Pres. Obama begins post-SOTU tour in Idaho

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Obama Defends His Aggressive Agenda In Boise Idaho NPR

"Obama Defends His Aggressive Agenda In Boise, Idaho"

Now he's pitching his policies on the road, and as NPR White House correspondent Tamara Keith reports, he landed yesterday in an unlikely place.

TAMARA KEITH, BYLINE: Idaho. Deep-red Idaho. The last time President Obama visited the state was in 2008 to campaign for the Democratic nomination, which he won.

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: Of course in the general election, I got whooped.

(LAUGHTER)

OBAMA: I got whooped twice in fact, but that's OK. I've got no hard feelings. In fact, that's exactly why I came back.

KEITH: He then recalled that speech he gave at the Democratic convention in 2004, the one that made him a household name.

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

OBAMA: There is not a liberal America or a conservative America, but a United States of America.

(APPLAUSE)

KEITH: More than a decade later, that idea still gets applause, this time from the 6,000 people at the sport complex at Boise State University.

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

OBAMA: And today I know it can seem like our politics are more divided than ever. In places like Idaho, the only blue turf is on your field.

KEITH: The University is famous for its blue, artificial turf football field. Obama told the crowd he would spend his last two years in office trying to get past the politics of red and blue. But then he defended his decision to use his state of the union address to push an aggressive new agenda unlikely to win GOP support.

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

OBAMA: My job is to put forward what I think is best for America. The job of Congress then is to put forward alternative ideas, but they've got to be specific. They can't just be no...

Interesting choice of starting place for a tour. It also means that the President has now visited 47 of 50 states.

Idaho visit leaves Obama 3 states short of 50 KSL.com

...A post-State of the Union trip Wednesday to Idaho leaves Obama with three states to visit in the two years he has left in office.

The states are South Dakota, Utah and South Carolina.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest says Obama would like to visit all 50 states before he turns over the presidency in January 2017.

I heard yesterday that his SOTU address had the lowest number of viewers in the history of USA. I wonder exactly how many people watched it?

Also someone told me that recently while hearing about a discussion on the 2016 election it was implied that Obama would be running for a 3rd term. Did you hear anything about that?

Now he's pitching his policies on the road, and as NPR White House correspondent Tamara Keith reports, he landed yesterday in an unlikely place.

TAMARA KEITH, BYLINE: Idaho. Deep-red Idaho. The last time President Obama visited the state was in 2008 to campaign for the Democratic nomination, which he won.

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

(LAUGHTER)

OBAMA: I got whooped twice in fact, but that's OK. I've got no hard feelings. In fact, that's exactly why I came back.

KEITH: He then recalled that speech he gave at the Democratic convention in 2004, the one that made him a household name.

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

OBAMA: There is not a liberal America or a conservative America, but a United States of America.

(APPLAUSE)

KEITH: More than a decade later, that idea still gets applause, this time from the 6,000 people at the sport complex at Boise State University.

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

OBAMA: And today I know it can seem like our politics are more divided than ever. In places like Idaho, the only blue turf is on your field.

KEITH: The University is famous for its blue, artificial turf football field. Obama told the crowd he would spend his last two years in office trying to get past the politics of red and blue. But then he defended his decision to use his state of the union address to push an aggressive new agenda unlikely to win GOP support.

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

OBAMA: My job is to put forward what I think is best for America. The job of Congress then is to put forward alternative ideas, but they've got to be specific. They can't just be no...

Interesting choice of starting place for a tour. It also means that the President has now visited 47 of 50 states.

...A post-State of the Union trip Wednesday to Idaho leaves Obama with three states to visit in the two years he has left in office.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest says Obama would like to visit all 50 states before he turns over the presidency in January 2017.
Once again Obama lied.

He said read my lips,... No more campaigns.

I heard yesterday that his SOTU address had the lowest number of viewers in the history of USA. I wonder exactly how many people watched it?

Also someone told me that recently while hearing about a discussion on the 2016 election it was implied that Obama would be running for a 3rd term. Did you hear anything about that?

About 9 million.

More people watched it on the net than on the television.

I didn't watch it. If I wanted to see a horse's ass I'd go to a ranch. Besides, that prick lies so much it's too infuriating.

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

(LAUGHTER)

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

(APPLAUSE)

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

Wrong he started his campaign for his state of the union speech before he gave the speech.

Typical far left drone..

• Banned
Oh, and just for shits and grins, the one and only poll of the great state of Idaho to-date, Hillary Clinton (D) vs. prospective GOP challengers:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2014/PPP_Release_ID_1014925.pdf

522 LV, MoE = +/-4.3

Christie (R) 44
Clinton (D) 33
margin: Christie +11

Cruz (R) 50

Clinton (D) 34
margin: Cruz +16

Bush, J (R) 50
Clinton (D) 33

margin: Bush +17

Huckabee (R) 52

Clinton (D) 34
margin: Huckabee +18

Paul (R) 52
Clinton (D) 33
margin: Paul +19

So, in a state where we assume that Hillary Clinton will have no chance at all, the margins range from +11 to +19 for the GOP. Sounds impressive. Only, here are the margins of the last 16 presidential cycles in ruby-red Idaho:

2012: Romney +31.69%
2008: Mccain +25.30%
2004: Bush 43 +38.12%
2000: Bush 43 +39.53%
1996: Dole +18.64% (three-man race)
1992: Bush 41 +13.61% (three-man race)
1998: Bush 41 +26.07%
1984: Reagan +45.97%
1980: Reagan +41.27%
1976: Ford +22.76%
1972: Nixon +38.20%
1968: Nixon +26.13% (three-man race)
1964: LBJ +1.83%
1960: Nixon +7.67%
1956: Eisenhower +22.39%
1952: Eisenhower +31.00%

Idaho is a 15 for 16 GOP state since 1952, soon to be 64 years. Of those 15 cycles where the GOP won this state, 7 of those wins are +30-or-above wins. In most of the cycles where the GOP won this state with +25 or less, the Democrat won the national election: 2008, 1996, 1992, 1976 and 1960. The exceptions are 1956 and now, 2012. It took a +24 national win for LBJ in 1964 to just barely pull this state over the line and into the Democratic column, so no one is expecting Hillary to win Idaho. But these current margins for the GOP are WAY under where they should be, even in an election where the GOP is in trouble.

To compare, the one 2012 Idaho poll, Obama vs. Romney:

Google Sheets - create and edit spreadsheets online for free.

Mason-Dixon / Idaho Statesman

Romney 63 / Obama 27, margin: Romney +36
Actual result: Romney +31.69%

And in 2008, there were 7 Idaho polls, Obama vs McCain

Statistikhengst s ELECTORAL POLITICS - 2013 and beyond FINAL POLL CONVERGENCE No. 12

The final poll:

Harstad (10/31/2008):

McCain 55 / Obama 32, margin: McCain +23
(Actual result: McCain +25.30%)

In short, the current Idaho margins for the entire GOP crew are WAY too small, considering the electoral history of this state. If these values hold through 2016 with similar polling, then that would be an indication that Hillary is headed for a large national landslide.

Oh, and at the PPP link above, check out the internals for the womens' vote...

Last edited:
  • Banned

False. It had MORE viewers than in 2014.

Wrong!

• Banned

Wrong!

Wrong again.

Yes I know the far left follows their programing, but as always they are wrong!

About 9 million.

I didn't watch it. If I wanted to see a horse's ass I'd go to a ranch. Besides, that prick lies so much it's too infuriating.

The American population is well over 300 million and only 9 million watched it? That is amazing!

Not from the report I listened to on Steve Malzberg it didn't.

About 9 million.

The American population is well over 300 million and only 9 million watched it? That is amazing!
We do have Spanish networks.

About 9 million.

We do have Spanish networks.

Are you saying there were 9 million illegal aliens listening in and no Americans watched it? I suppose that would be a very telling picture, wouldn't it! yikes.

I heard he was taking his message to all 57 states.

He got that confused with 57 Islamic States when he said that. I'm certain of it. He may have even threw that in for the Islamists who backed his campaign financially - just a preview to give them hope for "Tomorrow's" .......hope and change.

Didn't you hear him say "no more campaigns"? And besides, there are no 3rd terms for the Presidency.

Forum List

Back