Posting Something Mean About Muslims on Social Media Might Be...Criminal..

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
The Obama fluffers can't deny it now. They are officially nothing but a gang of fascist thugs.

US Attorney Bill Killian: Posting Something Mean About Muslims on Social Media Might Be...Criminal..
Breitbart ^ | 31 May 2013 | ACE OF SPADES

Posted on Friday, May 31, 2013 2:21:54 PM by barmag25

The First Amendment served us well for a time, but now it's outdated. Remember reading that England had arrested a guy for anti-Muslim Twitter postings in the aftermath of the Woolrich slaughter? And remember thinking, "Well, this is America, that can't happen here"?

Oh yes it can. Obama's Attorney for the Eastern district of Tennessee wants you to know that if you say something untoward about Muslims, the Federal government may imprison you.

Killian and Moore will provide input on how civil rights can be violated by those who post inflammatory documents targeted at Muslims on social media. “This is an educational effort with civil rights laws as they play into freedom of religion and exercising freedom of religion,” Killian told The News Monday. “This is also to inform the public what federal laws are in effect and what the consequences are.” ... Killian said Internet postings that violate civil rights are subject to federal jurisdiction.​

(Excerpt) Read more at www.breitbart.com

Last edited:
They will deny it all the way.

These mindless bed wetters could be rounded up Auschwitz style, they'll blame Bush all the way to the gas chamber, and ask to shake hands with the moonbat messiah as they look up and watch him pour the Zyklon-B.

We're not dealing with sane, rational, or even remotely intelligent people here.

I agree with Gravity. There are laws on the books already for calling people names, personal attacks, calling Muslims by the head wear they put on, all of that. If someone wants to sue the laws are already there. I don't get the making of a law that is already there.. something doesn't sound right.

As to Holder taking away 2nd amendment rights. I'm not buying it. If I see it on FOX NEWS I will hear what they have to say but for now? I don't believe it. Not possible.

Another thing, Gravity. When people are slinging foul names, muslim jokes, etc? That is detracting from their credibility to write anything concerning Islam and terrorism in ME or over here. It does. There isn't any need to be rude. I have had occasions where people will even try to pull you into that using the F word or whatever but I just don't go there. Never do. It isn't necessary. - Jeri

They're a CVG™ (Certified Victim Group), don't you guys know that?

I'll continue to post the truth and waive my first amendment right in your face.

Killian referred to a Facebook posting made by Coffee County Commissioner Barry West that showed a picture of a man pointing a double-barreled shotgun at a camera lens with the caption saying, “How to Wink at a Muslim.”

Tullahoma News - Motlow, George Dickel, Manchester, Bonnaroo, Coffee County, Winchester, Monteagle, Tims Ford, Beechcraft, Lynchburg, Exchange, A.E.D.C.

if the purpose of a communication is to incite violence, it is not constitutionally protected. You can look up Brandenburg v. Ohio and RAV v. St. Paul for yourselves.

Freedom of speech is ok but not when you insult Muslims.
Is it still okay to insult Jews and Christians?

No, of course it isn't. The law isn't written to be exclusive to Muslims but to anyone who feels they were libeled on a political forum - usually requires monetary damages I believe, I'm not sure. If it were only for Muslims that would be Sharia. No question about it.

Killian referred to a Facebook posting made by Coffee County Commissioner Barry West that showed a picture of a man pointing a double-barreled shotgun at a camera lens with the caption saying, “How to Wink at a Muslim.”

Tullahoma News - Motlow, George Dickel, Manchester, Bonnaroo, Coffee County, Winchester, Monteagle, Tims Ford, Beechcraft, Lynchburg, Exchange, A.E.D.C.

if the purpose of a communication is to incite violence, it is not constitutionally protected. You can look up Brandenburg v. Ohio and RAV v. St. Paul for yourselves.

Well hello!! That is incitement to murder! Of course he was arrested. It would have been the same for a Jew or a Christian I'm sure.

Well hello!! That is incitement to murder! Of course he was arrested. It would have been the same for a Jew or a Christian I'm sure.

yes. But the pt is there is nothing to actually support the RW outrage of the thread. Further, if you follow the link to the origianal story - which the RW media cites including the one in the first post - spun, you'll find the DOJ is attempting to clear up any confusion of american muslims on the role of religion and govt in American society. We've avoided much of the EU domestic terror problem. Bushii actually was pretty proactive too in making clear that america has not hatred of Islam and we will protect the rights of american muslims even if its unpopular.

Freedom of speech is ok but not when you insult Muslims.

No, of course it isn't. The law isn't written to be exclusive to Muslims but to anyone who feels they were libeled on a political forum - usually requires monetary damages I believe, I'm not sure. If it were only for Muslims that would be Sharia. No question about it.

Insulting a Muslim isn't libel. You have to make a claim that is derogatory and that isn't true. Simply saying stuff like "Muslims suck" or "Muslims are stupid" isn't libel.

yes. But the pt is there is nothing to actually support the RW outrage of the thread. Further, if you follow the link to the origianal story - which the RW media cites including the one in the first post - spun, you'll find the DOJ is attempting to clear up any confusion of american muslims on the role of religion and govt in American society. We've avoided much of the EU domestic terror problem. Bushii actually was pretty proactive too in making clear that america has not hatred of Islam and we will protect the rights of american muslims even if its unpopular.

Muslims have no right not to be offended.

While it certainly toes the line, I'm not sure it qualifies as "incitement to murder." If I made a pic that showed someone pointing a gun at someone's head with a caption that says "here's how you kill a Republican," would that be incitement to murder? I don't think so. You would have to say something like "here's how we solve the unemployment problem."

Insulting a Muslim isn't libel. You have to make a claim that is derogatory and that isn't true. Simply saying stuff like "Muslims suck" or "Muslims are stupid" isn't libel.

Excuse me, I said laws on the books! Hello, Bripat! These laws are already on the books. You cannot be arrested for stating your opinion or feelings of a person or a group as that is against freedom of speech in the United States. It still is last time I checked!

STILL. While we are on this subject do you think it helps your arguement to make statements such as those while discussing Islam terrorist organizations infiltrating USA or would it be better to state the case as clearly and concisely as possible sans the insults and submitting that for a read. What say you? Which way is more effective? Because if not using the insults is more effective then I would have to question why not be more effective? Where is the payoff in losing your audience? Agreed? - Jeri

Does this qualify as social media?

Here we go: There are only two types of muslims; terrorists, and terrorists who haven't gotten their marching orders yet.

Excuse me, I said laws on the books! Hello, Bripat! These laws are already on the books. You cannot be arrested for stating your opinion or feelings of a person or a group as that is against freedom of speech in the United States. It still is last time I checked!

What was the point of the attorney's statement if he's just going to enforce laws against libel and slander?

STILL. While we are on this subject do you think it helps your arguement to make statements such as those while discussing Islam terrorist organizations infiltrating USA or would it be better to state the case as clearly and concisely as possible sans the insults and submitting that for a read. What say you? Which way is more effective? Because if not using the insults is more effective then I would have to question why not be more effective? Where is the payoff in losing your audience? Agreed? - Jeri

I'm not going to condone government tyranny because knuckling under would make me "more effective." Tyranny is tyranny. It has to be opposed wherever it rears its ugly head.

Forum List

Back