Post Office to stop Saturday Delivery

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
Postal Service to cut Saturday mail to trim costs | US National Headlines | Comcast

The U.S. Postal Service will stop delivering mail on Saturdays but continue to deliver packages six days a week under a plan aimed at saving about $2 billion annually, the financially struggling agency says.

In an announcement scheduled for later Wednesday, the service is expected to say the Saturday mail cutback would begin in August.

The move accentuates one of the agency's strong points — package delivery has increased by 14 percent since 2010, officials say, while the delivery of letters and other mail has declined with the increasing use of email and other Internet services.

How about stop all delivery ? Government mismanagement at its best. They can keep all there junk mail, what a dinosaur.:clap2::clap2:

Makes sense

Frankly, I could probably get by with two day a week mail delivery

why not just relieve them of the burden the republicans saddled them with

Makes sense

Same here...

And don't you know that some here are confounded that there isn't a call to arms to keep Saturday delivery or even M-W-F delivery and the union jobs that go with them?

I'd be happy with Tuesdays and Thursdays too.

I could spend Saturday in the park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes sense

Same here...

And don't you know that some here are confounded that there isn't a call to arms to keep Saturday delivery or even M-W-F delivery and the union jobs that go with them?

Most of what I get are flyers and advertisements with bills mixed in. I usually have two or more weeks to pay the bill so a couple of days don't matter.

I'm sure it is different with businesses who need five day mail delivery. I don't think Saturdays are critical to anyone

Makes sense

Same here...

Most of what I get are flyers and advertisements with bills mixed in. I usually have two or more weeks to pay the bill so a couple of days don't matter.

I'm sure it is different with businesses who need five day mail delivery. I don't think Saturdays are critical to anyone

Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it as well. Give the postal folks Saturdays off it will likely be good for us just because it's good for them.

We all know you're a lying sack of shit but you've been spanked on this one before.

The law that imposed that "burden" (Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act) was not only co-sponsored by oh-so-conservative Henry Waxman (D), it passed the House on a vote of 410 to 20. That's as bi-partisan as you get.

Lying the first time was bad enough, but doing it again AFTER having your enormous ass handed to you is just pathetic on your part.

Makes sense

I agree -- and the fact that this took this long to happen and will be this controversial shows how hard it is to cut any type of government spending.

If we cant cut back on mail delivery to save $$$ dont tell me we have a spending problem in this country

We all know you're a lying sack of shit but you've been spanked on this one before.

The law that imposed that "burden" (Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act) was not only co-sponsored by oh-so-conservative Henry Waxman (D), it passed the House on a vote of 410 to 20. That's as bi-partisan as you get.

Lying the first time was bad enough, but doing it again AFTER having your enormous ass handed to you is just pathetic on your part.

The legislation was poorly designed, has been poorly implemented, and has hurt the USPS.

I would have no trouble with Wednesday route mail being stopped as well.

Anyone can go to the PO for box mail.

The legislation was poorly designed, has been poorly implemented, and has hurt the USPS.

Is that your way of saying TM was lying when it blamed Republicans for that bi-partisan bill? Or are you just moving the goalposts?

Is that your way of saying TM was lying when it blamed Republicans for that bi-partisan bill? Or are you just moving the goalposts?

It's my way of saying that the Congress got it wrong period, and that eflatminor is being deceitful in suggesting that it is good legislation.

It's my way of saying that the Congress got it wrong period, and that eflatminor is being deceitful in suggesting that it is good legislation.

Never suggested that in any way shape or form.

If all you wanted to do was criticize the legislation, why did you choose my post, which was ONLY about TM's lies, to do it?

If all you wanted to do was criticize the legislation, why did you choose my post, which was ONLY about TM's lies, to do it?

Because you were deceitful and partisan as usual. There is no need for that.

You could point out where you disagree with TM.

Exactly where was I deceitful? Be specific now.

I did. It said "burden the republicans saddled them with" when it was CLEARLY a bi-partisan bill. I pointed that out with facts on the vote and sponsorship of the bill.

Exactly where was I deceitful? Be specific now.

I did. It said "burden the republicans saddled them with" when it was CLEARLY a bi-partisan bill. I pointed that out with facts on the vote and sponsorship of the bill.

You need to be specific with the "burden" You cannot pass an affirmation off to the other side. I will not do your work. Be specific now, so I can do the same.

Forum List

Back