President Trump pursues coal, President Xi pursues AI

President Trump pursues coal, President Xi pursues AI ( Artificial Intelligence)
While Trump is chasing the past, President Xi, of China, chases the future.
China is doubling down on pursuit of AI. They want to be the leader of the world in AI development and utilization.
Trump will make the US number one in coal and buggy whips.

Oh, sheesh. Really? Actually, Trump has backed big jumps in federal spending on AI research and development.

Artificial Intelligence for the American People | The White House

Does it ever, ever occur to you folks to do a little bit of research before you post these erroneous attacks on Trump and the Republicans? Anyone who follows AI, as I do, knows that the Trump administration has been downright *great* about backing funding for AI research and development.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
for showing us how a Trump minion determines their view of the world.
In this case they used a memorandum from Trump's White House. We know how balanced they are.
Your main source is straight from the mouth of Trump or from his tweets; 2nd White House; 3rd Fox

You fricking idiot, try reading balanced reports from several sources to get the true facts. Start with the 5 articles below.
AI will cause as many problems for people and countries as opportunities. It must be addressed aggressively by individuals and government.
China's Brave New World Of AI

Made in China 2025: Forget cheap goods, think world's best artificial intelligence

China attracts 60% of global AI investment: report - Global Times

China’s AI industry gets the most funding, but lags US in key talent

How China Is Trying to Become the World’s Leader in Artificial Intelligence – Adweek

President Trump pursues coal, President Xi pursues AI ( Artificial Intelligence)
China is doubling down on pursuit of AI. They want to be the leader of the world in AI development and utilization.

Oh, sheesh. Really? Actually, Trump has backed big jumps in federal spending on AI research and development.

Does it ever, ever occur to you folks to do a little bit of research before you post these erroneous attacks on Trump and the Republicans? Anyone who follows AI, as I do, knows that the Trump administration has been downright *great* about backing funding for AI research and development.

I agree. Loads of these threads are put up by dummy's who never bother to research what they put up. If they did they wouldn't put them up and end up looking like lefty loon idiots.
Dummy? Lefty Loon idiot?
You and MikeG are great examples of the Trump minions. You work on simplistic or plain false information fed to you by our President, his White House and the far right press.
You do not do well with complexity. Trump's motto is keep it simple for the stupid, "my people".
Please read the 5 articles in my previous post, or have someone read them to you.
It is not so simple to take the few steps the Trump administration has done with AI up to this point.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
for showing us how a Trump minion determines their view of the world.
In this case they used a memorandum from Trump's White House. We know how balanced they are.
Your main source is straight from the mouth of Trump or from his tweets; 2nd White House; 3rd Fox

You fricking idiot, try reading balanced reports from several sources to get the true facts. Start with the 5 articles below.
AI will cause as many problems for people and countries as opportunities. It must be addressed aggressively by individuals and government.
China's Brave New World Of AI

Made in China 2025: Forget cheap goods, think world's best artificial intelligence

China attracts 60% of global AI investment: report - Global Times

China’s AI industry gets the most funding, but lags US in key talent

How China Is Trying to Become the World’s Leader in Artificial Intelligence – Adweek
MikeG, I am guessing you are a slow reader but you should have had time to read the articles I provided.
Since I did not hear differently, I think you realize that I am correct about you and all Trumpsters lack of broad balance knowledge on any subject.
Knowledge will set you free. Do not let the con man Trump, con you any further

You are correct that private business is pursuing AI in both US and China. Government is supporting in both countries but much more by the Chinese government. The biggest market for AI will be China for both US and Chinese companies.
China has trailed US in AI development until recently. The Chinese are leading in many areas of development and implementation.
So, what do you recommend we do about that?

I agree. Loads of these threads are put up by dummy's who never bother to research what they put up. If they did they wouldn't put them up and end up looking like lefty loon idiots.
Dummy? Lefty Loon idiot?
You and MikeG are great examples of the Trump minions. You work on simplistic or plain false information fed to you by our President, his White House and the far right press.
You do not do well with complexity. Trump's motto is keep it simple for the stupid, "my people".
Please read the 5 articles in my previous post, or have someone read them to you.
It is not so simple to take the few steps the Trump administration has done with AI up to this point.
Claudette, I am waiting for your apology for calling me the insulting names.
After reading the articles, I am sure you realize how smart am and how correct I am.
Follow my knowledge to make yourself a better person.

Dummy? Lefty Loon idiot?
After reading the articles, I am sure you realize how smart am and how correct I am.

LMAO

You are correct that private business is pursuing AI in both US and China. Government is supporting in both countries but much more by the Chinese government. The biggest market for AI will be China for both US and Chinese companies.
China has trailed US in AI development until recently. The Chinese are leading in many areas of development and implementation.
So, what do you recommend we do about that?
We need to educate the population on what jobs will be enhanced by AI and the economy in general of the future. We do not want the rhetoric and actions from the top to indicate to our citizens that the future will be with manufacturing and coal, The rhetoric and actions from the top must be to create as many jobs as possible but we must look to the reality of the future to try and have the right skills. Unfortunately, AI will decrease jobs in manufacturing and coal.

The government must support AI research by private companies in all disciplines including private sector, education, government and military. Right now the majority of the support from the US government is on the military side.
The key is for the rhetoric and actions from the top to be realistic and have a balance of maximizing today's economy with consideration of the future economy.
Trump is selling the future for quick economic gains, today. He is selling the US public a bunch of lies to support his actions.
Coal and AI are just one example.

Dummy? Lefty Loon idiot?

LMAO
Claudette, tell me what you thought of the articles. Tell me why they did not prove my initial post correct.

We need to educate the population on what jobs will be enhanced by AI and the economy in general of the future. We do not want the rhetoric and actions from the top to indicate to our citizens that the future will be with manufacturing and coal, The rhetoric and actions from the top must be to create as many jobs as possible but we must look to the reality of the future to try and have the right skills. Unfortunately, AI will decrease jobs in manufacturing and coal.

The government must support AI research by private companies in all disciplines including private sector, education, government and military. Right now the majority of the support from the US government is on the military side.
The key is for the rhetoric and actions from the top to be realistic and have a balance of maximizing today's economy with consideration of the future economy.
Trump is selling the future for quick economic gains, today. He is selling the US public a bunch of lies to support his actions.
Why can't he do both?

Coal production is no barrier to AI research. Universities can and do get research funding. Why is coal holding that up?

Why can't he do both?

Coal production is no barrier to AI research. Universities can and do get research funding. Why is coal holding that up?

He could; but his rhetoric shows what he is emphasizing.
Trump likes actions that provide immediate measurable results no matter what problems they may provide for the future.
Trump needs to balance the future with the present and work with the truth not made up facts.

He could; but his rhetoric shows what he is emphasizing.
Trump likes actions that provide immediate measurable results no matter what problems they may provide for the future.
Trump needs to balance the future with the present and work with the truth not made up facts.
Well.....I agree.

:dunno: :beer:

Write him a letter.

Ya might want to save your pissing and moaning for when they outsource your job to Chinese AI....dumbass.

Case Ya Didnt know in the US most research is done by business. I have no doubt Darpa is deep into AI,,,,I know Microsoft Goog….IBM Nvidia,,,,and host of others are too
It could be because the Chinese government owns at least 25% of every business in China.

Case Ya Didnt know in the US most research is done by business. I have no doubt Darpa is deep into AI,,,,I know Microsoft Goog….IBM Nvidia,,,,and host of others are too
So you're saying that the government must spearhead and support the development of AI for it to be considered worthwhile. Government, government, government. That's all you leftist traitors live for. So while the Chinese government forces (Communism) Chinese companies to develop AI for the Chinese government - not for profit - U.S. private companies already have developed this technology at a much faster pace - for profit - so fast, in fact, that the Chinese have been caught numerous times in the act of stealing our technology.
Feed 'em fish.

Ya might want to save your pissing and moaning for when they outsource your job to Chinese AI....dumbass.
You are the dumb ass. Smart people are looking at jobs will not be farmed out or eliminated by AT instead of complaining about it.
You sound like a whiner not a doer. Or you could be a coal miner and be happy for the rest of your life, until you die of black lung disease.

You are the dumb ass. Smart people are looking at jobs will not be farmed out or eliminated by AT instead of complaining about it.
You sound like a whiner not a doer. Or you could be a coal miner and be happy for the rest of your life, until you die of black lung disease.

Well, hopefully you don't screw up that interview by calling it AT...dumbass.

So you're saying that the government must spearhead and support the development of AI for it to be considered worthwhile. Government, government, government. That's all you leftist traitors live for. So while the Chinese government forces (Communism) Chinese companies to develop AI for the Chinese government - not for profit - U.S. private companies already have developed this technology at a much faster pace - for profit - so fast, in fact, that the Chinese have been caught numerous times in the act of stealing our technology.
Feed 'em fish.
Why in the hell is government involved with helping the coal industry. I am saying if the government is going to put dollars into industries to help, they should do it in industries that have a bright future.

There is a huge profit motive in Communist China. There are more billionaires in China than the USA. A majority of the international private investment money going into AI is going to Chinese companies. The private investment is out to make as much money as possible not help the Chinese government.

Well, hopefully you don't screw up that interview by calling it AT...dumbass.
Good come back. You are sharp as a tack.

Forum List

Back