President Obama needs to STOP spouting off red line, threats & demands

Russia invades Ukraine, and the cons rag on Obama. Shows who's side the republicans are on.

I am on the side of America having a bit of fucking dignity. Russia has handed us our hat a couple of times now. Don'tcha think it's time to regroup and get a WORKING strategy?

And as far as you STUPENDOUSLY STUPID comment. I could easily spin that bullshit around and say you liberals are on Obama's side at the expense of our countrys stature.

Should Obama ask Congress for an authorization for the use of force against Russia? Would that make you happy?

Russia invades Ukraine, and the cons rag on Obama. Shows who's side the republicans are on.

The budapest memorandum, signed by bill clinton, john major, boris yeltsin and leonid kruchma, promised to uphold the territorial integrity of ukraine, in return for ukraine giving up its nuclear weapons. This has to do with obligations to the treaty that we and britain signed with ukraine, offering protection to them if attacked, for their giving up nuclear weapons.

I am on the side of America having a bit of fucking dignity. Russia has handed us our hat a couple of times now. Don'tcha think it's time to regroup and get a WORKING strategy?

And as far as you STUPENDOUSLY STUPID comment. I could easily spin that bullshit around and say you liberals are on Obama's side at the expense of our countrys stature.

Should Obama ask Congress for an authorization for the use of force against Russia? Would that make you happy?

I told you what I thought he should do. Is it that hard to understand? Constantly getting into a pissing match with Putin serves what purpose exactly?
And why would we goto war over Ukraine? They are not one of our allies. No ethnic cleansing is occuring. Civillians are not being slaughtered in mass.
When Bush made statements like this you all called him a cowboy but for some strange reason when Obama makes threats he gets a pass. What the fuck is up with that? Where is the anti war left? Where is code pink? Where is the msm to give us daily or hourly negative coverage?

Last edited:
His bluff has been called REPEATEDLY and he is only making himself and worse, us as a nation, look impotent in the eyes of the world. Making statements of condemnation are fine but drawing imaginary lines that the world knows you won't enforce if crossed is just terribly stupid.

Obama claimed he was going to restore our image abroad. Well we went from being considered dangerous cowboys (libs term not mine) to the little boys that cried wolf.

Russia is having their way with us right now and it is pretty embarrassing.

Obama PLEASE shut your trap and stay on the golf course.

Our image abroad is fine; seriously. But you're right about drawing lines and bluffing...there was little to be gained by this latest pronouncement by Obama either strategically or militarily. As you know, I usaully support Obama but as he did with Syria and now Ukraine...he has to know when there is zero American influence in the area and stay quiet.

Spinning, so that's why you're so dizzy. Shrub's invasion of Iraq threw your dignity in the shit hole.

Spinning, so that's why you're so dizzy. Shrub's invasion of Iraq threw your dignity in the shit hole.

Iraq violated the cease fire treaty they signed with us 19 times. I supported the war but not the way it was conducted.

But tell me what does Bush actually backing up our threats have to do with this situation?

Not a damn thing. Well, other than the fact that Bush didn't spout off without meaning it.

His bluff has been called REPEATEDLY and he is only making himself and worse, us as a nation, look impotent in the eyes of the world. Making statements of condemnation are fine but drawing imaginary lines that the world knows you won't enforce if crossed is just terribly stupid.

Obama claimed he was going to restore our image abroad. Well we went from being considered dangerous cowboys (libs term not mine) to the little boys that cried wolf.

It is of course a tad more complicated than that. If we say nothing we appear weak and encourage this kind of thing from others (especially India v Pakistan over their own disputed area Cashmere; to say nothing of China and Taiwan.) If we make threats and don't follow through on them we appear equally weak. What we do involves the entire world, not just Russia, Ukraine, and Crimea. So far, what's been said by the US is par for the course. President Obama HAS to say something.

No, Obama has to do something. So far he has done nothing but flap his gums. Putin out and out lied to him 2 days ago. We have treaty obligations with Ukraine. If Obama weasels out of them then we will have zero credibility. All of our obligations will be seen as expendible.

We haven't heard your policy for dealing with the Ukraine situation, have we?
How about this, obama shouldn't have made the red line threat knowing it was a bluff to begin with. Putin wouldn't know obama is a little boy, in a man's body. We wouldn't be in this situation. In other words obama needs to shut up. Next he is going to offer putin a beer summit.

Better to sit there and look impotent then to open your mouth and prove it.

^^^^^Mouth open.

I'm not the one drawing lines in the sand.
If obammy's not gong to follow through he needs to STFU.

What line in the sand did Obama draw? You're the one that needs to STFU.

But tell me what does Bush actually backing up our threats have to do with this situation?
What threat has Obama made? Saying there will be a price to pay if Russia invades is not a threat of war. Ever hear of economic sanctions? Be honest, you'd rag on Obama if he did make threats, or if he doesn't. Have tampon for your rag.

Republicans are so anti-American they won't back their president no matter what he does or says. The GOP is Al Qaeda's best weapon.

Dignity? From the likes of you?

^^^^^Mouth open.

I'm not the one drawing lines in the sand.
If obammy's not gong to follow through he needs to STFU.

What line in the sand did Obama draw? You're the one that needs to STFU.

What threat has Obama made? Saying there will be a price to pay if Russia invades is not a threat of war. Ever hear of economic sanctions? Be honest, you'd rag on Obama if he did make threats, or if he doesn't. Have tampon for your rag.

You are obviously ill informed.

President Bush Sr. drew a line in the sand against Saddam Hussein in 1990. He backed it up in 1991;

it took us more than 20 years to clean up his, and his dimwit son's, mess.

Odd, I could have sworn Desert storm was over in less than a year.

Republicans are so anti-American they won't back their president no matter what he does or says. The GOP is Al Qaeda's best weapon.

Let him make a good decision that doesn't put us in danger and I have no problem supporting him.

He hasnt made one yet, but even a broken clock is right once or twice a day.

No, Obama has to do something. So far he has done nothing but flap his gums. Putin out and out lied to him 2 days ago. We have treaty obligations with Ukraine. If Obama weasels out of them then we will have zero credibility. All of our obligations will be seen as expendible.

What exactly does this treaty say?

Forum List

Back