Power Plant Closures

So NO, you will not give us a credible source for your numbers, we are supposed to trust you? lol

Is this supposed to be in the US? World wide? What time frame (WHEN)? AND you claimed NO PAY OFFS? lol
You support Solar, why, you don't even know the cost.

I say over 500 billion, one project cost 2.1 billion. Ivanpah.

There are over 700 projects just in the usa.

On top of that if we include residential there are over 500,000,000 million projects.

797 commercial projects, one which cost 2.1 billion.

your figure thus far, 0.

I think I am a bit closer to the truth.

The cost is so extreme nobody will admit the cost, all they can do is attack the messenger

So you keep throwing out garbage WITHOUT providing a CREDIBLE source. Got it. Yes, world wide there were about $400 billion spent

YOU posited THIS however

"Over 500 billion dollars spent on renewable green energy in two years. Zero in return."

lol

Yes, ALL you have is BULLSHIT

NEXT
400 billion, bullshit, you did not provide a credible source.

One project alone accounts for 2.1 billion $

I stated 500$ billion, now you claim a 100$ billion less? Yet my post was wrong?

You have not included the research and development, how come?

YOUR posit was in the US it was $500 billion over 2 years, at least implying that, AND it gave 'Zero in return'

NOW you want me to give you my sourcing AFTER you said we spent $500 billion in 2 years with "Zero in return'? lol

Weird you are not honest. Oh right, you are a conservative

Next the far left will ignore that they got rich off these fail ventures that made the American workers suffer so the far left white rich elite could get richer.

False premises, distortions and LIES from you, shocking

Third World countries. One of the things they all had in common was a small, very rich elite, small middle class, and a large lower class. They also shared very low economic growth as a result. This has been known for at least 50 years. The US has been going in this direction for at least the last 30 years as we have gradually de-industrialized and government policies (such as trickle down economics) have promoted the shift of wealth from the lower and middle classes to the economic elite

Neo-Liberalism/Conservatives is/has destroyed the American Economy in favor of the so called "Job Creator"... In reality are "Job Exporters"...

Okay, I am wrong, how much was spent, I mean you are saying I am wrong and you can only know I am wrong if you know the correct answer, so go ahead and just tell us how much was spent.

YOU made the posit, you pulled it out of your ass, why should I need to prove anything?
Oh, sorry, I was simply treating you like you knew what you are talking about.

It is clear to all of us, that you tried to find the cost of solar, and could not.

The total cost of Solar is never published.

Those who support Solar can not state the cost nor admit the cost.

Over 500$ billion in two years spent on green energy. One solar plant alone cost 2.1 billion, Ivanpah, that is the easy number on one solar project, likely it cost twice as much if we could account for all the costs and subsidies.

1 solar project, over 2 billion dollars, and there are hundreds of solar power projects.

So you think I am wrong, based on what, your imagination. You obviously have yet to produce one number.

Ivanpah, 2.1 billion, that is one solar project.

There are 100's

So NO, you will not give us a credible source for your numbers, we are supposed to trust you? lol

Is this supposed to be in the US? World wide? What time frame (WHEN)? AND you claimed NO PAY OFFS? lol

On top of that if we include residential there are over 500,000,000 million projects.

your figure thus far, 0.

The cost is so extreme nobody will admit the cost, all they can do is attack the messenger

China is the world leader in clean energy investment , with $54 billion in investments in renewables in 2013, well above total U.S. investment of $36.7 billion.

U.S. Lags Behind China in Renewables Investments Climate Central
I never mentioned China and Solar? Oh, you think that we only invested 36.7$ billion, my statement still stands, go read the original post and get back to me.

China does not give a hoot about Solar, China invests in Nuclear Power, over 20 reactors under construction as we speak, they also built the Heavy Industry to make the actual Reactor, a incredible feet.

Solar is pure stupidity that has failed the world, as Spain and Germany have reported.

500$ billion in 2 years with zero return.

Close all those planet-killing coal plants.

Another jewel of stunning idiocy from Lakhota.

Liekhota means only US coal stations, meanwhile China is building one a week. People like Liekhota will only be happy when the US is dragged down to third world level.

ONE policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of US history on? lol

No, what you mean is one policy that the left agrees with. If the country was doing really well or something this president has done turned out really well then the left wing would have something to be smug about. But considering that nothing is going well in the country, unless someone thinks spending a whole lot more money providing health care is good, then the left should be ashamed not smug.

Weird, conservatives fought EVERYTHING that created the middle class, labor laws, union rights, SS, etc. It then went onto being on the wrong side of EVERYTHING that followed, be it womans rights, civil rights, environmental laws like clean air and water, etc

Of course they are first to want to go to war or cut taxes for those that don't need it too!

Nothing going well? You mean after 30+ years of 'trickle down' and conservatives going to the FARRRR right of Nixon, things aren't working the way conservatives said they would? Shocking

80% of the population owns 5% of the wealth.

Who Rules America Wealth Income and Power

The middle class has been eviscerated.

Neo-Liberalism/Conservatives is/has destroyed the American Economy in favor of the so called "Job Creator"... In reality are "Job Exporters"...

Third World countries. One of the things they all had in common was a small, very rich elite, small middle class, and a large lower class. They also shared very low economic growth as a result. This has been known for at least 50 years. The US has been going in this direction for at least the last 30 years as we have gradually de-industrialized and government policies (such as trickle down economics) have promoted the shift of wealth from the lower and middle classes to the economic elite

WE will something other than a treatise from a Liberal Prof with a completely leftward bent.

Close all those planet-killing coal plants.

Liekhota means only US coal stations, meanwhile China is building one a week. People like Liekhota will only be happy when the US is dragged down to third world level.

ONE policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of US history on? lol

No, what you mean is one policy that the left agrees with. If the country was doing really well or something this president has done turned out really well then the left wing would have something to be smug about. But considering that nothing is going well in the country, unless someone thinks spending a whole lot more money providing health care is good, then the left should be ashamed not smug.
Weird, conservatives fought EVERYTHING that created the middle class, labor laws, union rights, SS, etc. It then went onto being on the wrong side of EVERYTHING that followed, be it womans rights, civil rights, environmental laws like clean air and water, etc

Of course they are first to want to go to war or cut taxes for those that don't need it too!

Nothing going well? You mean after 30+ years of 'trickle down' and conservatives going to the FARRRR right of Nixon, things aren't working the way conservatives said they would? Shocking

The, "middle class", was not created by labor laws, unions and social security

I see, know that you are a simpleton.

Last edited:

WE will something other than a treatise from a Liberal Prof with a completely leftward bent.
who is the liberal prof?

your figure thus far, 0.

So you keep throwing out garbage WITHOUT providing a CREDIBLE source. Got it. Yes, world wide there were about $400 billion spent

YOU posited THIS however

"Over 500 billion dollars spent on renewable green energy in two years. Zero in return."

lol

NEXT

I stated 500$ billion, now you claim a 100$ billion less? Yet my post was wrong?

YOUR posit was in the US it was $500 billion over 2 years, at least implying that, AND it gave 'Zero in return'

NOW you want me to give you my sourcing AFTER you said we spent $500 billion in 2 years with "Zero in return'? lol

Next the far left will ignore that they got rich off these fail ventures that made the American workers suffer so the far left white rich elite could get richer.

"Third World Countries", That is easy to tackle, Dad23 gets his talking points from the number one source of Marxist/Liberal/Democrat talking points, the Howard Zinn classic, The Peoples History of the United States. Yes, call it "History", but what it is, is simple talking points meant to portray the USA as the worst government in history.

People who use Howard Zinn's book is not, "History". It is one-liner talking points, from the Communist/Marxist political activists.

I state the facts, Howard Zinn was a Marxist. Some will read my post, "Communist/Marxist", and think that is redundant, but historically speaking Marxism is the ideology and Communist specifically refers to Russian Communists and all that branched off, like the Communists in third world countries such as Brazil.

One thing all third world countries have in common is they lacked the same education that the United States enjoys.

Another thing Third World Countries share, is a language foreign to English, the bigges tragedy in Mexico's history is clinging to the language of the Spanish Conquerors, thus alienating the peasants from understanding anything in English, which first and foremost means the peasants of Mexico would never easily, get an education, not here in the USA, not in Mexico.

I think of that lost opportunity, to freely speak and learn from United States of America as the tragedy of the 20 Century.

Howard Zinn is a clever man, but I think if more people understood where a tirade such as Dad23 originates, they will see Liberals and the Democrat party as the true, "Red" party.

Okay, I am wrong, how much was spent, I mean you are saying I am wrong and you can only know I am wrong if you know the correct answer, so go ahead and just tell us how much was spent.

YOU made the posit, you pulled it out of your ass, why should I need to prove anything?

It is clear to all of us, that you tried to find the cost of solar, and could not.

Over 500$ billion in two years spent on green energy. One solar plant alone cost 2.1 billion, Ivanpah, that is the easy number on one solar project, likely it cost twice as much if we could account for all the costs and subsidies.

1 solar project, over 2 billion dollars, and there are hundreds of solar power projects.

So you think I am wrong, based on what, your imagination. You obviously have yet to produce one number.

There are 100's

your figure thus far, 0.

China is the world leader in clean energy investment , with $54 billion in investments in renewables in 2013, well above total U.S. investment of $36.7 billion.

China is communist, which makes them stupid, by definition.

You want the US to win the race for most stupid?

The, "middle class", was not created by labor laws, unions and social security

I see, know that you are a simpleton.

Sure, before them the US had a flourishing middle class right? lol

Libertarians are frauds and parasites but unfortunately have been successful in hiding their dangerous disease under war hating, and freedom loving. Sadly their freedom isn't freedom, it is chaos and opens the door to a real loss of democracy.

YOU posited THIS however

lol

NEXT

"Third World Countries", That is easy to tackle, Dad23 gets his talking points from the number one source of Marxist/Liberal/Democrat talking points, the Howard Zinn classic, The Peoples History of the United States. Yes, call it "History", but what it is, is simple talking points meant to portray the USA as the worst government in history.

People who use Howard Zinn's book is not, "History". It is one-liner talking points, from the Communist/Marxist political activists.

I state the facts, Howard Zinn was a Marxist. Some will read my post, "Communist/Marxist", and think that is redundant, but historically speaking Marxism is the ideology and Communist specifically refers to Russian Communists and all that branched off, like the Communists in third world countries such as Brazil.

One thing all third world countries have in common is they lacked the same education that the United States enjoys.

Another thing Third World Countries share, is a language foreign to English, the bigges tragedy in Mexico's history is clinging to the language of the Spanish Conquerors, thus alienating the peasants from understanding anything in English, which first and foremost means the peasants of Mexico would never easily, get an education, not here in the USA, not in Mexico.

I think of that lost opportunity, to freely speak and learn from United States of America as the tragedy of the 20 Century.

Howard Zinn is a clever man, but I think if more people understood where a tirade such as Dad23 originates, they will see Liberals and the Democrat party as the true, "Red" party.

Yeah, it's NOT speaking English that makes them 3rd world nations *shaking head*

Talk about simplistic, lol

The 2 words Democrats need to say over and over again is 'economic activity'. Give a rich person $1,000 and they will not put it back into the economy. Give the working poor $1,000 and they will put every single penny back into the economy.

"How many times do you have to get hit over the head before you figure out who's hitting you?" - President Harry Truman

There are 100's

your figure thus far, 0.

China is communist, which makes them stupid, by definition.

You want the US to win the race for most stupid?

Really? Why do conservatives/GOPers LOVE them and their markets?

The Republican Party hasn't had a single idea that benefited the majority of Americans since before Reagan.

In 1980 the top 1% earned 8.5% of total income. In 2007 they earned 23%.

In 1980 the bottom 90% earned 68% of total income. In 2007 they earned 53%.

Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data Tax Foundation

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

Keynes wrote "The End of Laissez Faire" in 1926. He was correct then, and his insight remains more valid than any economics that conservative Libertarians propound ad infinitum and ad nauseum. Laissez Faire is nothing more than a childish Christmas wish of no substance; just hope and myth, and smoke and mirrors. Fails every time we try even the tiniest bit.

There are 100's

your figure thus far, 0.

I never mentioned China and Solar? Oh, you think that we only invested 36.7$ billion, my statement still stands, go read the original post and get back to me.

China does not give a hoot about Solar, China invests in Nuclear Power, over 20 reactors under construction as we speak, they also built the Heavy Industry to make the actual Reactor, a incredible feet.

Solar is pure stupidity that has failed the world, as Spain and Germany have reported.

Weird, YOU keep positing $500 billion spent in 2 years WITHOUT giving a credible source, almost like you were a Faux 'News' host or hate talk radio guy?

Don't you just love it when you are nearly run down by a liberal in a huge gas-guzzling SUV because she's blogging on an electric powered tablet to tell her BFF why she's late for her "Save The Planet" protest parade?

Don't you just love it when you are nearly run down by a liberal in a huge gas-guzzling SUV because she's blogging on an electric powered tablet to tell her BFF why she's late for her "Save The Planet" protest parade?

About as much as I love meeting a conservative bitching about abortions while crying about 'takers' who want food for their kids, especially when that conservative probably is sucking off the teet of Gov't!

There are 100's

your figure thus far, 0.

Weird, YOU keep positing $500 billion spent in 2 years WITHOUT giving a credible source, almost like you were a Faux 'News' host or hate talk radio guy?
So you have zero idea of the cost, you have yet to offer any figure, of the total cost, what is the total cost of Solar, you are defending Solar, ranting how Solar is cheap and great, but that is a simple platitude, you have zero idea, the figure is not there, as you obviously have found out.

We are not allowed to know the costs, the Green/Renewable energy supporters do not know the costs.

Nothing but pure propane a and rubbish.

Again, you prove my point, you can not account nor grasp the costs.

There are 100's

your figure thus far, 0.

I will use source, which confirms my original post, if you had any sort of comprehension beyond your prejudices you would see the link you give states the figure to be, 572$ Billion.

You argue with me for days, come up with a link, that proves me right.

Your are an idiot.

About as much as I love meeting a conservative bitching about abortions while crying about 'takers' who want food for their kids, especially when that conservative probably is sucking off the teet of Gov't!

Translation:

"probably", in context, means Daddy-Zero has NO idea of what any conservative might be doing but his/her/its fevered imagination is hard at work.

As I think most people are aware, the cost of renewables are now dropping quite significantly as the initial investment costs are being repaid.

Any industry in transition requires investment, be it opening a new airport, building a new shipping port or a new football stadium. Ideally, those costs repay themselves over time, and the cost to taxpayers and users balances out over time.

The alternative is simply to continue to use laughably outdated methods and technologies, and in doing so lose thousands of jobs to countries more adept at innovation and design.

Prices for energy in the US will rise in the middle term, particularly as fracking becomes unsustainable. Prices will then drop again in the longer term.
Nonsense. Those so called renewables are not readily available. They are not affordable. They are not able to be widely distributed.
The technology just is not ready for the type of distribution required to meet the country's energy needs. Obama is part of the 'instant gratification' crowd. So in his frustration cut the EPA loose from Congressional oversight for the purpose of ramming 'conservation' down our throats.
The result will be an extension of this sluggish economy. Obama's insane energy policy is tantamount to a new tax on all Americans. More money out of the pockets of Americans means less for them to spend.
Really good ideas from inside the Beltway.

When the price of electric power triples just wait for the environmental wackos to blame it on "corporate greed."

Power Plant Closures

Impact of EPA’s Regulatory Assault on Power Plants: New Regulations to Take More than 72 GW of Electricity Generation Offline and the Plant Closing Announcements Keep Coming…

''Over 94 percent these retirements will come from generating units at coal-fired power plants, shuttering over one-fifth of the U.S.’s coal-fired generating capacity''

Horrible? lol

WHEN have conservatives EVER been on the correct side pf history on ANY POLICY?

It must be miserable to be a conservative and time after time find your policies and ideals are wrong..

Conservatives, fought clean air, clean water and workplace rules.

Conservatives fought banking regulations and caused the great depression, the great recession and every single banking crises we've ever had. Every-time the conservatives talk about smaller government they've come into power and increased the size and cost of government..

Conservatives simply cannot learn from history.

Day in the Life of a Joe Six-Pack Republican

Joe gets up at 6:00 AM to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.

All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Joe’s bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It's noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe’s deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Joe’s money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.

Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dad's; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification. (Those rural Republicans would still be sitting in the dark.)
He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show. The host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. (He doesn't tell Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day)

Joe agrees. "We don't need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I'm a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

Day of a Republican
Leave it to a lib who has no clue of the subject matter of the thread to resort to politicizing.
It's your go to excuse.
Your post is a complete and utter obfuscation.

BriPat -

Because they are not 'perfectly good'.

They are like any out-dated infrastructure that needs to be replaced by more effective, more cutting edge and more sustainable technologies.

Really - do you argue this bitterly everytime a bridge, an airport or hospital equipment is upgraded?
"Because they are not 'perfectly good'.."
That is your ( uninformed) opinion. it begins and ends there.
The reason: you cannot name these do called new technologies. They do not exist. Not in the capacity that satisfies our nation's energy needs.
Only political hacks with an agenda order the shuttering of energy facilities with nothing to replace the lost capacity.
That is MORONIC....
"a bridge, an airport or hospital equipment"....That is a specious argument. We;ve had the technology to fix/upgrade those things for decades.
Let me know when you quit using electricity. Until then, shut it.

Forum List

Back