Prediction of global temperature for 2017-2024

you are on my ignore list toddster...first person I ever put there...congratulations....

To answer your question, every observation and measurement ever made supports the physical law that energy flow is in one direction....but then it is stupid comments like that that got you on ignore in the first place...

Well, I am better than most at highlighting your ignorance, so that makes sense.

To answer your question, every observation and measurement ever made supports the physical law that energy flow is in one direction

Still spreading this lie. So is it smart photons or smart emitters that make your fantasy possible?
Cold doesn't flow to warm let's keep things straight

We aren't talking about "cold flowing", we're talking about radiation.
Do you feel radiation can flow from matter that's at 6000 K to matter that's at 500,000 K?
You need work to make that happen.

Radiation travels from the Sun's surface, at 6000 K to the Sun's corona, at 500,000 K.
Don't tell SSDD, he'll block you.

you are on my ignore list toddster...first person I ever put there...congratulations....

To answer your question, every observation and measurement ever made supports the physical law that energy flow is in one direction....but then it is stupid comments like that that got you on ignore in the first place...

Well, I am better than most at highlighting your ignorance, so that makes sense.

To answer your question, every observation and measurement ever made supports the physical law that energy flow is in one direction

Still spreading this lie. So is it smart photons or smart emitters that make your fantasy possible?

Trying to explain mass dynamics to todd is like trying to teach graph reading to crick.. Hopeless....

Mass dynamics? Please tell me more.

Does it have something to do with smart emitters or smart photons?

Do you feel radiation can flow from matter that's at 6000 K to matter that's at 500,000 K?

Radiation travels from the Sun's surface, at 6000 K to the Sun's corona, at 500,000 K.
Guess you don't realize that there's a power source. Wow TODD, I expect better from you.

Guess you don't realize that there's a power source. Wow TODD, I expect better from you.

By that "logic" the cooler atmosphere can emit to the warmer surface of the Earth, because there is a power source.

Don't tell SSDD, you'll make his "smart photons" very sad.

By that "logic" the cooler atmosphere can emit to the warmer surface of the Earth, because there is a power source.

No it can't, there is no power source. Still disappointed in ya lady

The Earth warms with no power source?

Wow!

Wow!
Exactly, finally, you really are lost. Sun is our source and you think it's local! Hahahaha

Hey, lady, it's why your hypothesis is dead!

Oh, the sun is our power source, how's that go, DERP!

Last edited:
Hey TODD , can energy move cold to warm without work? You never replied lady! Doh!

Hey toddie, what do you you think is our power source? Enlighten us.

Wow!
Exactly, finally, you really are lost. Sun is our source and you think it's local! Hahahaha

Hey, lady, it's why your hypothesis is dead!

Oh, the sun is our power source, how's that go, DERP!

Sun is our source

Yup. It heats the Earth, Earth emits to atmosphere, atmosphere emits to Earth.

No, heat flows in one direction, not energy.

The second law of thermodynamics can be stated in terms of entropy: In an irreversible process, entropy always increases

A closed system of two objects in proximity, one hotter than the other, would initially have a quantifiable value of entropy. We can all agree that radiation will cause the hotter object to cool down and the colder object to warm up. As a result, the entropy of the system will increase.

There is nothing in the entropy concept of the 2nd law that prevents both objects from radiating energy toward each other, as long as the hotter object always radiates more energy to the colder object than the colder object radiates to the hotter object. In radiation energy exchange, entropy will increase and satisfy the 2nd law.

It is not possible for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object.

Pretty straight forward statement. Can't really understand why someone who believes he is as smart as you think you are does't seem to be able to understand it.

And the only thing that that prevents both objects from radiating towards each other is the underlying mechanism of the second law of thermodynamics which has shown us via every measurement and observation ever made that neither ENERGY nor HEAT will move spontaneously from a cool object to a warm object...energy always moves towards a state of greater entropy....any energy whatsoever moving from a cool object to a warmer object would be moving towards a state of less entropy.

And the earth is not a closed system...

Last edited:

Excellent, excellent, excellent. The moment you put him on ignore, he won.

No...the moment I put him on ignore...i stopped dealing with a 5 year old....if I want to talk to little kids I have grandkids to ask incessantly why.

If you care to copy the post where he demonstrated a measured observation of energy moving in two directions feel free.....otherwise he clearly didn't win...

Bodies of water, from puddles to oceans, are often cooler than the surrounding air yet evaporation still occurs which sends energy from the water into the air.

Your views are simplistic and at odds with reality. You conflate different principles with differing conditions and try to force everything into one generalization.

You seem to be the simple one Ian....are you claiming that evaporation is not work being done by the energy within the climate?

Forum List

Back