Power Grid on Rapid Decline

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
About 6 years ago when we lived in San Diego County the power went out for over 12 hours for the entire county - the size of Connecticut.

Reason?

The excuse given was someone flipped a wrong switch.

Even if you believe that there’s plenty of room for terrorists to work.

Combine that with several cases of power grid stations being shot up with AK-47’s from locations intentionally out of security camera views, I think the Chinese are well prepped.

But let’s all get EV’s!
1644800764439.jpeg

N.E. has some of this country's oldest infrastructure , our nuke plant's being decommissioned , Hyrdo Quebec is buying up all the small poco's.......~S~

Amazing, that you think the infrastructure doesn’t include Gasoline and Diesel. You do know that Gasoline is mainly pumped by pipelines. How fragile do you think those are? And do you realize how susceptible they are to any attack?

Oil is also sent by pipeline, and tanker car on railroads. But those are totally immune to Terrorists Attack.

Oil Refineries are finite, and precisely located.

The day after 9-11, when I was able to take some time to think, I realized that the Terrorists, were idiots. I’m going to tell you what I considered.

Instead of striking the Twin Towers, the symbol of the enemy. They could have flown those two planes into the Hoover Dam. That much weight, traveling fast, would certainly have caused catastrophic damage to the dam. Not only would the Western States lose the electricity, but flooding down river would have killed many thousands. And wiped out far more money than the attack on the towers did.

Instead of attacking the Pentagon, the fools should have attacked Fuel City outside Houston Texas. That refinery is responsible for about 268,000 barrels a day being refined. That would have caused a significant reduction in available petroleum products. Attacking other refineries too would have severely impacted the economy, and our response.

But again, the Terrorists were idiots. They were attacking symbols.

They were not attacking the nation, hoping to cripple us, they wanted to strike a blow for whatever idiotic cause they were dedicated to. They were fools, and like fools, they ignored the real targets.

You are foolish too. Acting like an electric car is stupid because the Electric systems are vulnerable and honestly, in need of repair is just idiotic. Because every other system is equally vulnerable. With Solar Panels, you can provide some of your electrical need. With a generator, you can for a time, as long as you have gas, provide electricity. If the gas goes away, because of an attack on that sector, what can you do? Can you make your own gas? Can you store enough to make it through the difficulties?

Nope. You can’t. Even driving a smart car, or a hybrid would have you looking in nooks and crannies hoping for a few drops of the petroleum distillate you wanted.

But you hate electric cars. So you want to show people how stupid you think they are to get them.

About 6 years ago when we lived in San Diego County the power went out for over 12 hours for the entire county - the size of Connecticut.

Reason?

The excuse given was someone flipped a wrong switch.

Even if you believe that there’s plenty of room for terrorists to work.

Combine that with several cases of power grid stations being shot up with AK-47’s from locations intentionally out of security camera views, I think the Chinese are well prepped.

But let’s all get EV’s!
View attachment 601126
Eithout reading another word. Let me guess. It's thise bloody democrats again.
I'll talk to Joe tomorrow. Let me fix it for you.

Amazing, that you think the infrastructure doesn’t include Gasoline and Diesel. You do know that Gasoline is mainly pumped by pipelines. How fragile do you think those are? And do you realize how susceptible they are to any attack?

Oil is also sent by pipeline, and tanker car on railroads. But those are totally immune to Terrorists Attack.

Oil Refineries are finite, and precisely located.

The day after 9-11, when I was able to take some time to think, I realized that the Terrorists, were idiots. I’m going to tell you what I considered.

Instead of striking the Twin Towers, the symbol of the enemy. They could have flown those two planes into the Hoover Dam. That much weight, traveling fast, would certainly have caused catastrophic damage to the dam. Not only would the Western States lose the electricity, but flooding down river would have killed many thousands. And wiped out far more money than the attack on the towers did.

Instead of attacking the Pentagon, the fools should have attacked Fuel City outside Houston Texas. That refinery is responsible for about 268,000 barrels a day being refined. That would have caused a significant reduction in available petroleum products. Attacking other refineries too would have severely impacted the economy, and our response.

But again, the Terrorists were idiots. They were attacking symbols.

They were not attacking the nation, hoping to cripple us, they wanted to strike a blow for whatever idiotic cause they were dedicated to. They were fools, and like fools, they ignored the real targets.

You are foolish too. Acting like an electric car is stupid because the Electric systems are vulnerable and honestly, in need of repair is just idiotic. Because every other system is equally vulnerable. With Solar Panels, you can provide some of your electrical need. With a generator, you can for a time, as long as you have gas, provide electricity. If the gas goes away, because of an attack on that sector, what can you do? Can you make your own gas? Can you store enough to make it through the difficulties?

Nope. You can’t. Even driving a smart car, or a hybrid would have you looking in nooks and crannies hoping for a few drops of the petroleum distillate you wanted.

But you hate electric cars. So you want to show people how stupid you think they are to get them.
I have a relative you purchased an electric car. After a while there are issues with the batteries. No issue with evolution of personal transportation. It is costs for that convenience. Progs take credit for everything. In the lat year ortwo there has been improvements in batteries for this movement. I guarantee you Progs will take credit for it if they get any piece of their green energy agendas. They will take credit for pushing double windows, extra insulation and higher efficiency A/C/Heating units which could be done without their soapbox crap.

Not to worry. Liberals have solution to our grid problems, electric cars. Not entirely sure how this miracle works, but they are all pushing for electric cars.
I realize that you have your tongue in your cheek, but electric cars are to cut down on co2 emissions.

I agree with you that our electric grids are going to have to be massively ramped up to handle the near future buyers of electric vehicles. Once people found out that EVs can be faster than Nitro dragsters, the cat looks back at the bag.

Forum List

Back