Powell: Voter ID laws are going to "backfire"

This prediction from a top Republican no less.

Powell: Voter ID laws are going to "backfire" - CBS News Video

Gen. Colin Powell says voter ID laws that make it harder for minorities to vote will "backfire," because "these people are going to come out and do what they have to do in order to vote."

A "top Republican" who voted for Obama, twice.

:eusa_whistle:

So how is it a backfire, when you require people to have id to vote, for people to go out and get that idea to vote? IMO, that's a good thing, not a bad thing. I encourage it. Besides, I can't think of anyone who doesn't have ID, even my autistic son who can't talk has ID.

Powell is a Republican, a registered Republican and a top Republican no less. Now, to you r-wing extremist dittoheads... Powell is the enemy, a black man with power and a conservative to boot! My, how that must suck to you tea-baggers

Ignoramus, there's a difference between "top Republican" and "famous Republican". Name recognition and a voter registration card does not make you a leader of the party . . . at least, not the Republican Party.

And seriously, WHAT is your freaking obsession with people's race? Was your mother scared by a black man while she was pregnant, or what? Get over it and join us conservatives in the post-racial new millennium where . . . Ooh! This just in! Black people are human beings, and allowed to be wrong just like everyone else!

I see... "top Republican" and "famous Republican". Thanks for being politically-correct for me. Now, as for my "freaking obsession with people's race"
as you put it, I am usually addressing r-wing extremists/racists when they bring up race/hatred for President Obama. It is the haters I usually have a quarrel with. If the shoe fits, fine, if not don't worry about it.

Jesus H. Christ, do you even SPEAK English? As far as I can tell, you just mimic word sounds with no frigging clue what they mean, or that they HAVE meanings.

There is nothing "politically correct" about being precise and accurate in your word choices, dipshit. It's called "being articulate", and is a function of having an education. Try it sometime. There is no attempt to avoid offending sensibilities through the use of euphemisms here, fuckstick. There is a very really difference between a "top Republican" and a "famous Republican", although I can see where halfwitted dribbling worshippers of the Cult of Personality like you might have trouble understanding that being famous does NOT make someone a leader of the Republican Party.

Furthermore, as for your blatant and pathological racism, you are NOT "usually addressing right-wing extremists/racists" (and by the way, if you're too pitiful and lazy to spell out "right wing", don't fucking say it, loser). You are ALWAYS, at least on this board, addressing right-wingers whom you ASSUME to be extremists and racists simply because the two functioning brain cells you have left are too far away from each other in your empty skull to be able to interact, and so you just believe whatever your leftist hero du jour tells you, and they have all told you that anyone to their political right is, by definition, extreme and bigoted.

The truth of the matter is that being right-wing does not make you a racist. Spending all your time defining every debate you hear and attempt to participate in by race and telling other people that they hate minorities for not treating them like fragile flowers makes you a racist. The day you stop seeing a person's skin color and start listening to their ideas, you can talk to me racism in America. As long as you think it's possible for someone to be a good choice for President because "it's time America elected a black man/woman/whatever", you need to shut the fuck up and listen, because you have nothing to say to me and everything to learn from me.

Powell is a Republican.

Not anymore.

As much as r-wing extremists hate it, Colin Powell is a much respected member of the GOP Party. The GOP would nominate and run Powell as their presidential candidate at the drop of a hat if Powell agreed to that.

As much as the leftist dipshits hate it, Colin Powell is respected as a person. He is NOT respected as a member of the Republican Party, except by people who aren't members of the Republican Party who want a point to attack with.

I assure you, Colin Powell at this moment has no chance of gaining the Republican nomination for President, because he's spent too much time since holding office opening his piehole.

Gen. Colin Powell says voter ID laws that make it harder for minorities to vote will "backfire," because "these people are going to come out and do what they have to do in order to vote."

True.

And despite what republicans might believe, these voters aren’t stupid, they know and will remember who attempted to deny them their right to vote.

What're they going to do about it? If you leftists are correct, they're all too feeble and helpless to become legal voters, so who gives a shit WHAT they remember?

And if they do manage to get ID and vote legally, they will have proven you and Colin Powell wrong, now won't they?

The whole point of voter ID is to get legitimate voters to come out and do what they have to do in order to vote. I do think people will prove that it's not that difficult to do, which is the exact opposite of what those against voter ID are claiming.

I have said all along that it's bull that minorities have difficulty in obtaining an ID and did not consider it a legitimate argument against the voter ID law. It's the left who says it can't be done and it took a Republican to point out that it can be. It's a shame that the left has made false claims that the law is designed to prevent minorities from voting. It's bullshit because minorities are not as helpless as the left claims they are. Only illegals and cheaters will be stopped from voting and that's the way it should be.

[...]
Not only do I fully agree with you I believe every American citizen should be required to have a foolproof biometric (scannable) photo ID card with digital fingerprint code. Such a requirement would eliminate illegal immigration within six months, causing the vast majority of present illegals to be unemployable and to voluntarily return to their homelands to avoid inevitable discovery and arrest.

Last edited:
This prediction from a top Republican no less.

Powell: Voter ID laws are going to "backfire" - CBS News Video

A top republican that voted for Obama by the way. Powell finally figured out the republican party. About time but better late than never.

So a "top Republican" is the kind that votes for Democrats.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Forum List

Back