Powerful Letter: ‘Humans Of New York’ Is Pissed At Trump

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
56e70f101e0000c600710188.jpeg

Trump’s actions have gotten so hateful that even kind-heartened Brandon Stanton had to say something.

Brandon Stanton is an advocate of allowing people to speak their minds. On Monday, the man behind the popular website, Humans of New York, decided to speak out in a blunt open letter to Donald Trump.

“Along with millions of Americans, I’ve come to realize that opposing you is no longer a political decision. It is a moral one,” Stanton wrote in a powerful letter, which was posted to the HONY Facebook page and his personal Twitter account.

In his letter, Stanton criticizes Trump for inciting violence at his rallies and promoting hateful ideologies toward Muslims, refugees and immigrants, writing:

An Open Letter to Donald Trump:

Mr. Trump,

I try my hardest not to be political. I’ve refused to interview several of your fellow candidates. I didn’t want to risk any personal goodwill by appearing to take sides in a contentious election. I thought: ‘Maybe the timing is not right.’ But I realize now that there is no correct time to oppose violence and prejudice. The time is always now. Because along with millions of Americans, I’ve come to realize that opposing you is no longer a political decision. It is a moral one.

I’ve watched you retweet racist images. I’ve watched you retweet racist lies. I’ve watched you take 48 hours to disavow white supremacy. I’ve watched you joyfully encourage violence, and promise to ‘pay the legal fees’ of those who commit violence on your behalf. I’ve watched you advocate the use of torture and the murder of terrorists’ families. I’ve watched you gleefully tell stories of executing Muslims with bullets dipped in pig blood. I’ve watched you compare refugees to ‘snakes,’ and claim that ‘Islam hates us.’

I am a journalist, Mr. Trump. And over the last two years I have conducted extensive interviews with hundreds of Muslims, chosen at random, on the streets of Iran, Iraq, and Pakistan. I’ve also interviewed hundreds of Syrian and Iraqi refugees across seven different countries. And I can confirm— the hateful one is you.

Those of us who have been paying attention will not allow you to rebrand yourself. You are not a ‘unifier.’ You are not ‘presidential.’ You are not a ‘victim’ of the very anger that you’ve joyfully enflamed for months. You are a man who has encouraged prejudice and violence in the pursuit of personal power. And though your words will no doubt change over the next few months, you will always remain who you are.

Sincerely,
Brandon Stanton
More: ‘Humans Of New York’ Is Pissed Enough At Trump To Write This Powerful Letter

Wow, that is a powerful letter and well written. I can't imagine Trump even getting the GOP nomination - let alone ever winning the General Election. He has angered too many people.

Humans of New York? Bullshit. I am no fan of the man, either. Ignore him, or just get over it, don't feed the monster. What a bunch of BS.

Humans of New York is so important, it's really importsnt. The rats of New York pay attention. Someone must care. Who has heard of it?

Mr. Stanton is no longer a journalist. He just became a political columinst. I will also point out that there haven't been more than a handful of Human Beings in NYC in decades. Anyone who would put up with the social and political culture of that city cannot be defined as a Human Being so far as I'm concerned.

Mr Trump's popularity and chance of winning either the nomination or election is a symptom of a far larger issue that the Republican Party has been unwilling to even look at in recent years.... Their base holds views FAR to the RIGHT of their Establishment hacks runnng the Party. That places their Leadership in direct opposition to most of their Base. The bodyless head of the Party is about to be shown it can't do anything more than lay on the ground and spout talking points. The headless body may or may not regenerate a new head. If it does so in time, it might be destined for the White House. If not, at least the zombie that has been the Republcan Party for the last several election cycles has been beheaded, and we'll just have to wait and see what happens to the head and the body separately.

Trump’s actions have gotten so hateful that even kind-heartened Brandon Stanton had to say something.

Brandon Stanton is an advocate of allowing people to speak their minds. On Monday, the man behind the popular website, Humans of New York, decided to speak out in a blunt open letter to Donald Trump.

“Along with millions of Americans, I’ve come to realize that opposing you is no longer a political decision. It is a moral one,” Stanton wrote in a powerful letter, which was posted to the HONY Facebook page and his personal Twitter account.

In his letter, Stanton criticizes Trump for inciting violence at his rallies and promoting hateful ideologies toward Muslims, refugees and immigrants, writing:

Mr. Trump,

I try my hardest not to be political. I’ve refused to interview several of your fellow candidates. I didn’t want to risk any personal goodwill by appearing to take sides in a contentious election. I thought: ‘Maybe the timing is not right.’ But I realize now that there is no correct time to oppose violence and prejudice. The time is always now. Because along with millions of Americans, I’ve come to realize that opposing you is no longer a political decision. It is a moral one.

I’ve watched you retweet racist images. I’ve watched you retweet racist lies. I’ve watched you take 48 hours to disavow white supremacy. I’ve watched you joyfully encourage violence, and promise to ‘pay the legal fees’ of those who commit violence on your behalf. I’ve watched you advocate the use of torture and the murder of terrorists’ families. I’ve watched you gleefully tell stories of executing Muslims with bullets dipped in pig blood. I’ve watched you compare refugees to ‘snakes,’ and claim that ‘Islam hates us.’

I am a journalist, Mr. Trump. And over the last two years I have conducted extensive interviews with hundreds of Muslims, chosen at random, on the streets of Iran, Iraq, and Pakistan. I’ve also interviewed hundreds of Syrian and Iraqi refugees across seven different countries. And I can confirm— the hateful one is you.

Those of us who have been paying attention will not allow you to rebrand yourself. You are not a ‘unifier.’ You are not ‘presidential.’ You are not a ‘victim’ of the very anger that you’ve joyfully enflamed for months. You are a man who has encouraged prejudice and violence in the pursuit of personal power. And though your words will no doubt change over the next few months, you will always remain who you are.

Sincerely,
Brandon Stanton
More: ‘Humans Of New York’ Is Pissed Enough At Trump To Write This Powerful Letter

Wow, that is a powerful letter and well written. I can't imagine Trump even getting the GOP nomination - let alone ever winning the General Election. He has angered too many people.

He's a nobody. Why should anyone care what he says?

It's fantastic that this is going viral. Americans need to pull out all the stops in stopping this egomaniacal narcissistic lying fraud before his duped followers do real damage.

While he isn't wrong, who exactly elected him to speak for humans anywhere?

Mr. Trump,

Sincerely,
Brandon Stanton

He's a nobody. Why should anyone care what he says?

Exactly.

What a loser.....what a .. a ....what....

I will be kind and say no more.:eusa_silenced:

That's the sort of creature that Soros and Hillary gang hires to disrupt Mr Trump rallies.

What predictable garbage they are.

America sees through them !!

It's fantastic that this is going viral. Americans need to pull out all the stops in stopping this egomaniacal narcissistic lying fraud before his duped followers do real damage.

You mean like the real damage that your side has done to this nation over the last 150 years, and especially so under the symbol you have superimposed over the American flag in your avatar? I have no great love for Trump. I will not vote for him. But I would support a President Trump a thousand times more than I have supported any other POTUS in my lifetime (1974-present).

Mr. Trump,

Sincerely,
Brandon Stanton

I'm not from NY so who is this dude? I wouldn't be surprised if he is no one but since 'liberals' seem to have an inflated self-appointed sense of themselves it wouldn't be surprising if this guy is a no one just like everyone else in the world. 99% of the world is composed of nobodies so the odds are that I am right. He is a nobody.

Forum List

Back