Priest Jailed - Finally Some Good News From The Catholics

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Priest jailed for sex attacks Daily Mail Online
Disgraced priest Michael Hill was jailed for five years today for a series of sex attacks on boys.

Old Bailey Judge Christopher Moss told Hill, 68, that he was "a practising and predatory paedophile who used the vestments of priesthood to disguise your true character".

The judge continued: "You employed a considerable degree of planning and cunning in gaining the trust of the parents of the children you abused.

"I can think of no greater or appalling breach of trust."

The judge said the offences were "disgraceful and disgusting crimes".

Hill had pleaded guilty to six offences of indecent assault against three boys aged 10 to 14.

Read more: Priest jailed for sex attacks Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The children got a life sentence.

The priest got just over a year, per child.

That's justice?

Disgraced priest Michael Hill was jailed for five years today for a series of sex attacks on boys.

Old Bailey Judge Christopher Moss told Hill, 68, that he was "a practising and predatory paedophile who used the vestments of priesthood to disguise your true character".

The judge continued: "You employed a considerable degree of planning and cunning in gaining the trust of the parents of the children you abused.

Hill had pleaded guilty to six offences of indecent assault against three boys aged 10 to 14.

That's justice?

What the media says, and what the actual charges and accounts are are usually different. Not every sexual offense involved holding someone down and raping them like. Could well have been completely consensual but in violation of statutory definitions. Why we have statutory laws. I would assume if multiple victims as young as 10 the offenses involved were of the fondling sort as every state I'm familar with has decades long terms of imprisonment for stat rape of those under 12.

In 1985 the Cardinal, who was then Bishop of the Arundel and Brighton Diocese, allowed Hill to work as a chaplain at Gatwick Airport after he was temporarily suspended amid concerns about his attraction to children.
I have the problem with the ones who turned the other eye and just relocated them, I feel they are just as guilty. If there was any question he should of not been allowed to continue being a priest and sent to a monastery somewhere.

That's justice?

Its pitiful, but at least its something.

He'll enjoy registering....and always having his mug shot on the internet..

Forum List

Back