Premila Lal, 18, shot dead after jumping out of closet to surprise friend

how sad.
hope they weren't lovers, b/c if they were, that young man is going to train wreck

Lovers or not, friends or not, he knows he killed an innocent person so that alone will should mess him up.

of course, that's normal.

I added the lovers part (she was in his home) b/c that would probably make him someone that should be watched in case he wants to take his own life

there should be some investigation.

unless she was wearing a disguise of some kind, he should have been able to recognize her before pulling his gun out.

I always support RESPONSIBLE gun owners. This guy....I just don't know.

That is my opinion. Does anyone else here think this was just an accident?

Yea, it was an accident. The accident was allowing this moron to own a gun. I'm not against people owning guns, but what the fuck was he shooting at? Did he have any idea? Sorry, but there is no way in Hell this guy should get off without being charged. It's not first degree murder, but how can a case not be made for involuntary manslaughter? The guy is a dipshit and should not be permitted to have a gun in his hands ever again.

actually, he, probably, gets off scot free

she was in his home illegally

ah gun grabbers, blurt before you think, then blurt some more.

The neighbour, who was not identified by the paper, said that prior to that her husband "heard yelling and screaming" coming from the property.

This doesn't pique anyone's interest?

Seriously?

This is just another gun event gone wrong?

beautiful, yet stupid.

guns are irrelevant.

more brains are advisable

So you think someone pulling a harmless prank should die because someone who had no business having a gun to start with had one?

She entered his home illegally and jumped out at him.
Self defense.
He did nothing wrong.
If the chick was butt ugly and as fat as a liberal woman, you would support the shooting.
Call it a mercy killing even!

Obviously, if these people were all friends, it wasn't a case of breaking and entering..

And frankly, the only really ugly chicks I see are on the COnservative side...

The neighbour, who was not identified by the paper, said that prior to that her husband "heard yelling and screaming" coming from the property.

Seriously?

She jumped ou of a closet to scare the guy, probably yelled at him.
He probably yelled back before he opened fire.
Seems reasonable.
Let me guess, a gun owner must have been the bad guy.
That's your basic premise in these events.
The guy with the gun must have been in the wrong.

Um, yeah, considering he shot an unarmed girl he considered a friend..

He was really in the wrong here.

Seriously?

When I read about this story this morning, it sounded as though the yelling and screaming was due to the girl having been shot, not anything prior. Apparently the girl's family has said it was an accident and they don't want the shooter (a family friend) to get in trouble.

So far it sounds like a tragedy but not a criminal event.

She behaved like an intruder she got treated like an intruder. Sorry but she did cause her own death. If she had not been so foolish as to pull this kind of prank she would still be alive.

She behaved like an intruder she got treated like an intruder. Sorry but she did cause her own death. If she had not been so foolish as to pull this kind of prank she would still be alive.

Yup, another candidate for the Darwin award.

Beautiful girl - dead.

Answer = More guns.

Right, nutters?

beautiful, yet stupid.

guns are irrelevant.

more brains are advisable

So you think someone pulling a harmless prank should die because someone who had no business having a gun to start with had one?

I think someone deciding on a prank should take into consideration possible consequences, which requires brain activity.

Getting into someone's house without permission has an obvious consequence to be viewed as intruder. Knowing your friend loves and carries guns should make somebody to be able to consider a possibility he might use them on a home intruder.

Easy. But requires brain activity

Last edited:
I always support RESPONSIBLE gun owners. This guy....I just don't know.

That is my opinion. Does anyone else here think this was just an accident?

Yea, it was an accident. The accident was allowing this moron to own a gun. I'm not against people owning guns, but what the fuck was he shooting at? Did he have any idea? Sorry, but there is no way in Hell this guy should get off without being charged. It's not first degree murder, but how can a case not be made for involuntary manslaughter? The guy is a dipshit and should not be permitted to have a gun in his hands ever again.

actually, he, probably, gets off scot free

she was in his home illegally

ah gun grabbers, blurt before you think, then blurt some more.

LOL This is hilarious and quintessentially ironic. At least we aren't shooting before thinking.

there should be some investigation.

unless she was wearing a disguise of some kind, he should have been able to recognize her before pulling his gun out.

There will be an investigation and my guess is the shooter will be charged. Clearly he should at least lose his license to own, possess or have in his custody or control a gun of any type. Well, he would if we lived in a culture which held such gun violence as anathema and had laws which controlled guns.

Would such a law have prevented this incident? Of course not, but it would keep stupid people from buying a gun legally and make those who choose to sell guns on the black market as criminally culpable as those who traffic in dangerous drugs.

I don't buy the premise.

Unless he was standing there gun in hand when she said "BOO" it's highly unlikely.

I'm willing to bet he killed her then made up the story.

Forum List

Back