Price Is No Longer an Obstacle to Clean Power

They were covered in ice
Also a correctable problem. And given the likely temperature differential of an almost pure black, sloping surface, aligned to be in sunlight as much as possible, I suspect they were the LEAST covered in ice of any surface in their vicinity.

how long does the sun shine and how many days a month? You act as if winter doesn't exist or doesn't change the availability of the sun. You still are frozen in your stupid.
Crick , BTW, especially in winter when electricity is mandatory for heat!!!!!!!

Also a correctable problem. And given the likely temperature differential of an almost pure black, sloping surface, aligned to be in sunlight as much as possible, I suspect they were the LEAST covered in ice of any surface in their vicinity.
Planes get deice many times still can't take off because of the ice on the wings

I've got over 2 million flyer miles and I've never seen that. It might happen, but its not commonplace. Even in winter.

Crick , BTW, especially in winter when electricity is mandatory for heat!!!!!!!

Solar is now ‘cheapest electricity in history’, confirms IEA

October 2020

The world’s best solar power schemes now offer the “cheapest…electricity in history” with the technology cheaper than coal and gas in most major countries.
www.carbonbrief.org

""The world’s best solar power schemes now offer the “cheapest…electricity in history” with the technology cheaper than coal and gas in most major countries.

That is according to the International Energy Agency’s World Energy Outlook 2020. The 464-page outlook, published today by the IEA, also outlines the “extraordinarily turbulent” impact of coronavirus and the “highly uncertain” future of global energy use over the next two decades....."

`

October 2020

The world’s best solar power schemes now offer the “cheapest…electricity in history” with the technology cheaper than coal and gas in most major countries.
www.carbonbrief.org

""The world’s best solar power schemes now offer the “cheapest…electricity in history” with the technology cheaper than coal and gas in most major countries.

That is according to the International Energy Agency’s World Energy Outlook 2020. The 464-page outlook, published today by the IEA, also outlines the “extraordinarily turbulent” impact of coronavirus and the “highly uncertain” future of global energy use over the next two decades....."

`

How much is a megawatt of solar power at midnight?

How much is a megawatt of solar power at midnight?

Depends how it was stored, or how we balance/back up the mix.
I see app 60% renewable.
Many Midwest/Plains states are approaching that now with the wind alone.

You, OTOH, are a Baiting one 'question' Troll, unable to have any sincere or informed discussion.
You have enough brain, you're just an incurable @sshole personality-wise and Dishonest.
`

`===

Why can’t you fks ever explain how it’s cheaper?

Skate away now

Why can't you ever look for your own data. I think I can speak for the crowd here when I say we're all really tired of you demanding information from us that you could look up yourself just as easily

The cost of solar PV had dropped precipitously over the last decade. Coal has remained fairly constant. If you don't believe me, look it up.

The Lifespan of Solar Panels

Solar panels, also known as photovoltaic or PV panels, are made to last more than 25 years. In fact, many solar panels installed as early as the 1980s are still working at expected capacity. Not only are solar panels remarkably reliable, solar panel longevity has increased dramatically over the last 20 years. In addition to decades of effective performance, many solar manufacturers back their products with performance guarantees in their warranties.
Keep in mind that expected solar panel life expectancy doesn’t mean the panels on your roof will stop producing electricity after a couple of decades. It just means their energy production will decrease by what solar panel manufacturers consider optimal to meet the average American family’s energy needs.

Do Solar Panels Degrade over Time?
As with most technologies, solar panels will naturally produce less energy over time. This reduced power output is called the degradation rate. The median solar panel degradation rate is about 0.5%, which simply means that a solar panel’s energy production will decrease at a rate of 0.5% per year.3 After 20 years, your panels should still be working at about 90% of its original output.

Why can't you ever look for your own data. I think I can speak for the crowd here when I say we're all really tired of you demanding information from us that you could look up yourself just as easily

The cost of solar PV had dropped precipitously over the last decade. Coal has remained fairly constant. If you don't believe me, look it up.
so the answer is you can't. So you will continue to push your fake news. gothca. Hey everyone else, Crick and his buds can't explain how solar is cheaper. Yet even where it is cheaper. And, everywhere one looks that bullshit is posted. hahahahahahaahahahha talk about pushing a false agenda.

so the answer is you can't. So you will continue to push your fake news. gothca. Hey everyone else, Crick and his buds can't explain how solar is cheaper. Yet even where it is cheaper. And, everywhere one looks that bullshit is posted. hahahahahahaahahahha talk about pushing a false agenda.
I have looked it up on numerous occasions and I gave you the correct answer. So don't tell me I can't. You're the one who refuses to lift a fucking finger to do anything but annoy people here. THAT is why I have repeatedly identified you as a

TROLL

I have looked it up on numerous occasions and I gave you the correct answer. So don't tell me I can't.
that answer is old. No you never gave where it's cheaper and how it's cheaper.

Here's even one of the leading guys in a hearing can't even explain it. at 4:10

how solar is cheaper
Simples:
line graph showing price of solar modules dropping as capacity increased from 1976 to 2019
As with most technologies, the more people invested in solar, the cheaper it got. Infographic by Sara Chodosh

Fossil fuels, in comparison, can’t keep up with this pace. That’s because fossil power plants have to buy mined fuels to operate. In coal plants, supplying the coal accounts for about 40 percent of total expenses. Sunshine and wind are free, which allows the costs of tapping into their power to decline sharply as technology improves and the industry grows.
Duh!

How does that show the Solar energy is cheaper than coal? LOL.

You all are easily fooled. see the video I just posted #314.
No thanks. You already lost this one some time back. There's just no point in wasting time on you.

Forum List

Back