Pres. Biden wants $15/hr min wage; Thanks but NOW its not enough

Why? Because I think thats a minimal fair compensation for labor.
Why must others be forced to your opinion on such things?
If someone is okay doing a simple task for $8/hr, why shouldn't they be allowed to?
If someone refuses to work for less than $20/hr, they are free to choose only jobs that pay that.

Because people at the very bottom of the income scale have little leverage and I belive there is a bare minimum labor compensation where a line must be drawn.

It's the same reason we have usury or slavery prohibition laws. It's just not right, even if someone is willing to enter such agreement.

Still not clear? Ok here are cliff notes:

Congress will never pass $20 minimum wage, it doesn't matter what Biden's administration wants.

Given the uncertainty of the Senate, what happens if Biden does have a Democrat Congress to work with?

There is no way Democrats will uniformly vote for $20 minimum wage. I doubt even half would do that.
Why would you want it?

I don't. You are too dumb to even get that.

There ARE good arguments against excessive minimum wage, you just don't happen to understand them.

Tell us antonio why do you want a $15 dollar minimum wage?

Because you got fired again?

I want $15 minimum wage where I live because New York is expensive...and we do have that here already. On Federal level I belive $12 is the right level.

Why? Because I think thats a minimal fair compensation for labor.

Someone brought up dish washing - that may not need a lot of skill, but still is a tough job. I certainly wouldn't want to do it for even much higher pay I get for what I do.
I knew I would drag it out of you, setting up posters like I normally do, you want MAGA.

Yep, you are totally amazing.

Time to add you into a good company of all the other boring brain dead morons on my ignore list.
So you voted against your wallet once again

I vote with my conscience, not bottom line.

I vote for what is good for America, not what is directly good for me today.

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

A 1 bedroom apt in my city is like $1200/month
Student loan payment $300
Power/cable/phone/water.....another $400
Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

Mr President.....$20 an hour is the minimum

Cool story bro but you should realize that $15/hour is a lot more than $7.25 Biden administration will maintain if they won't settle for anything under $20.

Economics dear, raising it that high makes everyone poor..

It's communism

You clearly don't know economics.
I know how to run a lemonade stand into the ground, my competition low balled me in sales, my employees wanted more money, I said fuck that going in and watching the brady bunch , with my jar of coins

You want a plastic shovel for that sandbox you are playing in?
Once again, do you think half of america will be happy making minimum wage?

Hlaf of America is ALREADY making LESS than that in $s now, we just don't call it minimum wage.
You stupid fuck making$15 bucks an hour is twice as much as $7.25

Do the math and economics

And?

Many states (and individual companies like Costco) have $15+ minimim wage already, yet somehow still have plenty of middle class and even wealthy people.
And in many areas $15/hr is far more than MW would need to be. IOW, let the states and cities that want to raise it however high they want. There's no need for the entire country to be shoehorned into a one size fits all solution, because it doesn't.

Thats why I support $12 on Fedderal level.

Because people at the very bottom of the income scale have little leverage
Why is that? Because they tend not to have developed skills that employers need?
and I belive there is a bare minimum labor compensation where a line must be drawn.
Your personal beliefs should only apply to you in any society where you aren't the dictator.
It's the same reason we have usury or slavery prohibition laws.
Slavery isn't a voluntary transaction and there should not be usory laws in a nation that values freedom.
It's just not right, even is someone is willing to enter such agreement.
Many people believe abortion is just not right. Should the government stop abortions?

Why is that? Because they tend not to have developed skills that employers need?
and I belive there is a bare minimum labor compensation where a line must be drawn.
Your personal beliefs should only apply to you in any society where you aren't the dictator.
Slavery isn't a voluntary transaction and there should not be usory laws in a nation that values freedom.
Many people believe abortion is just not right. Should the government stop abortions?

Dictator? Wtf? You support a cause, you win elections and you put in place laws. No dictatorship in sight.

Want to get rid of minimum wage? No problem, go get a party to adopt that platform and win some elections. Thats how our representative democracy works.

Dictator? Wtf? You support a cause, you win elections and you put in place laws. No dictatorship in sight.
You seem to want to dictate what the minimum wage should be. I'm all about the two parties actually involved coming to a mutual agreement or walking away.
Want to get rid of minimum wage? No problem, go get a party to adopt that platform and win some elections. Thats how our representative democracy works.

If someone agrees to sell their labor for two dollars an hour, they should be free to do so. Do you disagree?

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

And then you won't have jobs.
My power bill is $40.
Cable is $40.
Phone is $23
Water is $30.

If you are paying $400 for all that stuff, when you don't make that much money... then you are spending too much.

Student loan payment? Don't borrow money. Go to a cheap school, and work your way through. If you are out of college, then you should be making good money, provided you got a good degree, and easily be able to pay this.

Here in Columbus Ohio, you can easily get a 1 bedroom apartment for $500 to $600, and up to $1,000 if you want a larger one.

Are you in a city run by Democrats, where rents are unusually high?

Then get a Studio apartment, and lower your rent costs. Or move someplace not ruined by Democrats.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

You will need $30 an hour after all the taxes are taken out from Biden's plan. Goodbye middleclass or what was left of it already.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

While the min wage SHOULD be $20 per hour, just quickly changing it to $20 would do more harm than good. Unfortunately, the process of raising the minimum wage should have begun years back.

Well that's why we are arguing it here. We're trying to educate people (the ones willing to learn and listen to the other side) that the minimum wage has never had a positive impact, and consistently has a negative impact every single time that it has been implemented.

You do realize that just 100 years ago, everyone understood that the minimum wage eliminated jobs. In the first use of the minimum wage was specifically to eliminate jobs for Asians. It was an openly racists policy, designed to keep Asians out of the work force.

Asian would come here, and take job at a lower wage than White Americans, and the UNIONS specifically, didn't like that. So they put in place the minimum wage, which would eliminate Asian jobs.

Why is it that things that were common sense and obvious in the past, today people are blind stupid and ignorant about?

If the minimum wage has no negative impact... then why not make the minimum wage $200,000 a year?

If there is no negative impact, then let's all get CEO wages.

Of course that's ridiculous, and impossible. But at low end, for some stupid reason, people just think it magically has no impact.

When NYC raised their minimum wage, jobs disappeared.

Well documented. Minimum wage drives out jobs. It's a fact. Same was shown in Seattle.

Not all of them were good. They found that the policy “reduced hours worked in low-wage jobs by 6-7 percent, while hourly wages in such jobs increased by 3 percent ... consequently, total payroll for such jobs decreased.” That means the total amount that employers paid to workers was less with the new minimum wage in place than projected payroll if the policy hadn’t gone into effect.​

There is no example where people raised the minimum wage, and had a result of prosperity. Never. Never happened. There is no country where that worked.

Again, if that worked, we'd all raise the minimum wage to $100/hour, and all be wealthy. We don't do that, because it doesn't work, and never has.

Nothing is ever enough for you parasitic commie shit biscuits.

Name calling isn’t necessary. Its not that I/we dont wanna work we just want a living wage. And “commies” really? Im definitely not a communist. America can and should do better
Why do you not admit to being a communist? You have been an open communist as long as you have been here.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Tough shit.

I haven't had a minimum wage job since I was 16; 1978. I was a busboy in a Greek restaurant that was owned by the mob on Long Island.

I never dreamed of moving out of the house at age 16 because I had this super job. I don't recall ever believing that I could support a family on $100 a week. if I recall correctly, minimum wage in New York back then was about $2.50 an hour, and I was damn thankful to have it!

What you get paid is not dependent on your expenses. How fucking retarded. Make your $600 a week, live within your means and shut the fuck up. Maybe, one day, you can get off your dead ass, get a promotion and make something of yourself.

Because if you think any level of "economic equality" is going to happen, you're fucking high...

Well that's why we are arguing it here.

Argue all you want, just don't call me a dictator for supporting minimum wage standards.

If the minimum wage has no negative impact... then why not make the minimum wage $200,000 a year?

If there is no negative impact, then let's all get CEO wages.

Of course that's ridiculous, and impossible. But at low end, for some stupid reason, people just think it magically has no impact.

...who are you erecting these false choices for and why are you addressing them to me?

I've never argued that minimum wage is downside free at any rate.

Here is a 2019 CBO study on effects of raising minimum wage, look it over and let me know what it is you don't think I understand:

Last edited:

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Wrong wrong wrong....
The biggest problem with Bernie and Biden talking about blanket figures for minimum wage is that both Millionaires live in bubbles whereby their region is expensive, they shop at Publix and whole foods so their perception of salary is skewed by their life style and region.
You have regions of the country where housing and food etc can be a quarter to half that of these prima donnas. Blanket salaries don't work across the board, each state should be allowed to figure their tipping point of to high for sustaining one's business. And even that is not regionally appropriate within states own vast differences.
So if you live in expensive regions then yes Biden or Bernie's minimum rhetoric seems to low but if you live in stressed areas where businesses have especially bit hit hardest by Covid do you really want to finish off the rest of mom and pop run businesses leaving no conveniences and jobs around, just so you can have what you want where you live?
I hope by now people see why the electoral college is set up state by state to keep high populated pretentious prima donnas from destroying regions they know nothing nor care about.

You seem to want to dictate what the minimum wage should be.

There are many many many many things we are effectively dictated. You are just special pleading this one.

I can't sell expired products, can't buy hookers, can't do coke lines ina store, even if the owner doesn't mind, the list is never ending.

But gosh, I'm a dictator because I like minimum wage laws to ensure people get compensated slightly above slave wages for their labor.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

It's up to Americans to decide the wages that are offered. If that's not good enough for you get the fuck out.

Well that's why we are arguing it here.

Argue all you want, just don't call me a dictator for supporting minimum wage standards.

Well... I would not say that openly because it generally isn't helpful...

But... let's be honest.... *YOU* by supporting this policy, are in fact.... trying to dictate terms between two parties that you are not connected to.

Right? You are not part of my party, the employee. And you are not part of the party of the employer.

So, you being completely unconnected to either party in the employment contract, are saying you want to dictate and control the minimum level of payment.

You are saying to the employer, you might want to hire someone for less money, but I refuse to allow you to do that.
And you are saying to the employee, you might want to work for less money, but I refuse to allow you to do that.

You are in effect, engaged in 'dictating' to others how they live.

You do realize that every single dictator in human history, has justified his dictating, as being for the good of society? Which is the same justification for dictating wages here.

And you might say that 'this one thing' doesn't make you a dictator, but the the Democrats wish to dictate everything. Can you name something that Democrats do not wish to control? Guns? Speech? Wages for both the CEO and the hourly worker? Benefits? Religion? Even those who are not hourly workers, they wish to control how much pay people at every income level? They want to control what bathroom you go in, and what pronouns you use.

So, yeah I can see why people on the right, that believe in limited government, that is restricted to protecting actual rights.... that you would be basically a dictator of sorts. The entire left-wing wants to dictate everything.

Forum List

Back