Premila Lal, 18, shot dead after jumping out of closet to surprise friend

Zona

A guy in ariZONA
Aug 15, 2009
847565-premila-lal-18-shot-dead-after-jumping-out-of-closet-to-surprise-friend.jpg

Uh...ooops? (I am not making light of a woman being shot, I say, uh oops because it does not look like anyone is going to be charged with killing her).

A YOUNG woman was shot dead after jumping out of a closet where she was hiding to surprise a friend.

Premila Lal, 18, was killed when the startled friend, Nerrek Daniel Galley, 21, reportedly shot her in a Longmont, Colorado home.

After the prank went awry, Galley and two of Lal's male relatives, one of them believed to be her 15-year-old brother, carried the victim to a car and took her to hospital, a neighbour told the Longmont Times-Call.

But she died shortly afterwards.

The neighbour, who was not identified by the paper, said that prior to that her husband "heard yelling and screaming" coming from the property.

premila9n-7-web.jpg

No Cookies | Herald Sun

how sad.
hope they weren't lovers, b/c if they were, that young man is going to train wreck

there should be some investigation.

unless she was wearing a disguise of some kind, he should have been able to recognize her before pulling his gun out.

unless she was wearing a disguise of some kind, he should have been able to recognize her before pulling his gun out.

I always support RESPONSIBLE gun owners. This guy....I just don't know.

That is my opinion. Does anyone else here think this was just an accident?

I'm not sure what kind weapon he's holding. I assume it's an AK although it doesn't look quite right. I doubt he even be able to have that in CO.

how sad.
hope they weren't lovers, b/c if they were, that young man is going to train wreck

Lovers or not, friends or not, he knows he killed an innocent person so that alone will should mess him up.

I'm not sure what kind weapon he's holding. I assume it's an AK although it doesn't look quite right. I doubt he even be able to have that in CO.

Don't know. I don't think that had anything to do with this shooting. Pretty sure it was a different gun. I read in a different link, he was an "avid gun owner" IAW his facebook page.

Eh, this just sucks.

If the girl had a gun, she wouldn't have been killed, eh righties?

I always support RESPONSIBLE gun owners. This guy....I just don't know.

That is my opinion. Does anyone else here think this was just an accident?

Yea, it was an accident. The accident was allowing this moron to own a gun. I'm not against people owning guns, but what the fuck was he shooting at? Did he have any idea? Sorry, but there is no way in Hell this guy should get off without being charged. It's not first degree murder, but how can a case not be made for involuntary manslaughter? The guy is a dipshit and should not be permitted to have a gun in his hands ever again.

Forum List

Back