Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another response I'll post about

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Does the left ever listen to themselves?
Ban speech, Ban guns...... on and on it's endless.
Ban speech, ban guns, ban Christianity, ban tobacco, ban energy, ban tradition, ban jobs, ban resource development, ban individualism, ban enterprise, ban life.

Promote death, promote depravity, promote hatred, promote crime, promote violence.
That's the left, it always has been.

Yep!
They are the type that took over the woman rights movement in the 60's where a majority of women were active.
Then the fem Nazis (men haters) bullied their way in and took over.
Participation drooped dramatically.
It then stared being the few taking over the rest.

Last edited:
"The First Amendment applies to this digital forum in the same way it applies to town halls and open school board meetings," he said.

Wrong!

The first Amendment applies to the actions of government, not to private citizens and companies. Since Twitter is a non government entity, it isn't subject to the same constitutional restraints as the government is.

Oh, and get this, the president is still a citizen himself, and has a constitutional right to block whomever he wishes from his twitter account.
Frayed knot. Trump considers his tweet official communications.

"The First Amendment applies to this digital forum in the same way it applies to town halls and open school board meetings," he said.

Wrong!

The first Amendment applies to the actions of government, not to private citizens and companies. Since Twitter is a non government entity, it isn't subject to the same constitutional restraints as the government is.

Oh, and get this, the president is still a citizen himself, and has a constitutional right to block whomever he wishes from his twitter account.
Frayed knot. Trump considers his tweet official communications.
Can you read his mind?

And..who cares? Find the law that says that the President must allow every nutjob the right to interact directly with him, just because he uses social media?

Lefties have stopped using whole portions of their brains, I think. I bet if we took MRIs of a bunch of liberal brains, and compared them to rightwing brains, you'd see lefties have a lot of dead space.

http://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/best-run-states-are-heavily-republican-study-finds/

Amen to this. If people start getting nasty with him, he shouldn't have to continue to put up with it if he doesn't want to see it anymore.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
Being an elected official, like joining the military, entails certain responsibilities. Example; the Secret Service controls a lot of what POTUS can and can't do.
If he is blocking people that he is supposed to stay connected to in some way, I guess they have a reason to go to such lengths, but if they are nothing but trolls, how much do they actually mean in the grand scheme?

God bless you and our leader always!!!

Holly

Amen to this. If people start getting nasty with him, he shouldn't have to continue to put up with it if he doesn't want to see it anymore.

Holly
Being an elected official, like joining the military, entails certain responsibilities. Example; the Secret Service controls a lot of what POTUS can and can't do.
If he is blocking people that he is supposed to stay connected to in some way, I guess they have a point, but if they are nothing but trolls, how much do they actually mean in the grand scheme?

Holly

He can block anybody he likes on twitter, the same as everybody else.

One thing I learned form Obamacare is you can make public statements one way and then change your argument while in court. Obama told us failure to purchase insurance would result in a "penalty", which would never hold up in court. However, once his lawyers went to court they argued it was a "tax" which is how the mandate held.

So... in regards to Twitter. It seems to me it doesn't matter what President Trump or Sean Spicer have said in the past. What matters is the status of Twitter itself as an official government site, which it isn't. Trump wins.

One thing I learned form Obamacare is you can make public statements one way and then change your argument while in court. Obama told us failure to purchase insurance would result in a "penalty", which would never hold up in court. However, once his lawyers went to court they argued it was a "tax" which is how the mandate held.

So... in regards to Twitter. It seems to me it doesn't matter what President Trump or Sean Spicer have said in the past. What matters is the status of Twitter itself as an official government site, which it isn't. Trump wins.
He always does.

How John McCain dispatched a trusted aide across Atlantic to get dirty dossier | Daily Mail Online

Wrong!

The trouble is that Trump is not a private citizen. He is tweeting as the President. His constitutional rights are not the same as a private citizen.

Wrong!

The trouble is that Trump is not a private citizen. He is tweeting as the President. His constitutional rights are not the same as a private citizen.

Yeah, they are, you retard statist.

And there is no "constitutional" precedent that maintains he must allow freaks to interact with him, just because he interacts with the public. Because there's no constitutional requirement that he engage the public in the first place. He does it because he wants to, not because he has to. And he gets to do it as he pleases. Get over it, you pathetic commie.

Oh boy now people are suing for being blocked on social media? That's freaking stupid
Only when it's an elected official. You and I are free to block whomever we like. Let's see how this plays out in court over the next 6-12 months leading up to the November 2018 elections.

It's stupid and just more butt hurt
Nonetheless, it's an interesting case which we'll see dragged out over the next year.

President Trump vs. We, the People regarding the First Amendment. Should be very, very interesting!

Any judge worth his/her salt will laugh and toss it

Any judge worth his salt should take this seriously. The fact is that this is a digital age and the technology changes a lot of things. For example, Trump's tweets are part of the public record. If he deleted them, he may be breaking the law.

Oh boy now people are suing for being blocked on social media? That's freaking stupid
Only when it's an elected official. You and I are free to block whomever we like. Let's see how this plays out in court over the next 6-12 months leading up to the November 2018 elections.

Nonetheless, it's an interesting case which we'll see dragged out over the next year.

President Trump vs. We, the People regarding the First Amendment. Should be very, very interesting!

Any judge worth his salt should take this seriously. The fact is that this is a digital age and the technology changes a lot of things. For example, Trump's tweets are part of the public record. If he deleted them, he may be breaking the law.

Blah blah blah

Wrong!

Yeah, they are, you retard statist.

And there is no "constitutional" precedent that maintains he must allow freaks to interact with him, just because he interacts with the public. Because there's no constitutional requirement that he engage the public in the first place. He does it because he wants to, not because he has to. And he gets to do it as he pleases. Get over it, you pathetic commie.

You are the pathetic commie. The fact is that he is the President and he loses certain rights as President. If you want the glory and prestige that goes with being President, that is the downside.

You are the retard statist as well.

Wrong!

President Trump is the "government". Since it's been admitted that his tweets constitute official policy, it opens him up to this lawsuit. Of course, that doesn't mean those suing will win, but as I mentioned in the OP, the fact he does makes him vulnerable to lawsuits.
Who has admitted that trump tweets are official policy. Link please!

Trump's tweets are part of the public record and should be preserved under federal law.

Can President Trump ban twitter users from his account?

#POTUS account no. #realDonaldTrump account yes.

The trouble with that is that would allow someone to do something illegal and hide it. Both his official twitter account and personal twitter account have to be subject to the same rules.

Blah blah blah

We know you are a blathering idiot.

There is no link.

"You people" are lying, anti-American scumbags. Like you.
Interesting. It's in the OP. So the real question is "Are you a scumbag liar or just fucking stupid?"
.....President Trump sued for blocking people on Twitter - BBC News

...White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer and the president's social media director Daniel Scavino are also named in the lawsuit.

Last month, Mr Spicer said Mr Trump's tweets were considered "official statements by the president of the United States"......
Unless you think WH Press Secretary's are liars or in the habit of going rogue while keeping their jobs, it appears Mr. Spicer spoke with the President's consent and agreement.

Another link for you to ignore:

Sean Spicer says Trump's tweets should be seen as official White House statements
"White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer has said that Donald Trump's tweets should be "considered official statements" by the US President.

Mr Trump's tweets, even deleted ones, are saved as part of the country's official record that goes to the National Archives and Records Administration. Former President Obama's Twitteraccount has also be archived. "

Does the left ever listen to themselves?
Ban speech, Ban guns...... on and on it's endless.
Ban abortion, ban Muslims. You are right, those LW motherfucking assholes are just authoritarian pieces of shit! Screw them all like a Russian hooker! :)

Holly
If he is blocking people that he is supposed to stay connected to in some way, I guess they have a reason to go to such lengths, but if they are nothing but trolls, how much do they actually mean in the grand scheme?

Holly
I haven't seen the blocked/banned tweets, but I agree they are probably trolls. Still, the question is "is trolling protected free speech on a government controlled website?" It will be educational to the court documents and judgment on how government can, once again, limit Constitutional rights.

It's either that or restraining orders or arrest for those seeking to disrupt and threaten. Then they can't post anymore, just as they would be blocked from harassing or threatening the White House via phone lines, I imagine.
We shall see. But it may be years before it gets to the SC, if it doesn't get thrown out.

Holly

Holly
I haven't seen the blocked/banned tweets, but I agree they are probably trolls. Still, the question is "is trolling protected free speech on a government controlled website?" It will be educational to the court documents and judgment on how government can, once again, limit Constitutional rights.

Forum List

Back