President Obama on Trayvon Martin

So we are going to believe that even though Zimmerman is 100 lbs heavier than Martin, who was, after all, still legally a child, this kid was beating his ass so bad that he just had to whip out a gun and shoot him.
When I was seventeen I was almost as big as my father and was already an accomplished wrestler on the YMCA's Junior Squad. Even at that age I was capable of taking a much bigger man down and hurting him. The point being, don't dismiss viable possibilities.

When the police arrived they report finding Zimmerman bleeding from the nose and from an open cut on his head, his clothing was wet in back and covered with grass stains indicating a violent struggle. Zimmerman's lawyer has issued a statement saying Zimmerman suffered a broken nose and a cut on back of his head that required stitches to close. If all this is true, without opposing testimony it could support Zimmerman's assertion that he acted in self defense.

Another relevant factor which thus far has not been mentioned are news reports saying this incident took place in a gated community, which could be a pivotal circumstance in that it might (depending on local ordinance) afford Zimmerman, or any other resident, a perfectly legal right to pursue, confront and question Martin as to his presence there.

On that basis would you say it is reasonable to wait for the outcome of a thorough investigation? Or would you say that much of what we're seeing and hearing, both in this thread and in general, is suggestive of lynch-mob mentality?

Let's not forget, the 9-11 dispatcher told Zimmerman to NOT follow the kid.
That is not factual. The Dispatcher did not issue an instruction. He said "We don't need you to do that," which is an advisement.

He then blurted out a racist epitath.
That fact alone, however distasteful, does not in itself determine guilt or innocence.

I just don't see how Zimmerman weasels his way out of this one.
With the attention this case is getting I'm quite certain the letter of the Law will be followed without bias.

I figure a lot of red-necks are stocking up on ammo right about now.
They were long before this latist bit of buffoonery...

From April 16th, 2009:

Fear and Greed Have Sales of Guns and Ammo Shooting Up

Gun crime continues to decrease, despite increase in gun sales

yep, crime and homicides are down except in gun control cities and states. 2011 was a record year for gun sales in Virginia. I sure as hell did my part and have already bought two this year.

A guy chases an unarmed black kid down, gets in a fight with him, and shoots him.

Clearly a case of self defense.

Has anyone ever told you that you're an intellectual giant?

I didn't think so.

I noticed that the white libs around here all of the sudden think they're black.

I wonder how many of them would even allow one of those hoody'd brothers in their home?

You've noticed that, huh? And pray tell, what is it that made you "notice" such a silly thing?

A guy chases an unarmed black kid down, gets in a fight with him, and shoots him.

I didn't think so.

I noticed that the white libs around here all of the sudden think they're black.

I wonder how many of them would even allow one of those hoody'd brothers in their home?

They've been doing that for years. They control the minority vote so therefore think they can say the N word and act like they feel the minority pain. Would be laughable if not so pathetic. I'd like to bring some of them into my classroom for a little interaction. See if they could relate or talk black and shit.

I didn't think so.

White Liberals feel they speak best for African Americans. They're very arrogant & dimwitted that way. And the answer to your question is, not many of them.

I figure a lot of red-necks are stocking up on ammo right about now.
They were long before this latist bit of buffoonery...

From April 16th, 2009:

Fear and Greed Have Sales of Guns and Ammo Shooting Up

Gun crime continues to decrease, despite increase in gun sales

yep, crime and homicides are down except in gun control cities and states. 2011 was a record year for gun sales in Virginia. I sure as hell did my part and have already bought two this year.

I am exercising the 2nd to the umteenth degree...

I didn't think so.

You've noticed that, huh? And pray tell, what is it that made you "notice" such a silly thing?

What was that?

Sounded like a mouse farting.:lol:

I wonder if any journalist will actually try to find out what kind of kid Trayvan Martin was.

What kind of kid is George Zimmerman?

We do know Martin was suspended fro school in the past...

Al Sharpton Dismisses Self-Defense Argument in Shooting of Teen

We’re also learning more about Trayvon Martin. According to reporters he had been suspended from school. The International Business Times says Martin’s suspension was due to last for 10 days. But what exactly was he suspended for in the first place? Sources sympathetic to Martin say he was suspended for “excessive tardiness.” However, a quick review of both the local policies for Martin’s school, the Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School, and of the Miami-Dade school district’s district-wide policies, raise some doubts. According to Miami-Dade policy, in order to get a suspension of 10 days, Martin would have had to either commit “repeated, serious or habitual” acts of the following:

Go to the link to see the circumstances and policy for cause to suspend...I am not going to repost it...

Are the loons over at CNN & NBC still calling Zimmerman 'White?' Anyone have an update on that?

As to zimmerman's past? I see he was an analyst...

Trayvon Martin: New photo, details of George Zimmerman's employment

Information provided to the Sentinel by one source indicates that Zimmerman has not been to work since the shooting. His title was "forensic loan review analyst" — basically an underwriter.
A source also provided a more recent photo of Zimmerman than the 2005 mugshot that has been the primary image of him in the media. The new photo shows him smiling in a suit and tie.
Records show that he previously worked for used-car retailer CarMax and at a Lake Mary insurance company.

A spokeswoman for Digital Risk declined to confirm Zimmerman's employment, saying the firm does not release information about personnel. However, a source confirmed an internal email was circulated within the company, advising that an unnamed employee had received substantial media attention.

Employees were told in the email that the media attention was unrelated to his work, the source said.
The ex-employee who spoke to the Sentinel expressed shock about the shooting. That source described Zimmerman as an outgoing and friendly man

Whatever. We will see the outcome when the State asesses the situation.

Last edited:

Do you have all the evidence? Why are you so quick to judge? We had a US Senator that was driving a vehicle in which his actions caused the death of a young women, he was questioned and nothing ever came of it. With the Weiner case we are told to wait until all the evidence comes in, He resigned first.

Why is there such a double standard in this case?

Kennedy was charged with leaving the scene of an accident; it cost him a chance at the presidency. I would never have voted for him after that; should he have been charged with a more serious crime? I was too young at the time to have an opinion. Foley wasn't charged, nor was Cheney. No deaths in those cases.

Seems Trayvan was under suspension from school......and a witness who saw the whole thing has come forward to state that Trayvan attacked Zimmerman.

Looks like another one is beginning to fall apart for the lefties. Can you say Tawana Brawley???

Some of the worst bullies in my school had parents that would never admit they had a rotten kid.

His mother allowed Al Sharpton and others to manipulate the situation knowing full well that the if the facts were to come to light the whole mess would blow up in their faces.

In September 2007, when he was asked whether he thought it was important for the US to have a black president, Sharpton said, "It would be a great moment as long as the black candidate was supporting the interest that would inevitably help our people. A lot of my friends went with Clarence Thomas and regret it to this day. I don't assume that just because somebody's my color, they're my kind. But I'm warming up to Obama, but I'm not there yet."[52]

Last edited:
The president didn't have to say anything....he doesn't have the facts on the case either.
But he did, and it looks like he stuck his foot in his mouth again.
But, this sure looks like a political side track for the president use.
"Never let a crisis go to waste."

Only the president shouldn't comment? The GOP is free to answer question or comment just not him.

Got it.

Oh it was in this thread, Why didn't you respond to this quote of mine?
A smart candidate wouldn't say much, if at all, until the facts of the crime or crimes come out. Maybe they'll speak about it when the facts emerge in the case.

So far Ron Paul is the only one smart enough to keep his mouth shut about it, but then again he's not a 'REAL' candidate, right?

Seems Trayvan was under suspension from school......and a witness who saw the whole thing has come forward to state that Trayvan attacked Zimmerman.

Looks like another one is beginning to fall apart for the lefties.

Some of the worst bullies in my school had parents that would never admit they had a rotten kid.

This woman allowed Al Sharpton and others to manipulate the situation knowing full well that the if the facts were to come to light the whole mess would blow up in their faces.

And blow up it might...we will see what the State has to say of it.

Do you have all the evidence? Why are you so quick to judge? We had a US Senator that was driving a vehicle in which his actions caused the death of a young women, he was questioned and nothing ever came of it. With the Weiner case we are told to wait until all the evidence comes in, He resigned first.

Kennedy was charged with leaving the scene of an accident; it cost him a chance at the presidency. I would never have voted for him after that; should he have been charged with a more serious crime? I was too young at the time to have an opinion. Foley wasn't charged, nor was Cheney. No deaths in those cases.

It cost him the Presidency? Poor guy, he cost Mary Jo her life, if you had the choice would you choose the Presidency or your life? I'm thinking she would have chose life.

It cost him the Presidency? Poor guy, he cost Mary Jo her life, if you had the choice would you choose the Presidency or your life? I'm thinking she would have chose life.

:clap2:Priorities, eh? I'm sure Teddy is doing his mea culpa to her right about now in Heaven...:eusa_whistle:

:clap2:Priorities, eh? I'm sure Teddy is doing his mea culpa to her right about now in Heaven...:eusa_whistle:
Heaven?

Doubtful

Forum List

Back