President to use recess appointment for CFPB :-)

Here's a good piece on the recent recess appointments by the President...
Cordray's Recess Appointment Sure Doesn't Look Constitutional To Me

As someone who strongly supported a recess appointment for Richard Cordray to run the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, I'm confused as to why President Obama chose to act today.

The trouble is that the Senate isn't in recess. For complicated reasons the Republicans have the ability to prevent the Senate from going into recess, and they have done so in order to maximize the difficulty of Obama making recess appointments. The White House maintains that keeping the Senate in pro forma session is a stupid gimmick, which is certainly true. It further maintains that because it is a stupid gimmick, that gives the president the right to act as though the Senate were in recess.

Maybe there's a stronger legal foundation to the president's decision that I don't know about. But based on what I've seen so far, I'm having trouble understanding how the recess appointment of Cordray can possibly withstand a legal challenge. And I'm really having trouble understanding why Obama didn't take advantage of his constitutional window yesterday, when the Senate was in-arguably in recess.

I'm beginning to think that if there were a more solid justification for Obama's action someone would have made it by now.

Came for the USMB right wingnut brigade butthurt.

Leaving satisfied.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just saying.....

RNC Recess Appointments while Congress is actually in Recess...... 100% :clap:

DNC Recess Appointments while Congress is actually in Recess......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0AU5Mckb3Q]Mel & Tim - Backfield in Motion - YouTube[/ame]
Mel & Tim - Backfield in Motion

Leaving satisfied.

Yup, "The Great Divider" strikes again.

Campaigning is the only thing he can do right short of letting the military snuff someone.

Makes one long for the days when Clinton was in power. At least he knew how to govern.

Last edited:

Leaving satisfied.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5njDmUMhfa0&feature=related]Apples Peaches Pumpkin Pie - Jay & The Techniques - YouTube[/ame]
Apples Peaches Pumpkin Pie - Jay & The Techniques :eusa_whistle:

Leaving satisfied.

Campaigning is the only thing he can do right right short of letting the military snuff someone.

Makes one long for the days when Clinton was in power. At least he knew how to govern.

Yup Reagan and Clinton worked with Congress. They were leaders.

The only time Barry wants to be a leader is when he's running for office.

Of course he can't run on his sucky record so he's gonna run against Congress. True leadership.

Just to be clear, the left has now said ILLEGAL, UNCONSTITUTIONAL actions by a President, ANY President, are ok if he says they are. Is that the general consensus of the left?

Leaving satisfied.

Campaigning is the only thing he can do right right short of letting the military snuff someone.

Yup Reagan and Clinton worked with Congress. They were leaders.

The only time Barry wants to be a leader is when he's running for office.

Of course he can't run on his sucky record so he's gonna run against Congress. True leadership.

What is so amazing is the complicity in the cooking of the books. Who is not a part of the charade?

Po' little 'Conservatives'. The President just doubled down. How do you like that. Hope he fills all the judicial seats now, also.

What comes around goes around. This may be your last shot at destroying the Republic. ;)

Po' little 'Conservatives'. The President just doubled down. How do you like that. Hope he fills all the judicial seats now, also.

Waste of his effort if Congress doesn't approve them or fund their programs. They are in session after all.

I can still hear Reid screaming when Bush did the same thing. Only Congress WASN'T in session when he did it. All nice and legal.

Leaving satisfied.

Clinton didn't have to deal with the kind of shit being dished out by this group, so you can shove that little comparison. These assholes aren't interested in letting this Prez govern.

Leaving satisfied.

Clinton didn't have to deal with the kind of shit being dished out by this group, so you can shove that little comparison. These assholes aren't interested in letting this Prez govern.

You just created a whole new draconian agency at our expense,accountable to the Executive Branch, not Congress, not the Court, and granted it untold powers over our lives, even oversight over Credit Reporting Agencies, and that part goes right over your head. Do you not even understand Totalitarianism? I will say this, you Guy's are fantastic at Targeting Freedom and Liberty.

Waste of his effort if Congress doesn't approve them or fund their programs. They are in session after all.

I can still hear Reid screaming when Bush did the same thing. Only Congress WASN'T in session when he did it. All nice and legal.

One gimmick move after another, designed to make the weak-minded think he's doing something of value.

What was wrong with the Consumer Protection Agency we already have?

One gimmick move after another, designed to make the weak-minded think he's doing something of value.

You mean the consumer product safety commission? Finance is not really it's area of expertise.

You mean the consumer product safety commission? Finance is not really it's area of expertise.

So you're telling me there is no agency that covered finance???

No financial regulatory commission designed to protect consumers from " Preditory Lenders"??

Hummmmmm.

At work as we speak.

How's being a complete bitch going these days as you post?

Ask yourself...afterall you're mine.

PS: You're not working...you're posting on a message board while you blame President Obama for your failing business.

Obviously you are the cause of your own considerable, numerous, and abject failures.

I haven't mentioned my business in a while. Funny thing is my failing business was awarded the Super Service Award a couple weeks ago from Angieslist.

You, however continue to be a bitch daily.

So...how many sales calls COULD you be making instead of complaining about the poor business climate? I'm guessing several....too bad you don't care.

Don't worry, you can always blame someone else for your lot in life.

Forum List

Back