Pregnancy-A Question For Men

Be sensitive to those who are expecting, please and thank you.

What do you men think of the single expectant moms?

My opinion is that some men are too immature to share in the wonders of childbirth and raising children, thus they run from the responsibility.

I agree. I posted this thread because I'm single and expecting my second child now. I was curious what men thought.

Do you wear a sign that says, "I'm a single mom expecting my second child?"

If so, then my first thought is that you're somewhat dim-witted; not necessarily because you're pregnate, but because you advertise it and your personal marital status. Its really no one's business, yet you've made it so. Why? So you can be ridiculed? You think everyone should be sensitive? Grow up.

My second thought would be to wonder if you're some actress that can afford a nanny. If so, then great. If not, then I'd hope you're living with an extended family that can afford your litter.

My third thought, given that you have no way of self sufficiency, is that you've managed not once, but twice to give birth to children for whom you cannot care. Best option is adoption.

they should THINK it's none of their business

You are correct, it is none of my business, now when they want me to help pay for it through taxes, then it becomes my business.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Truth. Unless the man in question is the responsible party, or someone who will be dunned to house, clothe, and feed said offspring...

If "the man in question" was a "responsible party" then Darlene wouldn't be having a second child.

Few men or women are this responsible.

My opinion is that some men are too immature to share in the wonders of childbirth and raising children, thus they run from the responsibility.

I agree. I posted this thread because I'm single and expecting my second child now. I was curious what men thought.

Do you wear a sign that says, "I'm a single mom expecting my second child?"

If so, then my first thought is that you're somewhat dim-witted; not necessarily because you're pregnate, but because you advertise it and your personal marital status. Its really no one's business, yet you've made it so. Why? So you can be ridiculed? You think everyone should be sensitive? Grow up.

My second thought would be to wonder if you're some actress that can afford a nanny. If so, then great. If not, then I'd hope you're living with an extended family that can afford your litter.

My third thought, given that you have no way of self sufficiency, is that you've managed not once, but twice to give birth to children for whom you cannot care. Best option is adoption.

You have no idea what my situation is yet you are automatically assuming that I cannot care for my children (still pregnant with my second child) and to say that I'm not self-sufficient. Just because I'm single doesn't mean I cannot care for myself or my children. I am a single mother, yes but don't let your stigmatic opinions of single mother distort your mind. Its not one size fits all. While there are some single parents that end up breaking under the pressure, I am not one of them. It is hard to care for my children, but my son's father helps in caring for him. The father of this baby is a piece of shit who shouldn't be able to father children, but I don't believe in making an innocent child pay for their father's mistake. Thank you very much.

Why do you care?

1.) Women putting her own interests above those of the child.
2.) Stacking the deck against the child.
3.) I'm likely going to have to pay for that kid.

No. That isn't it. Be honest. Why do you give a damn what guys think of single mothers?

The father of this baby is a piece of shit who shouldn't be able to father children, but I don't believe in making an innocent child pay for their father's mistake. Thank you very much.

Don't you mean the child's mother's mistake. You, after all, CHOSE to have sex with this man, didn't you? That speaks to the issue of how women select men. Apparently you selected a man you wanted to have sex with but who wasn't father quality. Freaking terrific.

If you have a son be prepared for the fact that he's likely to inherit the qualities of his father.

The father of this baby is a piece of shit who shouldn't be able to father children, but I don't believe in making an innocent child pay for their father's mistake. Thank you very much.

Don't you mean the child's mother's mistake. You, after all, CHOSE to have sex with this man, didn't you? That speaks to the issue of how women select men. Apparently you selected a man you wanted to have sex with but who wasn't father quality. Freaking terrific.

If you have a son be prepared for the fact that he's likely to inherit the qualities of his father.

Don't assume so much. Sounds to me like she was raped and chose to have the child anyway.:eusa_hand:

No, didn't choose.
Anyways, I'll just delete the thread since the comments are straying and becoming more and more critical.

No, didn't choose.
Anyways, I'll just delete the thread since the comments are straying and becoming more and more critical.

No. Leave it. To be a member of this board, you MUST have thick skin. This is a good experience for you to find out who the assholes are...and which ones are not.

Don't assume so much. Sounds to me like she was raped and chose to have the child anyway.:eusa_hand:

Like I said, I won't make this baby pay for its father's mistake.

No, didn't choose.

No. Leave it. To be a member of this board, you MUST have thick skin. This is a good experience for you to find out who the assholes are...and which ones are not.

That's true.

That they are the person best equipped to make their personal decisions and should be afforded respectand support for whatever decisions they make.

You have different views than I do. Been there, done that...but I removed it. Cuz its my body and at least I had SOME say on what he left behind.

Ditto.

Hope things go well for you. And don't worry about what guys think of single mothers. Lots of good ones out there that will admire your strength to go it alone.

Forum List

Back