Pressure mounts on aviation industry over climate change!

Top story on DRUDGE right now........

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-pressure-mounts-aviation-industry-climate.html

Airlines pulling their hair out about what to do to reduce emissions to satisfy frequent flyers upset about climate change. I was just thinking.........what about going to solar powered commercial aircraft? Perhaps with a windmill or two on top! Perhaps too, they could start development of a massive slingshot glider so no fossil fuels would be necessary for trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific flights. Remove beef from flight menu's......at least airlines could feel like they are doing their part, which would be admirable. Or how about some batteries from Tesla......I would think enough of them could fly at least some of the smaller sized current jets!! Go....go!!

By eliminating short hops thopugh offering a better service with high speed rail you stupid fuck.

How high speed is it going to be if it has to stop every short hop :3:
So you have no concept of high speed rail. So that plane isn't stopping at the same short hop?
To build high speed rail you need a lot of straightaway to get the most out of potential speed. Tell me how a Megapolis like Boston, N.Y.,Philly, Baltimore and D.C. is going to do that? That is a lot of right of way and moving millions of people and removal of lots of buildings and construction codes and politicians and lawyers and so much more.

Liberals are not allowed to even think about where energy comes from to charge their toy cars. I will concede that some might come from the sun but they never worry about wearing that out so no plants will grow (they'll believe I meant that and go ballistic). Also slave labor? They find that not just OK but downright delightful.

Except when they are required to work instead of just swipe their EBT cards.

Top story on DRUDGE right now........

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-pressure-mounts-aviation-industry-climate.html

Airlines pulling their hair out about what to do to reduce emissions to satisfy frequent flyers upset about climate change. I was just thinking.........what about going to solar powered commercial aircraft? Perhaps with a windmill or two on top! Perhaps too, they could start development of a massive slingshot glider so no fossil fuels would be necessary for trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific flights. Remove beef from flight menu's......at least airlines could feel like they are doing their part, which would be admirable. Or how about some batteries from Tesla......I would think enough of them could fly at least some of the smaller sized current jets!! Go....go!!

They are supposed to demo a rechargeable commuter aircraft at the Paris airshow this month. Has a range of like 650 nm and can operate at a fraction of the cost of gas powered craft, though its capacity is limited to 8 passengers I believe. Could be good for getting air traffic into smaller cities that are too close to bigger airports to have commuter service (because government won't subsidize them if they are within a certain range)
Here’s a picture of it...

il_794xN.869531161_h6cf.jpg

Close. It looks like this:

View attachment 264764
Where’s the remote controller? Or is it a tether line?

That would do it if you ant to sit on current methods.

But you could gad about in electric vehicles. Use rail for short hops & then those long flights would not matter because reductions were made.

Until you had to recharge your battery.

But of course that wouldn't be an enviro-issue provided you recharged it using a human powered generator. Would you prefer a bicycle type? A gerbil-cage sort might be easier for you though.
If it takes fewer emissions to charge that it saved, who cares. I wonder, maybe someone will invent creating electricity from the sun????
You obviously don’t realize how much fossil fuel and slave labor is necessary to creat these net-negative wind and solar sources.
Not this bullshit crap.
Well, there’s an intellectual response.

Forum List

Back