POTUS Shield: Trump’s Dominionist Prayer Warriors and the ‘Prophetic Order of the United States’

[QUOTE="MisterBeale, post: 18776483, member: 39702" ]Let's say all of this is true.Let's say they change the culture, like the secularists, progressives and the left have been changing the culture for the past forty years, then what?This article doesn't really give any concrete reasons why this is a "threat" to the nation.In fact, social cohesion in society has done nothing but degenerated over the past few decades with nothing but increasing acrimony between all different identity groups.Please provide some concrete examples of how this would harm society and the nation, AS A WHOLE, on balance.This article just makes that tacit assumption, this is something you just can't do. You need to provide harm.
`
`

Once again, we have what appears to be a reading problem here. The article is basically a nuts and bolts research on Trump and the religious right. Anyone reading the article, should be able to pull that out real fast. It connects all or most of the dots. That passed you by.

The second problem is that I gave my opinion on the article. Opinions are not facts, those are contained in the article. You may not agree with my opinion and that's fine but is NOT the purpose the article was posted. Some people just don't understand how the dynamics forums work. I'm not here to discuss your disagreement, I'm here to see what others have to say about the article. You are of course free to post a new topic about things you want to discuss.In the future, try sticking to the topic without changing it.
The problem is Trump is a liberal. He doesn't go around banging his Bible and reciting scriptures.
You hate him, so anything bad you read about him seems genuine.
What you are doing is creating a caricature of what he is, not the real Donald Trump.
If you even cared to know what he was really like it's harder to hate him.....so you guys just believe all of the worst lies about him that the media produces. Blind hatred has a tendency to remove objectivity.
I graduated from H.S.
Went on an LDS church mission
Graduated from College
Farmed my whole life
Play golf most of the time now
Helped a lady receive church funds this week to pay her power bill
And this gal labels me as the number one problem in America
my goodness
Well, we all know that Mitt Romney was EVIL!!!!!

The problem is Trump is a liberal. He doesn't go around banging his Bible and reciting scriptures.
What you are doing is creating a caricature of what he is, not the real Donald Trump.
If you even cared to know what he was really like it's harder to hate him.....so you guys just believe all of the worst lies about him that the media produces. Blind hatred has a tendency to remove objectivity.
`
`

Try sticking to the topic. First READ the article first then comment on it. It's so simple a child can do it. I know you are eager to derail this thread with your non-topic opinions because you don't like it and it does involve reading, but at least try to. I can give you some hints on how to this. Just ask.

I graduated from H.S.Went on an LDS church mission Graduated from College Farmed my whole life Play golf most of the time now Helped a lady receive church funds this week to pay her power bill And this gal labels me as the number one problem in Americamy goodness
`
The article isn't about you, I'm sorry you didn't read it enough to make that clear. What part of the article do you disagree with and why.

`
`

Try sticking to the topic. First READ the article first then comment on it. It's so simple a child can do it. I know you are eager to derail this thread with your non-topic opinions because you don't like it and it does involve reading, but at least try to. I can give you some hints on how to this. Just ask.
Sorry, but I wasn't taught to simply take everything I read totally at face value.
It helps to put anything you read in context by applying what you learned before to it.They used to call this having well rounded and unbiased beliefs. It's called objectivity. Of course having that attitude doesn't work for what you're trying to do.

Trump isn't a televangelist.
You want everyone to think he has something to do with these idiots.
Fact is, he doesn't know shit about them much less waste his time thinking about what they have to say.
This amounts to comparing Trump to Hitler or Pol Pot. Two despicable murderers.
If you can successfully compare these people to Trump maybe you can make him look likes one of them.
They did the same exact thing with Nazis.
Now it's "TRUMP IS A NAZI!!!!"

I know spelling out the facts derails your overt attempts to trash Trump with his hogwash, but tough shit.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I wasn't taught to simply take everything I read totally at face value.
It helps to put anything you read in context by applying what you learned before to it.They used to call this having well rounded and unbiased beliefs. Of course having that attitude doesn't work for what you're trying to do.Trump isn't a televangelist.
Fact is, he doesn't know shit about them much less waste his time thinking about what they have to say.
If you can successfully compare these people to Trump maybe you can make him look likes one of them.
I know spelling out the facts derails your overt attempts to trash Trump with his hogwash, but tough shit.
`
....and he comes back AGAIN with the same stuff. Obsession anyone? Please remain ON TOPIC. What part of the article set you off?

I graduated from H.S.Went on an LDS church mission Graduated from College Farmed my whole life Play golf most of the time now Helped a lady receive church funds this week to pay her power bill And this gal labels me as the number one problem in Americamy goodness
`
The article isn't about you, I'm sorry you didn't read it enough to make that clear. What part of the article do you disagree with and why.
LOL
"I'm sorry you didn't read it enough to make it clear."

When "you" said us RW Christians are the number uno problem I didn't take a low self image and defended myself.

Now you're trying to hop your problem over onto me.
Great use of the reversal I might add.

[QUOTE="MisterBeale, post: 18776483, member: 39702" ]Let's say all of this is true.Let's say they change the culture, like the secularists, progressives and the left have been changing the culture for the past forty years, then what?This article doesn't really give any concrete reasons why this is a "threat" to the nation.In fact, social cohesion in society has done nothing but degenerated over the past few decades with nothing but increasing acrimony between all different identity groups.Please provide some concrete examples of how this would harm society and the nation, AS A WHOLE, on balance.This article just makes that tacit assumption, this is something you just can't do. You need to provide harm.
`
`

Once again, we have what appears to be a reading problem here. The article is basically a nuts and bolts research on Trump and the religious right. Anyone reading the article, should be able to pull that out real fast. It connects all or most of the dots. That passed you by.

The second problem is that I gave my opinion on the article. Opinions are not facts, those are contained in the article. You may not agree with my opinion and that's fine but is NOT the purpose the article was posted. Some people just don't understand how the dynamics forums work. I'm not here to discuss your disagreement, I'm here to see what others have to say about the article. You are of course free to post a new topic about things you want to discuss.In the future, try sticking to the topic without changing it.
I graduated from H.S.
Went on an LDS church mission
Graduated from College
Farmed my whole life
Play golf most of the time now
Helped a lady receive church funds this week to pay her power bill
And this gal labels me as the number one problem in America
my goodness
Well, we all know that Mitt Romney was EVIL!!!!!
I'm not much of a Mitt fan.
But then I don't like Donny and Marie either.
That marie looks like a spoiled brat

LOL "I'm sorry you didn't read it enough to make it clear." When "you" said us RW Christians are the number uno problem I didn't take a low self image and defended myself.Now you're trying to hop your problem over onto me.Great use of the reversal I might add.
`
What part of the article rustled your jimmies? I didn't catch that. Please be precise.

Trump didn't run as a right wing or a conservative just as a rebel.

Trump is whatever you want him to be. He can fake anything.
Since you proclaim yourself as this super scriptorian around here mind telling us who was on the throne when the Apostle Paul said this: Romans 13:1-7

Probably Vespasian or Titus. According to the scriptures, Nero.
It was Nero
And he blamed everything on the Christians like WP has

LOL "I'm sorry you didn't read it enough to make it clear." When "you" said us RW Christians are the number uno problem I didn't take a low self image and defended myself.Now you're trying to hop your problem over onto me.Great use of the reversal I might add.
`
What part of the article rustled your jimmies? I didn't catch that. Please be precise.
`
You are aware that evil in the Bible was often meant to be interpreted as "envious?"
No wonder you leftist think he's "evil"

It helps to put anything you read in context by applying what you learned before to it.They used to call this having well rounded and unbiased beliefs. Of course having that attitude doesn't work for what you're trying to do.Trump isn't a televangelist.
`
....and he comes back AGAIN with the same stuff. Obsession anyone? Please remain ON TOPIC. What part of the article set you off?
Sorry if my posts are too complex for you to grasp.
You can start a thread, but you don't have the right to dictate what the responses are.

[You are aware that evil in the Bible was often meant to be interpreted as "envious?"No wonder you leftist think he's "evil"
`
And this has what to do with the article? Nothing like that was mentioned. I think you are posting in the wrong forum.

Sorry if my posts are too complex for you to grasp. You can start a thread, but you don't have the right to dictate what the responses are.
`
Are you trying to say you disagree with the articles summation? To wit;
`
`

"For many Religious Right leaders, support for Trump is transactional: Trump promised them the Supreme Court, attacks on legal abortion and Planned Parenthood, and legal changes to make conservative Christians more politically powerful. But POTUS Shield members believe that something even greater than the Supreme Court is at stake: the future of the church and the reign of God on earth. They give Trump assurance that he’s on a divine path, and they give their followers a sense of playing an important role on the world stage, warring with the devil to take political and culture power away from liberals and secularists and establish the kingdom of God in the United States and around the world."

`
POTUS Shield’s leaders view politics as spiritual warfare, part of a great struggle between good and evil that is taking place continuously in “the heavenlies” and here on earth, where the righteous contend with demonic spirits that control people, institutions and geographic regions. They believe that Trump’s election has given the church in America an opportunity to spark a spiritual Great Awakening that will engulf the nation and world. And they believe that a triumphant church establishing the kingdom of God on earth will set the stage for Christ’s return. Amedia says that the “POTUS” in the group’s name does not refer only to the president of the United States, but also to a new “prophetic order of the United States” that God is establishing.

Conservative Christian leaders are nursing a more-than-half-century grudge against the federal courts for rulings on school desegregation, separation of church and state, abortion, equality for LGBT people and more. Amedia has spoken repeatedly about a vision God gave him of a giant broom sweeping up and down the Supreme Court building. God, he said, is going to sweep the entire federal court system of unrighteous judges and “change the laws of the land.”
- Source
`
`

The religious right in the US (evangelicals, fundamentalists, baptists, charismatics, pentecostals) made a Faustian Bargain (a deal with the devil) to put their man trump in as president. However evil the acts of trump are, they perceive their god will forgive them because he will bring about a greater good, at least the way they see that way from their interpretation of the bible.

As I see, the religious right is the number threat to America, as is pointed out in the article.

One the common themes with the Democratic Party and the Nazi Party is the use of religious bigotry as a political tool.

Trump didn't run as a right wing or a conservative just as a rebel.

Trump is whatever you want him to be. He can fake anything.
Since you proclaim yourself as this super scriptorian around here mind telling us who was on the throne when the Apostle Paul said this: Romans 13:1-7

Probably Vespasian or Titus. According to the scriptures, Nero.
It was Nero
And he blamed everything on the Christians like WP has

It was Nero according to the scriptures, the Nt probably was not penned till after the temple was destroyed, and I believe Paul was Josephus.

The article is not about "normal" Christians, its about abnormal ones, the fake ultra conservative ones who want segregation , that is mainly what they want, also take away all civil rights except for conservative Christians ones. I think even as a Mormon you would like that.
I have people coming to my door now, telling me how I'm going to hell, Baptist and JW, but the Mormon boys (teens) that come seem very nice, but I'm sure there are zealot Mormons and you probably are one of them.

Last edited:
Sorry if my posts are too complex for you to grasp. You can start a thread, but you don't have the right to dictate what the responses are.
`
Are you trying to say you disagree with the articles summation? To wit;
`
`

"For many Religious Right leaders, support for Trump is transactional: Trump promised them the Supreme Court, attacks on legal abortion and Planned Parenthood, and legal changes to make conservative Christians more politically powerful. But POTUS Shield members believe that something even greater than the Supreme Court is at stake: the future of the church and the reign of God on earth. They give Trump assurance that he’s on a divine path, and they give their followers a sense of playing an important role on the world stage, warring with the devil to take political and culture power away from liberals and secularists and establish the kingdom of God in the United States and around the world."
This is putting words in Trump's mouth.

To wit: "Trump promised them the Supreme Court, attacks on legal abortion and Planned Parenthood, and legal changes to make conservative Christians more politically powerful."

This assumes that Trump actually said this. He did not.

Trump simply promised all Americans that he wouldn't pack the courts with activist judges, as Obama has, and that he would stop taxpayers from having to pay for abortions.
You can't seem to understand that some of us resent being forced to pay for the murders of millions of the most helpless among us.

`
POTUS Shield’s leaders view politics as spiritual warfare, part of a great struggle between good and evil that is taking place continuously in “the heavenlies” and here on earth, where the righteous contend with demonic spirits that control people, institutions and geographic regions. They believe that Trump’s election has given the church in America an opportunity to spark a spiritual Great Awakening that will engulf the nation and world. And they believe that a triumphant church establishing the kingdom of God on earth will set the stage for Christ’s return. Amedia says that the “POTUS” in the group’s name does not refer only to the president of the United States, but also to a new “prophetic order of the United States” that God is establishing.

Conservative Christian leaders are nursing a more-than-half-century grudge against the federal courts for rulings on school desegregation, separation of church and state, abortion, equality for LGBT people and more. Amedia has spoken repeatedly about a vision God gave him of a giant broom sweeping up and down the Supreme Court building. God, he said, is going to sweep the entire federal court system of unrighteous judges and “change the laws of the land.”
- Source
`
`

The religious right in the US (evangelicals, fundamentalists, baptists, charismatics, pentecostals) made a Faustian Bargain (a deal with the devil) to put their man trump in as president. However evil the acts of trump are, they perceive their god will forgive them because he will bring about a greater good, at least the way they see that way from their interpretation of the bible.

As I see, the religious right is the number threat to America, as is pointed out in the article.
Here's a prime example of the current mindset of the left:

DQiZ_vnVQAAGV1O.jpg

Obviously Mudwhistle you do and did not listen to the trumps rallies and talks much. Most of his votes came due to the Supreme Court picks he could make, and his attack on PP and abortions (which he did a 180 on).

Funny not one protestant on the supreme court as of yet. Also Dems will take the maj of the house or senate come 2018 and that will put an end to that. Happy Holidays.

Forum List

Back