President Obama needs to STOP spouting off red line, threats & demands

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
His bluff has been called REPEATEDLY and he is only making himself and worse, us as a nation, look impotent in the eyes of the world. Making statements of condemnation are fine but drawing imaginary lines that the world knows you won't enforce if crossed is just terribly stupid.

Obama claimed he was going to restore our image abroad. Well we went from being considered dangerous cowboys (libs term not mine) to the little boys that cried wolf.

Russia is having their way with us right now and it is pretty embarrassing.

Obama PLEASE shut your trap and stay on the golf course.

Well, he needs to either BACK THEM UP EVERY TIME, or stop spouting them off.

And if he isn't going to back them up, then maybe he should change jobs and let someone who WILL back them up, take over.

In fact, I'd say that's mandatory, for the job of President and Commander in Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

He went from Community Organizer (where all he has to do is sound imposing and people will fall right into line and enthusiastically do what he suggests), to what he seems to fancy as a World Organizer.

Too bad he didn't ask the world first, if it wanted him to organize it. Most of it seems uninterested in his "help".

In fact, a lot of us could have told him it would be that way, back before the started.

In fact, many of us did.

(sigh)

And if he isn't going to back them up, then maybe he should change jobs and let someone who WILL back them up, take over.

In fact, I'd say that's mandatory, for the job of President and Commander in Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

To be fair bluffing & posturing are part of the job but once you've been called it's time to stop.

He went from Community Organizer (where all he has to do is sound imposing and people will fall right into line and enthusiastically do what he suggests), to what he seems to fancy as a World Organizer.

Too bad he didn't ask the world first, if it wanted him to organize it. Most of it seems uninterested in his "help".

In fact, a lot of us could have told him it would be that way, back before the started.

In fact, many of us did.

(sigh)

obama's history, like that of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson is to make a demand and a threat that if the entity does not immediately pay off, there will be demonstrations if not riots. Then they get paid off. That's obama's experience. Out them as racist if nothing else works, have a boycott. Those are the tools if a community organizer. He is just out of his league in this one.

His bluff has been called REPEATEDLY and he is only making himself and worse, us as a nation, look impotent in the eyes of the world. Making statements of condemnation are fine but drawing imaginary lines that the world knows you won't enforce if crossed is just terribly stupid.

Obama claimed he was going to restore our image abroad. Well we went from being considered dangerous cowboys (libs term not mine) to the little boys that cried wolf.

For the most part, I can agree with the fact that Obama has been talking the talk but not at all walking the walk. However, he has an opportunity at this point to actually do something about it. While I do not believe it is in our interest to intervene in the Ukraine, Putin has opened up the door for the US to make a major move. Putin has shown that no former Soviet Bloc country is safe, so it would behoove us to offer these countries some sort of protection down the road. We should be offering these countries our defenses via military bases within their borders. If Obama were to move in this direction, Putin would have nothing to counter with and would put Russia in a defensive position rather than an aggressive position. It might even bring an end to Putin's reign as Russians really are not interested in an all out confrontation with the US.

While I am not that big on spending more on the military, we might have to at this point. I would suggest that any country that wants our support should pay a percentage of the costs.

To be fair bluffing & posturing are part of the job but once you've been called it's time to stop.

We shall see where he goes from here.

President Bush Sr. drew a line in the sand against Saddam Hussein in 1990. He backed it up in 1991;

it took us more than 20 years to clean up his, and his dimwit son's, mess.

Russia invades Ukraine, and the cons rag on Obama. Shows who's side the republicans are on.

The Obama haters would have an even bigger field day...

...if Obama remained silent in response to these events.

Russia invades Ukraine, and the cons rag on Obama. Shows who's side the republicans are on.

And what makes them more ridiculous is that not one of these Obama critics has any better ideas as to what we should be doing.

For the most part, I can agree with the fact that Obama has been talking the talk but not at all walking the walk. However, he has an opportunity at this point to actually do something about it. While I do not believe it is in our interest to intervene in the Ukraine, Putin has opened up the door for the US to make a major move. Putin has shown that no former Soviet Bloc country is safe, so it would behoove us to offer these countries some sort of protection down the road. We should be offering these countries our defenses via military bases within their borders. If Obama were to move in this direction, Putin would have nothing to counter with and would put Russia in a defensive position rather than an aggressive position. It might even bring an end to Putin's reign as Russians really are not interested in an all out confrontation with the US.

While I am not that big on spending more on the military, we might have to at this point. I would suggest that any country that wants our support should pay a percentage of the costs.

There are probably more Americans in the US opposed to obama's reign than Russians in Russia opposed to Putin's.

President Bush Sr. drew a line in the sand against Saddam Hussein in 1990. He backed it up in 1991;

it took us more than 20 years to clean up his, and his dimwit son's, mess.

Wrong! Bush Sr. did what he said he was going to do. He pushed Saddam Hussein's forces back into Iraq and put an end to their takeover of Kuwait. It was quick and decisive and it ended with that. It was a huge victory. It has nothing to do with the Iraq War that GW got us into. They are two completely separate issues.

Last edited:

I agree...Obama has to keep in mind that reacting to current events should not result in him making a robotic sound-bite.

There are probably more Americans in the US opposed to obama's reign than Russians in Russia opposed to Putin's.

And that relates to what I said how??? Please follow along in the conversation at hand rather than just spouting out stupid rhetoric. BTW, there are a lot less people living in Russia, so for the record, there would be less for and against Putin. Secondly, you have zero understanding of how the political climate can change overnight.

I am on the side of America having a bit of fucking dignity. Russia has handed us our hat a couple of times now. Don'tcha think it's time to regroup and get a WORKING strategy?

And as far as you STUPENDOUSLY STUPID comment. I could easily spin that bullshit around and say you liberals are on Obama's side at the expense of our countrys stature.

And what makes them more ridiculous is that not one of these Obama critics has any better ideas as to what we should be doing.

I gave an idea in the op. Stop making idiotic statements you don't intend to back up. Is that idea so complicated you can't grasp it? Beyond that I'm pretty sure none of us were elected to solve these problems. But I'll tell you who was.....Obama.

We haven't heard your policy for dealing with the Ukraine situation, have we?

I gave an idea in the op. Stop making idiotic statements you don't intend to back up. Is that idea so complicated you can't grasp it? Beyond that I'm pretty sure none of us were elected to solve these problems. But I'll tell you who was.....Obama.

Is the president not pursuing any measures to impact Russia?

Can you prove that?

Forum List

Back