Pres. Biden wants $15/hr min wage; Thanks but NOW its not enough

Of course job losses happen when raising the minimum wage, it's economics 101..
Really?

Because every time there is a rise in minimum wage...and that claim is made...it doesn't happen
Lesh? Are you not noticing the "kiosks" that are sprouting up at places like WalMart, McDonalds, Panera Bread...etc...etc? Those kiosks used to be people working at those businesses. That didn't happen because labor was getting cheaper.
And grocery stores.

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

A 1 bedroom apt in my city is like $1200/month
Student loan payment $300
Power/cable/phone/water.....another $400
Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

Mr President.....$20 an hour is the minimum

Cool story bro but you should realize that $15/hour is a lot more than $7.25 Biden administration will maintain if they won't settle for anything under $20.

Economics dear, raising it that high makes everyone poor..

It's communism

You clearly don't know economics or it's history.

We can pay $20, there will be employment downsides, but no it won't make Bill Gates poor. DUH
Who is we? 80% of the companies in the US is mom and pops

We are a global economy idiot.

No one gives a shit about your stupid "number of companies"
Once again do you think a person making$15 bucks an hour will be happy making minimum wage tomorrow?

Answer the question please..

A $15 wage is $15 no matter what you call it.

Maybe we should get rid of minimum wage so those making $7.25 could feel good about their shitty wage? :rolleyes-41:

I would be happy with 25 cents an hour if a home only costed $409 bucks ..

You don't understand economics shit for brains

Homes won't cost $409 no matter how low minimum wage is.

When minimum wage is raises it does cause a fractional uptick in inflation, but that effect is small compared to the actual wage increases for low income individuals. Further, this effect can be offset on monetary policy side.

You just have random garbage bouncing around in your head instead some sort of coherent economic understanding.
You can't comprehend economics, it's embarrassing how old are you?

Great argument.

Still not clear? Ok here are cliff notes:

Congress will never pass $20 minimum wage, it doesn't matter what Biden's administration wants.

Given the uncertainty of the Senate, what happens if Biden does have a Democrat Congress to work with?

There is no way Democrats will uniformly vote for $20 minimum wage. I doubt even half would do that.
Why would you want it?

I don't. You are too dumb to even get that.

There ARE good arguments against excessive minimum wage, you just don't happen to understand them.

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

Cool story bro but you should realize that $15/hour is a lot more than $7.25 Biden administration will maintain if they won't settle for anything under $20.

It's communism

We can pay $20, there will be employment downsides, but no it won't make Bill Gates poor. DUH

Once again do you think a person making$15 bucks an hour will be happy making minimum wage tomorrow?

Maybe we should get rid of minimum wage so those making $7.25 could feel good about their shitty wage? :rolleyes-41:

When minimum wage is raises it does cause a fractional uptick in inflation, but that effect is small compared to the actual wage increases for low income individuals. Further, this effect can be offset on monetary policy side.

You just have random garbage bouncing around in your head instead some sort of coherent economic understanding.

Great argument.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

It's communism

Great argument.
Why do you personally want $15 bucks an hour, simple question..

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

It's communism

You clearly don't know economics.
I know how to run a lemonade stand into the ground, my competition low balled me in sales, my employees wanted more money, I said fuck that going in and watching the brady bunch , with my jar of coins

You want a plastic shovel for that sandbox you are playing in?
Once again, do you think half of america will be happy making minimum wage?

Hlaf of America is ALREADY making LESS than that in $s now, we just don't call it minimum wage.
You stupid fuck making$15 bucks an hour is twice as much as $7.25

Do the math and economics

And?

Many states (and individual companies like Costco) have $15+ minimim wage already, yet somehow still have plenty of middle class and even wealthy people.
And in many areas $15/hr is far more than MW would need to be. IOW, let the states and cities that want to raise it however high they want. There's no need for the entire country to be shoehorned into a one size fits all solution, because it doesn't.

Congress will never pass $20 minimum wage, it doesn't matter what Biden's administration wants.

Given the uncertainty of the Senate, what happens if Biden does have a Democrat Congress to work with?

There is no way Democrats will uniformly vote for $20 minimum wage. I doubt even half would do that.
Why would you want it?

There ARE good arguments against excessive minimum wage, you just don't happen to understand them.

Tell us antonio why do you want a $15 dollar minimum wage?

Because you got fired again?

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.
Minimum wage needs to be $50 and hour. Everyone will be making $100k a year.
Boom! No more poverty. Er’body is rich!!
Only the truly intelligent economist like myself could have come up with this, it’s never been thought of before.
You’re welcome, you stupid moderates and conservatives. Liberalism has once again solved the country’s problems with the benevolent force of the government.
And of course the right wing response is exaggeration absurdum.

Of course we know we need water to survive. But we can also drown.

We need oxygen to survive but pure oxygen would kill us

So let's go back to figuring out what the CORRECT minimum wage should be and stop the nonsense.

Currently that looks like $15/hr

Which by the way was what Florida just voted for

That's the way it should be, by a vote. If Florida wants to chase industry out of their state, it's up to them, but a President should not be chasing industry out of the country.
We keep hearing about "job loss" from raising the minimum wage but it never happens

Funny how that works huh?

But right wingers are so corrupted by corporate bosses that they actually believe that lower wages for working folks (which they largely are) is a good thing
It hasn't happened because we've successfully kept MW increases small enough that they haven't disrupted the market. Double it over night so that 40%+ of the workforce gets a raise and you would. That's really not very controversial.

Just for historical perspective, REAL minimum wage was over $10 in 1960s.

Real-Value-Minimum-Wage.jpg

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

It's communism

Maybe we should get rid of minimum wage so those making $7.25 could feel better about their shitty wage? :rolleyes-41:
Forced wages kills jobs. You can kick and scream, yell foul all the fk you want, but it will increase unemployment. That’s economic 101
It's only a matter of degree. If arbitrarily increasing the MW had no effect on jobs or prices, we COULD just set it to $100/hr and make everybody rich. Of course we can't, and it's stupid to think you can double the MW overnight and expect no consequences.

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.
Only the truly intelligent economist like myself could have come up with this, it’s never been thought of before.
You’re welcome, you stupid moderates and conservatives. Liberalism has once again solved the country’s problems with the benevolent force of the government.

So let's go back to figuring out what the CORRECT minimum wage should be and stop the nonsense.

That's the way it should be, by a vote. If Florida wants to chase industry out of their state, it's up to them, but a President should not be chasing industry out of the country.
We keep hearing about "job loss" from raising the minimum wage but it never happens

But right wingers are so corrupted by corporate bosses that they actually believe that lower wages for working folks (which they largely are) is a good thing
It hasn't happened because we've successfully kept MW increases small enough that they haven't disrupted the market. Double it over night so that 40%+ of the workforce gets a raise and you would. That's really not very controversial.

No illegals and no walmarts ignorant one

Why would you want it?

I want $15 minimum wage where I live because New York is expensive...and we do have that minimum wage here already. On Federal level I belive $12 is the right level.

Why? Because I think thats a minimal fair compensation for labor.

Someone brought up dish washing - that may not need a lot of skill, but it still is a tough job. I certainly wouldn't want to do it for even much higher pay I get for what I do.

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

This is hilarious you want MAGA

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

Too bad you don't.

Why would you want it?

I want $15 minimum wage where I live because New York is expensive...and we do have that here already. On Federal level I belive $12 is the right level.

Someone brought up dish washing - that may not need a lot of skill, but still is a tough job. I certainly wouldn't want to do it for even much higher pay I get for what I do.
I knew I would drag it out of you, setting up posters like I normally do, you want MAGA.

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

Too bad you don't.
So your mad at the Democrats in new York, high taxes,
High cost of living

Why must others be forced to your opinion on such things?
If someone is okay doing a simple task for $8/hr, why shouldn't they be allowed to?
If someone refuses to work for less than $20/hr, they are free to choose only jobs that pay that.

Why would you want it?

I want $15 minimum wage where I live because New York is expensive...and we do have that here already. On Federal level I belive $12 is the right level.

Someone brought up dish washing - that may not need a lot of skill, but still is a tough job. I certainly wouldn't want to do it for even much higher pay I get for what I do.
I knew I would drag it out of you, setting up posters like I normally do, you want MAGA.

Yep, you are totally amazing.

Time to add you into a good company of all the other boring brain dead morons on my ignore list.

Why would you want it?

Yep, you are totally amazing.

Time to add you into a good company of all the other boring brain dead morons on my ignore list.
So you voted against your wallet once again

Forum List

Back