Pressure mounts on aviation industry over climate change!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Top story on DRUDGE right now........

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-pressure-mounts-aviation-industry-climate.html

Airlines pulling their hair out about what to do to reduce emissions to satisfy frequent flyers upset about climate change. I was just thinking.........what about going to solar powered commercial aircraft? Perhaps with a windmill or two on top! Perhaps too, they could start development of a massive slingshot glider so no fossil fuels would be necessary for trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific flights. Remove beef from flight menu's......at least airlines could feel like they are doing their part, which would be admirable. Or how about some batteries from Tesla......I would think enough of them could fly at least some of the smaller sized current jets!! Go....go!!

Airlines pulling their hair out about what to do to reduce emissions to satisfy frequent flyers upset about climate change. I was just thinking.........what about going to solar powered commercial aircraft? Perhaps with a windmill or two on top! Perhaps too, they could start development of a massive slingshot glider so no fossil fuels would be necessary for trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific flights. Remove beef from flight menu's......at least airlines could feel like they are doing their part, which would be admirable. Or how about some batteries from Tesla......I would think enough of them could fly at least some of the smaller sized current jets!! Go....go!!

They are supposed to demo a rechargeable commuter aircraft at the Paris airshow this month. Has a range of like 650 nm and can operate at a fraction of the cost of gas powered craft, though its capacity is limited to 8 passengers I believe. Could be good for getting air traffic into smaller cities that are too close to bigger airports to have commuter service (because government won't subsidize them if they are within a certain range)

By eliminating short hops thopugh offering a better service with high speed rail you stupid fuck.

You have to gasp when you read this stuff. Man Made Climate Change is a unproven theory that you could even call a myth but the left wants to risk the lives of millions of people who travel by air by changing the emission standards for passenger plane exhaust.

They haven't invented the transporter yet! How horrible. By now we should be able to beam passengers from Denver to Honolulu.

By eliminating short hops thopugh offering a better service with high speed rail you stupid fuck.

How high speed is it going to be if it has to stop every short hop :3:

Airlines pulling their hair out about what to do to reduce emissions to satisfy frequent flyers upset about climate change.
How can this be? You've forever told us AGW informs no policy decisions.

You have to gasp when you read this stuff. Man Made Climate Change is a unproven theory that you could even call a myth but the left wants to risk the lives of millions of people who travel by air by changing the emission standards for passenger plane exhaust.

I was reading not long ago about a design that uses the exhaust system to control the rudders and such to simplify design and lessen weight. My first thought was, "Well that is all well and good as long as the engines are working, but if you lose them you are triplely screwed as you are in a plane with no power and no way to maneuver."

So you have no concept of high speed rail. So that plane isn't stopping at the same short hop?

Maybe those passengers shouldn’t fly...

Exactly. If they're so concerned you'd think they would find an alternate method, but as usual, they expect everyone to genuflect to them as opposed to leading by example.

So you have no concept of high speed rail. So that plane isn't stopping at the same short hop?

I will leave it to the experts in California about the roaring success their high speed rail is :abgg2q.jpg:

That's right......Im the stupid fuck. Except high speed rail is mega-expensive says that stupid fuck, thus, it is not viable.

Only progressives enter debates not giving a flying fuck about costs.:2up:. They never care........which is why they are lOsInG in epic fashion on climate change. Most of the world does consider costs.:cul2::cul2:

God....I love this forum!!!

Where else do you know in life where you can go and whack a progressives glasses clear off his face EVERY DAY!!!:iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg:

My face is hot from laughing so hard!!:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Ask your typical flyer about how they'd like to get off a plane and wait for a train to get them to the next plane!!!:laughing0301::popcorn::backpedal::backpedal::backpedal:

These people who spend all their life living in Oz.........its fascinating as shit!:deal:

Last edited:

That's right......Im the stupid fuck. Except high speed rail is mega-expensive says that stupid fuck, thus, it is not viable.

Only progressives enter debates not giving a flying fuck about costs.:2up:. They never care........which is why they are lOsInG in epic fashion on climate change. Most of the world does consider costs.:cul2::cul2:

So Europe & Japan have figured it out & the stupid USA can't. I get it.

You assfucks don't consider the costs of uncurtailed climate change. Why don't you Trumpettes give a shit about future costs? Why do you hate your own children?

If those whining about aircraft emissions just sat at home instead of gadding about in their cars and jetting off to China then there'd be fewer flights. But they're not all THAT sincere.....

My face is hot from laughing so hard!!:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Ask your typical flyer about how they'd like to get off a plane and wait for a train to get them to the next plane!!!:laughing0301::popcorn::backpedal::backpedal::backpedal:

These people who spend all their life living in Oz.........its fascinating as shit!:deal:

WTF are you even talking about. So I I fly from NY to SF, I fly to somewhere, take a train & then fly again? Jesus Fuck, you are quite the ignorant fool. Because airlines would not adapt?

Forum List

Back