Pres. Biden wants $15/hr min wage; Thanks but NOW its not enough

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

A 1 bedroom apt in my city is like $1200/month
Student loan payment $300
Power/cable/phone/water.....another $400
Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

Mr President.....$20 an hour is the minimum

Cool story bro but you should realize that $15/hour is a whole lot more than $7.25 Biden administration will get if they demand $20 MW from a Congress full of representatives that have no interest in that.
Is English your second language?

Yes.

How many languages do you speak?
I wasn’t being a dick. I had a hard time understanding what you posted, and wasn’t sure if it was due to typos or odd sentence structure due to language.

Read it again. It's no Hemingway, but it's all there, in English.
You think this is easy to understand...
“Cool story bro but you should realize that $15/hour is a whole lot more than $7.25 Biden administration will get if they demand $20 MW from a Congress full of representatives that have no interest in that.”

Did anyone else have ahard time interpreting that, or was it just me?

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

Cool story bro but you should realize that $15/hour is a lot more than $7.25 Biden administration will maintain if they won't settle for anything under $20.

Economics dear, raising it that high makes everyone poor..

It's communism

You clearly don't know economics or it's history.

We can pay $20, there will be employment downsides, but no it won't make Bill Gates poor. DUH
Who is we? 80% of the companies in the US is mom and pops

We are a global economy idiot.

No one gives a shit about your stupid "number of companies" metrics.

The only thing relavant is number of employees already making well above Federal minimum wage because thats what their state or company has already made the lowest wage paid.
So when everyone gets paid minimum wage how does it help?

Why the hell would everyone make minimum wage? You are incoherent.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Cool story bro but you should realize that $15/hour is a lot more than $7.25 Biden administration will maintain if they won't settle for anything under $20.

It's communism

We can pay $20, there will be employment downsides, but no it won't make Bill Gates poor. DUH

The only thing relavant is number of employees already making well above Federal minimum wage because thats what their state or company has already made the lowest wage paid.

Stats half of america makes$15 bucks or less

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Cool story bro but you should realize that $15/hour is a whole lot more than $7.25 Biden administration will get if they demand $20 MW from a Congress full of representatives that have no interest in that.
Is English your second language?

Yes.

How many languages do you speak?
I wasn’t being a dick. I had a hard time understanding what you posted, and wasn’t sure if it was due to typos or odd sentence structure due to language.

Read it again. It's no Hemingway, but it's all there, in English.
You think this is easy to understand...
“Cool story bro but you should realize that $15/hour is a whole lot more than $7.25 Biden administration will get if they demand $20 MW from a Congress full of representatives that have no interest in that.”

Did anyone else have ahard time interpreting that, or was it just me?

Lets read togather:

$15/hour is a whole lot more than [nothing] Biden administration will get

if they demand $20/hour from a Congress not interested in that sort of minimum wage.

Still not clear? Ok here are cliff notes:

Congress will never pass $20 minimum wage, it doesn't matter what Biden's administration wants.

Mandated higher wages will only increase the cost of goods or services produced in the long run, offsetting any true value gain while placating liberal economic-illiterates.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

It's communism

No one gives a shit about your stupid "number of companies"
Once again do you think a person making$15 bucks an hour will be happy making minimum wage tomorrow?

Answer the question please..

A $15 wage is $15 no matter what you call it.

Maybe we should get rid of minimum wage so those making $7.25 could feel good about their shitty wage? :rolleyes-41:

I would be happy with 25 cents an hour if a home only costed $409 bucks ..

You don't understand economics shit for brains

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

It's communism

Nope. Median hourly income is $19+ in 2019.

If I am getting paid as much as a burger flipper fuck my trade, I will become a burger flipper and let you die in the streets.

Of course you will. Making more money usually means you are accepting more responsibility and had more training. There is less pressure over cooking french fries than there is screwing up a die that costs the company a few thousand dollars for your mistake.

Mandated higher wages will only increase the cost of goods or services produced in the long run, offsetting any true value gain while placating liberal economic-illiterates.

It does more than that. It causes inflation. It causes more companies to move overseas. It causes more companies to see automation as a more attractive investment. It causes job losses.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

It's communism

Nope. Median hourly income is $19+ in 2019.

With your own stats would they be ok making $3 bucks more?

Congress will never pass $20 minimum wage, it doesn't matter what Biden's administration wants.

Given the uncertainty of the Senate, what happens if Biden does have a Democrat Congress to work with?

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

It's communism

Once again do you think a person making$15 bucks an hour will be happy making minimum wage tomorrow?

Maybe we should get rid of minimum wage so those making $7.25 could feel good about their shitty wage? :rolleyes-41:

Homes won't cost $409 no matter how low minimum wage is.

When minimum wage is raised it does cause a fractional uptick in inflation, but that effect is small compared to the actual wage increases for low income individuals. Further, this effect can be offset on monetary policy side.

You just have random garbage bouncing around in your head instead some sort of coherent economic understanding.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s time for everyone to put their big boy pants on, leave politics at the door, have a honest conversation based on real numbers.

The honest conversation is your employer doesn't determine your value--you do. If you want to earn more money, you need to make your labor more valuable.
It's really basic sales on both sides of the employment coin, one side selling a task and the other selling their time/effort/skill. When the two agree on a price, the transaction consummates. Only an incompetent entitled boob would want a government bureaucrat involved.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

It's communism

Homes won't cost $409 no matter how low minimum wage is. You just have random garbage bouncing around in your head instead some sort of coherent economic understanding.
You could buy a home in the old Sears catalog for under$400 bucks you ignorant child

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

It's communism

Homes won't cost $409 no matter how low minimum wage is.

When minimum wage is raises it does cause a fractional uptick in inflation, but that effect is small compared to the actual wage increases for low income individuals. Further, this effect can be offset on monetary policy side.

You just have random garbage bouncing around in your head instead some sort of coherent economic understanding.
You can't comprehend economics, it's embarrassing how old are you?

1605591385968.png

I'll go clean dishes or flip burgers before I'll provide skilled work for the same wage as a dish washer or burger flipper.

If people don't understand that they'd best learn how to do that skilled work themselves.

Otherwise the bosses, including any president, that support such an idea that all work has the same price tag best only be drawing down that type of wage themselves.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Given the uncertainty of the Senate, what happens if Biden does have a Democrat Congress to work with?

There is no way Democrats will uniformly vote for $20 minimum wage. I doubt even half would do that.

$15 is at least in the realm of possible.

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.
Minimum wage needs to be $50 and hour. Everyone will be making $100k a year.
Boom! No more poverty. Er’body is rich!!
Only the truly intelligent economist like myself could have come up with this, it’s never been thought of before.
You’re welcome, you stupid moderates and conservatives. Liberalism has once again solved the country’s problems with the benevolent force of the government.
And of course the right wing response is exaggeration absurdum.

Of course we know we need water to survive. But we can also drown.

We need oxygen to survive but pure oxygen would kill us

So let's go back to figuring out what the CORRECT minimum wage should be and stop the nonsense.

Currently that looks like $15/hr

Which by the way was what Florida just voted for

That's the way it should be, by a vote. If Florida wants to chase industry out of their state, it's up to them, but a President should not be chasing industry out of the country.
We keep hearing about "job loss" from raising the minimum wage but it never happens

Funny how that works huh?

But right wingers are so corrupted by corporate bosses that they actually believe that lower wages for working folks (which they largely are) is a good thing
It hasn't happened because we've successfully kept MW increases small enough that they haven't disrupted the market. Double it over night so that 40%+ of the workforce gets a raise and you would. That's really not very controversial.

Forum List

Back