Preschool Shooting Drills?

There are many reasons to homeschool the kids. This to me would one of the lower priorities on the list. Many more parents would be upset if the schools didn't have such drills.

You mean for the kids to use the guns themselves?

My mistake. Shooting drills are something you do at the range, active-shooter drills are something they do in schools. A school might be carrying it too far to traumatize pre-school kids like that. It's probably better off being something the teachers and staff practice on their own, without the kids.

My mistake. Shooting drills are something you do at the range, active-shooter drills are something they do in schools. A school might be carrying it too far to traumatize pre-school kids like that. It's probably better off being something the teachers and staff practice on their own, without the kids.
It's necessary to have the kids participate so that they know what to do. Mostly it involves the teacher having the kids move into a corner of the room so that they can not be seen from a door or window. Of course the door is to be closed and locked. The kids have to know to be still and quiet until the drill is over or the danger is over.

As far as I've seen they take care to make the practice "an activity" without getting into what it would be for.

It's necessary to have the kids participate so that they know what to do. Mostly it involves the teacher having the kids move into a corner of the room so that they can not be seen from a door or window. Of course the door is to be closed and locked. The kids have to know to be still and quiet until the drill is over or the danger is over.

Nope, not anymore. We used to do that. After Columbine, we figured out it mostly makes students sitting ducks.

now, we teach students to hide ONLY if there's nothing else to do. What I'm supposed to do now is, if an active shooter is on the other side of the building, let my students as young as age 4 out the side door and just tell them to run away willy-nilly.

Yep. Against all intuition.

I have a bucket in my room with gauze for packing bullet wounds and a tourniquet for stopping heavy bleeds.

Hey rightwinger get in here and tell me what a waste it to have music in these schools. Music and art. We should cut those frills and just have math and reading and drills in the schools where we have gauze to pack bullet wounds.

Miserable old men on this board, full stop. Yeah I said it.

I never thought I'd see the day where it would even have to come to this. 😞

Snowflakes

When I was in Kindergarten we had nuclear attack drills
Suck it up Buttercup

1670676762570.jpeg

Last edited:
There are many reasons to homeschool the kids. This to me would one of the lower priorities on the list. Many more parents would be upset if the schools didn't have such drills.

None of my children or grandchildren have ever participated in an "active shooter drill", but then we live in a country which has never seen a mass school shooting in a primary, middle or secondary school, and has sensible gun laws, to boot.

You people only care about unborn children. After they become living breathing children, they're target practice for crazies.

None of my children or grandchildren have ever participated in an "active shooter drill", but then we live in a country which has never seen a mass school shooting in a primary, middle or secondary school, and has sensible gun laws, to boot.

You people only care about unborn children. After they become living breathing children, they're target practice for crazies.

That was hardly a "mass school shooting". That was a personal matter between two students, described in the article you linked to as an "execution". But nice try.

And that's the ONLY one you could find.
Do they teach you how to read up there in that arctic wasteland? Open the link.

That was hardly a "mass school shooting". That was a personal matter between two students, described in the article you linked to as an "execution". But nice try.

And that's the ONLY one you could find.

"An 18-year-old student died after a shooting at a Toronto high school on Monday. Police have charged a 14-year-old with first-degree murder.
70c8fc80

Here is a list of some other school shootings in Canada:

• Ecole Polytechnique, Montreal: On Dec. 6, 1989, 25-year-old Marc Lepine shot more than two dozen people, killing 14 women before killing himself.
  • Dawson College, Montreal: On Sept. 13, 2006, 18-year-old Anastasia De Sousa was killed and 20 others were hurt when gunman Kimveer Gill, 25, opened fire with a semi-automatic weapon. Gill was killed in a police gunfight.
  • W.C. Jeffreys Collegiate Institute, Toronto: On May, 23, 2007, 15-year-old Jordan Manners is found in a hallway with single gunshot wound to the chest. He later dies in hospital.
  • Les Racines de vie Montessori, Gatineau, Que.: On April 5, 2013, two men die during a shooting at the school’s daycare. The shooter is identified as Robert Charron. Thirty-eight-year-old Neil Galliou is killed before Charron takes his own life. Charron told staff to take the 53 children to safety before he opened fire.
  • W.R. Myers High: Taber, Alta.: On April 28, 1999, a 14-year-old Grade 9 students shoots three students, killing 17-year-old Jason Lang before he is arrested.
  • La Loche high school, Sask.: Two teenage brothers were first killed in a home before the school in the remote Dene community became the target. Two staff died. Seven people were wounded. A student, who was 17 at the time, pleaded guilty to charges of first-degree murder, second-degree murder and attempted murder."

"An 18-year-old student died after a shooting at a Toronto high school on Monday. Police have charged a 14-year-old with first-degree murder.
70c8fc80

Here is a list of some other school shootings in Canada:

• Ecole Polytechnique, Montreal: On Dec. 6, 1989, 25-year-old Marc Lepine shot more than two dozen people, killing 14 women before killing himself.
  • Dawson College, Montreal: On Sept. 13, 2006, 18-year-old Anastasia De Sousa was killed and 20 others were hurt when gunman Kimveer Gill, 25, opened fire with a semi-automatic weapon. Gill was killed in a police gunfight.
  • W.C. Jeffreys Collegiate Institute, Toronto: On May, 23, 2007, 15-year-old Jordan Manners is found in a hallway with single gunshot wound to the chest. He later dies in hospital.
  • Les Racines de vie Montessori, Gatineau, Que.: On April 5, 2013, two men die during a shooting at the school’s daycare. The shooter is identified as Robert Charron. Thirty-eight-year-old Neil Galliou is killed before Charron takes his own life. Charron told staff to take the 53 children to safety before he opened fire.
  • W.R. Myers High: Taber, Alta.: On April 28, 1999, a 14-year-old Grade 9 students shoots three students, killing 17-year-old Jason Lang before he is arrested.
  • La Loche high school, Sask.: Two teenage brothers were first killed in a home before the school in the remote Dene community became the target. Two staff died. Seven people were wounded. A student, who was 17 at the time, pleaded guilty to charges of first-degree murder, second-degree murder and attempted murder."

I specifically mentioned MASS school shootings. That's the list of ALL of the school shootings on school properties in Canada. The latest of these was in 2013.

The one and only mass shooting in a school in Canada, was the first one in 1989. Gun laws were changed in the wake of that shooting.

Forum List

Back