President Trump sending feds to Chicago to stop black genocide under Rahm Emanuel

Twenty ATF staffers...

Enough to say he kept his promise...

Insufficient to do jack-$hit...

Like Drumpf gives a rat's ass about the inner cities, except as window-dressing for vote-getting...

Wanna REALLY get something done in that $hithole?

Federalize the Illinois National Guard for a year's active duty (and hazardous duty pay), and declare martial law for a year, within affected Chicago neighborhoods...

Putting the Chicago Police Department under Federal military jurisdiction, within those neighborhoods...

During that time, they go house-to-house and seize all firearms for which a valid permit does not exist...

Anyone caught carrying without a carry-permit gets shipped to Gitmo for "special rehabilitation"...
Sieg Heil!
Calm yourself, Little One...

While i agree Chicago is in bad shape, where does the federal government have authority to do this?
The Preamble of the Constitution of the United States of America?

"...insure domestic tranquility..."

The preamble is not a grant of authority. It's a statement of why they created the constitution. And putting down rebellions is not the same as policing high crime areas.
It's all a matter of interpretation, isn't it? Juicy rationalizations work in the courtroom, too.

There is no room to interpret the preamble as a grant of authority. Supreme court said otherwise years ago
Link?

Meanwhile... any legal trickery or alternative bull$hit rationale will do quite nicely... no big deal.

Twenty ATF staffers...

Like Drumpf gives a rat's ass about the inner cities, except as window-dressing for vote-getting...

Federalize the Illinois National Guard for a year's active duty (and hazardous duty pay), and declare martial law for a year, within affected Chicago neighborhoods...

Putting the Chicago Police Department under Federal military jurisdiction, within those neighborhoods...

During that time, they go house-to-house and seize all firearms for which a valid permit does not exist...

Anyone caught carrying without a carry-permit gets shipped to Gitmo for "special rehabilitation"...
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
No problem... a legitimately-declared state of Martial Law takes care of that.
And all the #RightWrs will jump on board with this.

While i agree Chicago is in bad shape, where does the federal government have authority to do this?
It's in the F of the ATF. Sounds like they'll be going after the gun suppliers.

i doubt that. I suspect we will see them enforcing and prosecuting gun laws violated by criminals, that normally get plea bargained away or simply ignored.
That wouldn't make any sense to me. It makes much more sense to go after the supply of illegal guns, which is a main reason the ATF was formed.

I've heard of cities where they have focused on punishing the CRIMINAL MISUSE OF FIREARMS, and had dramatic results, to the point that armed criminals throw their guns away in a desperate attempt to not get the extra time.
What cities would those be.

Twenty ATF staffers...

Hardly.

It involves taking guns away from people, and locking people up for having guns.

Even if they are inner-city feral Black hoodlums.

Pity.

A period of martial law and widespread gun-seizures and related incarcerations within the West and South Sides of Chicago are probably the only thing that will do the trick.

Chicago will not get any such attention.

Nobody cares enough to do what is needed.

i doubt that. I suspect we will see them enforcing and prosecuting gun laws violated by criminals, that normally get plea bargained away or simply ignored.
That wouldn't make any sense to me. It makes much more sense to go after the supply of illegal guns, which is a main reason the ATF was formed.

I've heard of cities where they have focused on punishing the CRIMINAL MISUSE OF FIREARMS, and had dramatic results, to the point that armed criminals throw their guns away in a desperate attempt to not get the extra time.

Don't recall, it was years ago.

A period of martial law and widespread gun-seizures and related incarcerations within the West and South Sides of Chicago are probably the only thing that will do the trick.

Probably because that's unconstitutional as all hell.

Twenty ATF staffers...

Hardly.

It involves taking guns away from people, and locking people up for having guns.

Pity.

There are limits what anybody can do thanks to liberals.

Look and NYC. They had a very successful program that saved countless black lives called Stop and Frisk. In spite of it's great success, the liberals put a stop to it. They didn't care about the results, they cared about the action.

So remember that there are limits as to what the federal government can do, and to be quite honest, I have doubts about Trump's legal authority to send in those 20 agents. We might even see a lawsuit or court action by the city or state.

I have doubts about Trump's legal authority to send in those 20 agents. We might even see a lawsuit or court action by the city or state.
Where are they allowed to operate?

Well.....I would think that they are allowed to operate in situations that requires the federal government. Local issues and matters do not in most cases. It's like in the George Zimmerman case. Racist Holder said he would get even for Zimmerman being found not guilty, yet he really couldn't do anything because a local shooting does not require the federal government.

Or take a look at this battle over sanctuary cities. The federal government requires those cities to report immigrant felons to the federal government. Yet they have not for years and are challenging Trump by stating the federal government cannot force them to enforce federal laws.

Twenty ATF staffers...

Hardly.

Pity.

Look and NYC. They had a very successful program that saved countless black lives called Stop and Frisk. In spite of it's great success, the liberals put a stop to it. They didn't care about the results, they cared about the action.

So remember that there are limits as to what the federal government can do, and to be quite honest, I have doubts about Trump's legal authority to send in those 20 agents. We might even see a lawsuit or court action by the city or state.
Stop and Frisk is clearly unconstitutional. It has nothing to do with "liberals".

Of course.

Hardly.

Pity.

Stop and Frisk is clearly unconstitutional. It has nothing to do with "liberals".
Well, since the Constitution was written by liberals...he has a point....those dang liberals!

Of course.

Pretty much. I recall the gist of it, not the details.

The prosecutors stopped plea bargaining away gun charges and instead slamming them, perhaps with added fed charges? and once word got out, the criminals would throw away their guns when being chased by cops in an attempt to dodge the extra time.

Your assumption that my memory is sooo good that I must be lying if I claim to have forgotten details is flattering, but very incorrect. lol!

Hardly.

Pity.

Well, since the Constitution was written by liberals...he has a point....those dang liberals!

Yeah, sure it was. Our founders were all soon to be commies.

Hardly.

Pity.

It doesn't? Well then who stopped it?

So the program reduced shootings and black deaths, so get rid of it because some people felt it was unconstitutional, and allow the shootings and deaths to go back up. Does that make any sense to you?

Hardly.

Pity.

So the program reduced shootings and black deaths, so get rid of it because some people felt it was unconstitutional, and allow the shootings and deaths to go back up. Does that make any sense to you?

If you don't like it then write your congressman. Tell him why the 4th amendment should be repealed.

...Stop and Frisk is clearly unconstitutional. It has nothing to do with "liberals".
True.

It was a Liberal interpretation of the Constitution that halted the "Stop and Frisk" program.

A 5-4 SCOTUS should fix that.

A 6-3 SCOTUS (Ginsberg's not gonna last much longer) will definitely fix that.

Oh, and, Profiling, in legitimately-declared high-crime areas... time to bring that back, too.

Sounds like great fun.

Of course.

Pretty much. I recall the gist of it, not the details.

The prosecutors stopped plea bargaining away gun charges and instead slamming them, perhaps with added fed charges? and once word got out, the criminals would throw away their guns when being chased by cops in an attempt to dodge the extra time.

Your assumption that my memory is sooo good that I must be lying if I claim to have forgotten details is flattering, but very incorrect. lol!
Of course.....:eusa_whistle:

Hardly.

Pity.

Yes.

Forum List

Back