President Orders 5,000 Troops to US Border

In Mexico. Tent cities are a deterrent for others who may be considering doing the same. It takes at least three years to get a court hearing for asylum. The last guy allowed them into the country, detained them for a couple of weeks, then let them out into the public until their hearing date. Problem is, most of them never showed up because they knew their claim was phony, but they snuck into the country anyway.

So now Trump is going to keep them outside of the country. If you want to wait three years in a tent for your court date, be my guest. If he goes through with it (which it seems he is) then others will get the message and not form any more caravans to come to the US. You're not getting in period.

So if I'm understanding this right.....these tent cities are definitely going to be in Mexico?

Correct, at least according to Trump. He said that nobody will enter our country, but they are allowed to live in these tents until their hearing date.

They were never coming here for asylum. They are coming here to use asylum as an excuse to enter the country legally until their hearing date. Trump is putting a stop to that.

So Mexico gave the OK for these tents to be in their territory?

I'm asking only because I don't know enough about that situation.

I don't know how they could object. If we just closed the borders (which they would never want) then those people would be there anyway or have to trek back to their country. As long as we're funding this camp sight, I don't see how they would mind. I'm sure they are not happy about people from other countries using their country to get to the US all the time. They want it stopped as well. This move by Trump could very well accomplish that.

It's almost a perfect plan really. The only way there could be a problem is (like always) liberals and their media.

Hey Ray, what kind of bet do you wanna make that the tent cities are going to be here in the USA? There is no way in hell that Mexico is going to allow US troops in their borders to build tent compounds for detaining refugees that haven't even gotten to the US yet. Not only that, but they don't have any authority, border patrol or otherwise, to detain anyone on Mexican soil.

If you believe that Trump is going to put the tent cities in Mexico, you're dumber than I thought.

BTW................wanna place bets on it? How much can you afford to lose?

And...............here's a link that says Trump will build them in the USA. Pay attention to the last part where he says if they don't get asylum after being held, then they are kicked out.

Trump says U.S. will build "tent cities" to host asylum-seekers

President Trump, during an interview with Fox News' Laura Ingraham on Monday, said that his administration plans to build "tent cities" to hold immigrants who have entered the U.S., applied for asylum and are awaiting trial.

"If they apply for asylum, we are going to hold them ... We are going to build tent cities. We're going to put tents up all over the place. We're not going to build structures and ... spend all of these of hundreds of millions of dollars. We are going to have tents, they are going to be very nice, and they are going to wait. And if they don't get asylum, they get out."
— President Trump on the Ingraham Angle

Funny. Even though I watched it live, I thought perhaps you caught something I missed, but that didn't happen.

Nowhere in that clip did Trump say "who have entered the US." I played it three times. Now unless you can give me a timestamp of those exact words, then you are lying. He never said those who have entered.

So if I'm understanding this right.....these tent cities are definitely going to be in Mexico?

Correct, at least according to Trump. He said that nobody will enter our country, but they are allowed to live in these tents until their hearing date.

They were never coming here for asylum. They are coming here to use asylum as an excuse to enter the country legally until their hearing date. Trump is putting a stop to that.

I don't know how they could object. If we just closed the borders (which they would never want) then those people would be there anyway or have to trek back to their country. As long as we're funding this camp sight, I don't see how they would mind. I'm sure they are not happy about people from other countries using their country to get to the US all the time. They want it stopped as well. This move by Trump could very well accomplish that.

It's almost a perfect plan really. The only way there could be a problem is (like always) liberals and their media.

Hey Ray, what kind of bet do you wanna make that the tent cities are going to be here in the USA? There is no way in hell that Mexico is going to allow US troops in their borders to build tent compounds for detaining refugees that haven't even gotten to the US yet. Not only that, but they don't have any authority, border patrol or otherwise, to detain anyone on Mexican soil.

If you believe that Trump is going to put the tent cities in Mexico, you're dumber than I thought.

And...............here's a link that says Trump will build them in the USA. Pay attention to the last part where he says if they don't get asylum after being held, then they are kicked out.

President Trump, during an interview with Fox News' Laura Ingraham on Monday, said that his administration plans to build "tent cities" to hold immigrants who have entered the U.S., applied for asylum and are awaiting trial.

"If they apply for asylum, we are going to hold them ... We are going to build tent cities. We're going to put tents up all over the place. We're not going to build structures and ... spend all of these of hundreds of millions of dollars. We are going to have tents, they are going to be very nice, and they are going to wait. And if they don't get asylum, they get out."

Funny. Even though I watched it live, I thought perhaps you caught something I missed, but that didn't happen.

Nowhere in that clip did Trump say "who have entered the US." I played it three times. Now unless you can give me a timestamp of those exact words, then you are lying. He never said those who have entered.

Trump said (and it's in my post where I quoted him as well), "We are going to have tents, they are going to be very nice, and they are going to wait. And if they don't get asylum, they get out".

When Trump said "if they don't get asylum, they get out". Basically, he's saying they will come across, be housed in tent cities, and if they don't get granted asylum, they get out, meaning they are deported.

Are you willing to take the bet? I'm betting the tent cities are going to be built in the USA, not Mexico, because if we built them in Mexico, then the military would be invading Mexico.

Trump said (and it's in my post where I quoted him as well), "We are going to have tents, they are going to be very nice, and they are going to wait. And if they don't get asylum, they get out".

When Trump said "if they don't get asylum, they get out". Basically, he's saying they will come across, be housed in tent cities, and if they don't get granted asylum, they get out, meaning they are deported.

Are you willing to take the bet? I'm betting the tent cities are going to be built in the USA, not Mexico, because if we built them in Mexico, then the military would be invading Mexico.

I'm sure Mexicans could care less about us being there. But again, nowhere did Trump state they will be in the country. Get out means get out of the tents and go home.

But because I watched the entire interview and not only what MSM presented, I knew what he said, so I went and got it. Listen carefully when Trump said "the caravan is not getting into the country." Laura was talking over him at that point however you can clearly hear him say that. Place the curser at the 13:00 timeline.

The military must protect us from dangerous women and children.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Major ass wart hypocrite here..

US bolsters Mexico border troops
tapatalk_1541344813636.jpeg

The military must protect us from dangerous women and children.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Major ass wart hypocrite here..

US bolsters Mexico border troops
.View attachment 226854

Pretty much all ya got left.. Especially when faced with the facts that your party leadership sang a completely diff tune on immigration not even 10 years ago. So your choice is between being hypocrites or appeals to emotion. Not even PART of the solutions.. Don't have any desire to fix things.

I'm sure Mexicans could care less about us being there. But again, nowhere did Trump state they will be in the country. Get out means get out of the tents and go home.

But because I watched the entire interview and not only what MSM presented, I knew what he said, so I went and got it. Listen carefully when Trump said "the caravan is not getting into the country." Laura was talking over him at that point however you can clearly hear him say that. Place the curser at the 13:00 timeline.

Trump says a lot of things.

The fact is that if we are building them they will be built on our soil - there is just no way around that. If we are not building them then sure - they can be wherever the caravan can get to.

If we put them up though that is going to be pretty counter productive - it will end up costing more than letting them in and that is not solving anything.

The fact is that if we are building them they will be built on our soil - there is just no way around that. If we are not building them then sure - they can be wherever the caravan can get to.

If we put them up though that is going to be pretty counter productive - it will end up costing more than letting them in and that is not solving anything.

It solves a lot as other caravans are forming and intending to come here.

If this works and they don't step one foot on American soil, that will be the end of caravans until the next Democrat President. WTF would venture all this way only to sit outside of a border?

If this works and they don't step one foot on American soil, that will be the end of caravans until the next Democrat President. WTF would venture all this way only to sit outside of a border?

Years of free room and board even if it is in a tent. And again, if they are building the tents it is a fact that they are here. If they are not building tents then this is moot.

Do you not know what the conditions are like where these guys come from? A tent with a guaranteed meal is like the Ritz. That is why they are willing to walk a thousand miles just to get here with nothing at all.

Years of free room and board even if it is in a tent. And again, if they are building the tents it is a fact that they are here. If they are not building tents then this is moot.

Do you not know what the conditions are like where these guys come from? A tent with a guaranteed meal is like the Ritz. That is why they are willing to walk a thousand miles just to get here with nothing at all.

Their main goal is to get into the US and disappear. I don't think they would come all that way to be in a tent for three or four years, then have to turn around and go home. If that's the case, let's send them tents and keep them in their own countries.

Their main goal is to get into the US and disappear. I don't think they would come all that way to be in a tent for three or four years, then have to turn around and go home. If that's the case, let's send them tents and keep them in their own countries.

I disagree - I think they would. I know I would if I were them.

Forum List

Back