) there are 20 or more innocent victims.

When you have someone advocating going after "negros" in retaliation for a black man pulling an innocent white man out of a car and beating him (which was said by another poster) ...then you are just another lawless mob, no different than the one you are condemning.

Your claim about race being a significant factor in vigilante justice is a LIE. A well proven lie. The KKK and their terrorist attacks against blacks is not what we are talking about. We are talking about civilians being FORCED to take the law into their own hands because the government won't do their job for whatever reason. I suggest you read a book called "Gunfighters, Highwaymen, and Vigilantes" it is a scholarly study of western violence, and vigilantism in the most violent city in the west. Bodie California.

That is just one scholarly look at vigilantism, and how all the things you have been told are an outright lie. There are many others. Like i said, I have been studying violence in general for a very long time. The people are getting fed up and the backlash is going to be terrible. You ask some valid questions, questions that you SHOULD be asking the authorities in those cities that are allowing the cities they supposedly protect, to burn.

And you allow yourself to paint a broad brush against anyone who is opposite you because of one racist jackass. BLM is CLEARLY racist and nary a peep from you.

Westwall, I am not broad brushing anything. And I am not talking about the kkk. I am talking ordinary people who THINK they are right and act on it, outside the law.

Once you start that....who determines guilt? And how? And what if they are wrong?

Can you address that?

It's pretty easy to determine guilt when a rioter is caught in the act, don't you think? It is easy to determine guilt when a person invades you home. Don't you think? it is easy to determine guilt when a person attacks someone and you have multiple videos to prove it. Don't you think?

If some asshole were to attack you for no apparent reason while we were walking our dogs together, I can assure you that i wouldn't wait for the DA to determine if he was guilty or not. i would DEFEND you from an attack. That is what is going to start happening. Some asshole, is going to try and burn some poor business persons building down, and he is going to shoot that asshole.

THAT is what the end result of this wholesale abandonment of the cities by the authorities is going to lead. And nowhere do we hear the Democrat establishment condemning these actions.

NO WHERE!

I dont agree that it is that easy to determine guilt, because people, ESPECIALLY in a mob (whether it is a mob rioting or a mob exacting justice on rioters) don't behave rationally.

And justice needs to be rational and unemotional. That is why we have trained law enforcement (and no, I am not anti police), courts, judges and juries.

You know how it worked with Ahmed Arbery? 3 "vigilantes" decided to take justice into their own hands because the decided this guy was responsjble for some robberies, they followed him, ambushed him, and in the encounter ended up killing him.

That is the other side of the vigilante coin you want to ignore.

And what choice do the people who's lives are being shattered there have..............the politicians have sided with the anarchist............and left their ass hanging...........saying they should do nothing when the mob comes to them........or destroys their home or business.............

It is the DNC idiot politicians throwing gas on the fire..........and then telling those burned to not do anything.

Only in liberal lunacy land...........glad I don't live in a place like that.

AND, in some cases, arresting them if they successfully defend themselves.

I wonder if the DA does that the people will start taking to vigilantism for self protection?

Vigilantism is just another word for mob justice. You know, like what this mob does.
It works...........and only is needed if the system of justice breaks down.....................and in DNC run places ordering police to stand down............and DA's that cherry pick what they will charge...........

This shit ends when these people get a taste of their own medicine........in other areas of the country they tried it........didn't turn out well for them.............because WHERE I COME FROM...........they get educated VERY QUICKLY.

No. It doesn’t work. It completely avoids the the law, the justice system, our right a jury trial, the protections and presumptions of innocence we are supposed to be granted.

Vigilantism is mob justice where the color of your skin is enough to prove tbe crime whether it is the by the mob who pulled a white man from a car or the men who followed, ambushed and shot a black man jogging in a white neighborhood.

Have to laugh though. Though you guys were the law and order folks...but I see far more posts advocating Violence, whether it is shooting protestors for trespassing or...vigilante “justice” from the right than I do from the left supporting Riots. Don’t see much support for that at all.

When the government through corruption, or incompetence, refuses to protect the people, the people WILL, protect themselves.

That is simple reality.

And why do you inject race into this? Race has NOTHING to do with desiring to protect your family.

Any one with a knowledge of history knows race has been a factor and outside of race. .many innocent people have been murdered by vigilante "justice". Who gives you tbe right to be judge jury and executioner? What if you are wrong about the person you execute or beat up? What makes you any different then than the man who pulled the guy from the car and meted out his version of "justice"? And by the way...I didnt bring race into it. It was ALREADY brought in when someone pointed out the victim was white and the assaulter black.

I have an extensive knowledge of histtory and the reality is the western vigilance committees were not racist in any way. The "victims" of their justice were overwhelmingly white.

I think instead of your very shallow history knowledge you should do some research on the subject. Elton mentioned the Sydney Ducks of San Francisco. These were 3,000 gang members, mainly from Australia, who during the 1850's would set fire to the neighborhoods of San Francisco and then loot them before the flames destroyed everything after the people who lived there had fled the flames. This went on for a number of years until the San Francisco vigilance committee formed and destroyed them.

No racism, just a bunch of hard working people who had had enough. Racism is the last cry of the ignorant. And that is born out by massive amounts of scholarly research that shows the western States vigilantes were far from racist.

YOU need to stop making ignorant claims.

Westwall. I AM aware of history. I did not BRING race into it. It was already there brought up SPECIFICALY by the poster who advocated retaliatory violence against blacks. Did you MISS that bit on your haste.

I do not CARE what the race is of either the victimq or perpetrator is becaise the end result is the same.

Your knowledge of history ought to show you that, historicaly, race was significant factor in a portion of vigilante "justice". You cant ignore. You also cant ignore the many innocent victims of this extra judicial violence.

Who are they accountable to?

Who determines guilt?

Because rumor has it that.....? Everyone knows...that guy was always kind of weird....he looks at kids funny...he must have...where there is smoke there is fire...it was on twitter...why dont the police do anything....we need to DO something!

For everything they were legitimately right as aggrieved citizens (if can ever call lawlessness legitimate) there are 20 or more innocent victims.

When you have someone advocating going after "negros" in retaliation for a black man pulling an innocent white man out of a car and beating him (which was said by another poster) ...then you are just another lawless mob, no different than the one you are condemning.

Your claim about race being a significant factor in vigilante justice is a LIE. A well proven lie. The KKK and their terrorist attacks against blacks is not what we are talking about. We are talking about civilians being FORCED to take the law into their own hands because the government won't do their job for whatever reason. I suggest you read a book called "Gunfighters, Highwaymen, and Vigilantes" it is a scholarly study of western violence, and vigilantism in the most violent city in the west. Bodie California.

That is just one scholarly look at vigilantism, and how all the things you have been told are an outright lie. There are many others. Like i said, I have been studying violence in general for a very long time. The people are getting fed up and the backlash is going to be terrible. You ask some valid questions, questions that you SHOULD be asking the authorities in those cities that are allowing the cities they supposedly protect, to burn.

And you allow yourself to paint a broad brush against anyone who is opposite you because of one racist jackass. BLM is CLEARLY racist and nary a peep from you.

Westwall, I am not broad brushing anything. And I am not talking about the kkk. I am talking ordinary people who THINK they are right and act on it, outside the law.

Once you start that....who determines guilt? And how? And what if they are wrong?

Can you address that?

It's pretty easy to determine guilt when a rioter is caught in the act, don't you think? It is easy to determine guilt when a person invades you home. Don't you think? it is easy to determine guilt when a person attacks someone and you have multiple videos to prove it. Don't you think?

If some asshole were to attack you for no apparent reason while we were walking our dogs together, I can assure you that i wouldn't wait for the DA to determine if he was guilty or not. i would DEFEND you from an attack. That is what is going to start happening. Some asshole, is going to try and burn some poor business persons building down, and he is going to shoot that asshole.

THAT is what the end result of this wholesale abandonment of the cities by the authorities is going to lead. And nowhere do we hear the Democrat establishment condemning these actions.

NO WHERE!

I dont agree that it is that easy to determine guilt, because people, ESPECIALLY in a mob (whether it is a mob rioting or a mob exacting justice on rioters) don't behave rationally.

And justice needs to be rational and unemotional. That is why we have trained law enforcement (and no, I am not anti police), courts, judges and juries.

You know how it worked with Ahmed Arbery? 3 "vigilantes" decided to take justice into their own hands because the decided this guy was responsjble for some robberies, they followed him, ambushed him, and in the encounter ended up killing him.

That is the other side of the vigilante coin you want to ignore.

And what choice do the people who's lives are being shattered there have..............the politicians have sided with the anarchist............and left their ass hanging...........saying they should do nothing when the mob comes to them........or destroys their home or business.............

It is the DNC idiot politicians throwing gas on the fire..........and then telling those burned to not do anything.

Only in liberal lunacy land...........glad I don't live in a place like that.

AND, in some cases, arresting them if they successfully defend themselves.

Yeah............the DNC is full of assholes who use power to get there way......and arrest those who dare to protect their property and family

Glad I live in a Red State........they come here..........they will wish they were in Portland......we don't give a shit.

And yet, there has been violence and looting at a majority of BLM marches and protests from the beginning.

But it is certainly true that unorganized or poorly organized demonstrations, especially at night, easily turn out of control. This seems to be a classic example of a chaotic bunch that split off from an organized protest. I know — as an old organizer and security monitor at anti-Vietnam War demos — how easy it is for a few assholes or a single individual to provoke serious violence, especially if tempers toward police are already high or police are acting unprofessionally, as they often enough were. There were no police in this case, but I’ve met real police infiltrators, confronted provocateurs and cowards who throw soda bottles at cops from safe spots behind crowds, and helped fight off attacks on peaceful demonstrators.

In the videos shown here, we see many of the apparently completely unofficial or self-designated security people and many ordinary street people trying to calm down a bad chaotic situation a few blocks from an official BLM protest (according to FOX). I agree the leaders of any “official” groups need to speak out loudly against this sort of thing (they usually do) and try to deal more effectively with troublemakers. But it ain’t easy to stop criminal types or professional provocateurs, or the occasional drunk or hyped up drug addict — believe you me.

All that said, I’ve heard of much worse beatings handed out by a crowd of drunken Irishmen outside a bar in Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan, a block away from where I once lived. Glad the cops got this cowardly punk, though. One less troublemaker.

The "firecrackers"' are not the little ones children play with. Cops have been hospitalized by them.

Forum List

Back