Press freedoms under attack around the world.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Disturbing attacks on human rights and press freedom are happening worldwide, and we
are marching down the same path, unless we do something to stop it.

We can decide for ourselves what is misinformation without Big Brother's help.

Disturbing attacks on human rights and press freedom are happening worldwide, and we

If you're a defender of dissenting opinions then I'm with you. If you are defending the right to spread lies and disinformation, I'm not.

If you're a defender of dissenting opinions then I'm with you. If you are defending the right to spread lies and disinformation, I'm not.
We can start by pardoning Edward Snowden and freeing Julian Assange, wouldn't you agree ?

They started out with mentioning Myanmar, Russia, and H.K, but narrowed it down by excluding Myanmar.

Could this possibly be American propaganda that has a purpose of eliminating suspicions of US interference, that is the cause of the trouble?

Propaganda from 'The Hill'?

Whattaya think Otis? Close enough to what you suggested?

We can start by pardoning Edward Snowden and freeing Julian Assange, wouldn't you agree ?
I believe Edward Snowden is just fine where he is. He broke the law and set himself as judge and jury over US actions. There are ways of being a whistleblower from within the system but I don't know that he bothered to try them. I wouldn't pardon him, I'd revoke his citizenship and leave him be.

Assange published DNC emails stolen by the Russians in an attempt to affect the US elections. To me his is foreign agent and deserves punishment, exactly what I have no idea, but he is no hero.

I believe Edward Snowden is just fine where he is. He broke the law and set himself as judge and jury over US actions. There are ways of being a whistleblower from within the system but I don't know that he bothered to try them. I wouldn't pardon him, I'd revoke his citizenship and leave him be.

Assange published DNC emails stolen by the Russians in an attempt to affect the US elections. To me his is foreign agent and deserves punishment, exactly what I have no idea, but he is no hero.
Well you've certainly thrown the rights of a free press and freedom of speech out the window!

And the only attempt by you to justify doing it is to attempt to introduce the Russians into it.

In other words you're misinformed and clueless like many 'woke' Americans.

Last edited:
In other words you're misinformed and clueless like many 'woke' Americans.
I'm not the only one then. In January 2009 Snowden exhibited strong support for the U.S. security state apparatus and said leakers of classified information "should be shot in the balls." Might be some mental issues here?

Well you've certainly thrown the rights of a free press and freedom of speech out the window!

And the only attempt by you to justify doing it is to attempt to introduce the Russians into it.
I would settle for an honest press, not anything close to what we have today.

I'm not the only one then. In January 2009 Snowden exhibited strong support for the U.S. security state apparatus and said leakers of classified information "should be shot in the balls." Might be some mental issues here?
Now you're trying to be disingenuous.
Which in this instance means you're just a another dishonest leftist troll.

The press keep over stepping the mark. The News of the World newspaper and phone hacking, as an example. Censoring news in the US to push the Lefty agenda, another example.

Unfortunately, if there are no rules and regulations, people just cannot handle responsibilities and Rights. They bring it on themselves.

Who was that wise old sage that said :"FUCK YOUR FREEDOOMS"? Trump? No. Hitler? No, but close, another Austrian. Schwarzenegger, because he said so.

Forum List

Back