Presidential Rankings........Obama: Tenth......Trump: last

Lincoln's army waged war against civilians. We call that Terrorism now days.
War is hell

The confederates waged war on their black population

bullshit, where do you get this crap?
Morally

The south was no better than Nazi Germany and we bombed the hell out of their civilians
I would leave morals out of this, that is a losing argument from your side.

Good point...The USA had slavery from its first existence until after the Civil War was over. Then they sent their army to eliminate the Indians. Morals? That's funny.
No Wonder It's Called "New England"

Too cheap to fund a standing army big enough to protect and expand the frontier, the Northeastern plutocrats let the far-outnumbered pioneers defend themselves with their pathetic 2d Amendment rights. After the Civil War, the military was reduced to 25,000 men.

War is hell

Morally

The south was no better than Nazi Germany and we bombed the hell out of their civilians

Good point...The USA had slavery from its first existence until after the Civil War was over. Then they sent their army to eliminate the Indians. Morals? That's funny.
No Wonder It's Called "New England"

Too cheap to fund a standing army big enough to protect and expand the frontier, the Northeastern plutocrats let the far-outnumbered pioneers defend themselves with their pathetic 2d Amendment rights. After the Civil War, the military was reduced to 25,000 men.

Well the Union army had over 300,000 soldiers dead from the Civil War.

Dumbass. FDR, Lincoln and Washington are always the top 3 in every historian' poll I've ever seen.
War is hell

Morally

Hardly

The south was a society built on enslavement of half their population

“I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people..."
...Abe Lincoln. Ranked #1.
Lincoln was a politician.
He said what was needed

He also freed the slaves

War is hell

Morally

Hardly

Source that bullshitter.

“I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people..."
He said what was needed

He also freed the slaves

Did Lincoln free the slaves in any Union State, you know, his own country? They certainly still had slavery when the Civil War started.

He said what was needed

He also freed the slaves
He freed the slaves in the South, which at the time he did was a separate entity which he had no legal power over. Keep the facts in mind.

"I have no purpose, …to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. …I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so."
...Abe Lincoln. From his inaugural address.

"Trump Admin is first since Ronald Reagan's to see positive economic growth EXCEED its first-year forecast. 2017 GDP figure almost a full point above 2016. Small biz and consumer confidence also up!"

Look at the graphics on new york times article.
They separate out the democrat / independent / republican members. According the the republican members, Trump is still in 40th place.
And Trump has only been in office for a year. The whole study is ridiculous and is just propaganda against Trump.
It is to soon to respect any results concerning his presidency. Historians who do not know that are hardly worth listening to.

For some reason......Conservatives dismiss Newsmen, Scientists and Historians because they contradict rightwing propaganda

We dismiss newsmen who keep apologizing for lying, and then continue to lie and scientists who lie to keep gov. grants coming in. We dismiss historians who, like Obama said, can write a NEW history for our children, filled with Muslims and gay people as founding fathers.
And you forgot one. We dismiss Nobel prizes. Guess why...
Did you know that Islam forbids homosexuality.? A gay muslim can only be a dead muslim.

Lying scientists? All their reports are peer reviewed. They get the most credit by debunking other scientists' work. All of them can earn more money if they move to private sector, yet many dont don't.
Me, Myself, and Ivory Tower

Academics are narrow-minded conformists within their authoritarian echo chamber. Deservedly lonely, these escapist misfits desperately follow the latest New Age fad in order to feel like they belong to that pushy but comforting clique.
You might want to look at the criteria for the rankings, and not all are "left leaning," but thanks for sharing your ignorance.

Looks like Trump has nowhere to go but up

Opinion | How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?

Since our previous survey in 2014, some presidential legacies have soared (Barack Obama’s stock has climbed into the Top 10), while others have fallen (Andrew Jackson toppled to 15, out of the Top 10).

And President Trump? Let’s say that, according to the 170 members of the American Political Science Association’s Presidents and Executive Politics section who filled out our survey, he has at least three years to improve on an ignominious debut.
BTW, thanks again for the link. I hadn't seen the recent biog of Grant. He's always interested me. The author's book on Hamilton was good.

War is hell

Morally

Hardly

Source that bullshitter.
No need to source the 4 million blacks in captivity

"Trump Admin is first since Ronald Reagan's to see positive economic growth EXCEED its first-year forecast. 2017 GDP figure almost a full point above 2016. Small biz and consumer confidence also up!"
What were Reagan's first year projections? What were Trumps?
Have to see if Trump can do as well as Reagan

I doubt it
Reagan was not as big an asshole

"I have no purpose, …to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. …I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so."
I know

Can you believe the south seceded after he said that

Morally

Hardly

Source that bullshitter.
There was a reason we didn't want them freed! (joke) But it is the truth. Even folks without slaves feared emancipation.

What were Reagan's first year projections? What were Trumps?
Have to see if Trump can do as well as Reagan

I doubt it
Reagan was not as big an asshole
your links provided that Reagan got high marks for leadership, relations with congress, compromise and .... luck.

I know

Can you believe the south seceded after he said that
But it was OK for the Union to keep slavery.
Define hypocrisy.

Morally

Hardly

Source that bullshitter.
Then there no need to lie about their percentage of the population.

Lincoln ranked #1?
Lincoln trashed the 1st Amendment by shutting down newspapers who dared to speak out against him and in some cases had the editors and owners arrested. And these were Northern/Union newspapers.
Ignorance is bliss.

Forum List

Back