Primer For Deniers New To Environment Sub-forum

Thanks Dottie.. Very useful if it fixes all of YOUR misconceptions..

Think about it this way: Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get.
(Op Cit from OP reference)

You EXPECT no rain/snow in California EVERY summer. And you EXPECT large variabilities in annual precipt there because it is a largely a desert.

So CLIMATE CHANGE would REVERSE those expectations -- would they not?? You should fix the title of that old thread of yours as an example of your new-found understanding.. :D

The USMB Enviro Forum Pledge:

I ___________, do swear that I will not open any threads who's sole purpose is to discuss weather events with the IMPLICATION that weather events are currently related to Climate Change. No single weather event will be attributed to Climate Change. HOWEVER -- I MAY suggest that weather events like the one I am presenting MAY become more prevalent IF the temperature anomaly reaches the vicinity of 2degC -- IF Climate Change theory proves to be correct.

(( Initial here to acknowledge the two MAYs and two IFs in the previous sentence)) _________

Note: This INCLUDES monthly updates on number of weather related records of temperature, precipitation, drought or ice/snow conditions.

I will also boycott any thread that does open on this premise and agree to personally ridicule the OP whenever possible and encourage others to do so..

Sincerely and with Conviction,

You EXPECT no rain/snow in California EVERY summer. And you EXPECT large variabilities in annual precipt there because it is a largely a desert.

So CLIMATE CHANGE would REVERSE those expectations -- would they not?? You should fix the title of that old thread of yours as an example of your new-found understanding.. :D

Deserts, by and large, don't have large variabilities in annual precipitation. That is why they are called deserts.

I ___________, do swear that I will not open any threads who's sole purpose is to discuss weather events with the IMPLICATION that weather events are currently related to Climate Change. No single weather event will be attributed to Climate Change. HOWEVER -- I MAY suggest that weather events like the one I am presenting MAY become more prevalent IF the temperature anomaly reaches the vicinity of 2degC -- IF Climate Change theory proves to be correct.

(( Initial here to acknowledge the two MAYs and two IFs in the previous sentence)) _________

Note: This INCLUDES monthly updates on number of weather related records of temperature, precipitation, drought or ice/snow conditions.

I will also boycott any thread that does open on this premise and agree to personally ridicule the OP whenever possible and encourage others to do so..

"Deniers". Warmies are sounding more and more like Isis every day. Real science will soon be called "heresy" and real objective scientists will soon be called "heretics". Warmies are running scared. Only 7% of Americans rate warmy fable as their top issue of concern.

Warmies? Marxist scum. That's who they are. They hate democracy and free speech, which is why they spend 90% of their time dehumanizing and attempting to silence people who call them on their fairy tales. They want to crush democracy, silence their critics, and they especially want to end Western free market economies. That's who warmies are and that's what warmies want to do.

Deserts, by and large, don't have large variabilities in annual precipitation. That is why they are called deserts.

How sure of that are you? If you only get 6" of rain a year, what is the variability implied by missing just 2 rain events?

Drought indexes make no allowance for ABSOLUTE annual mean. They warn on PERCENTAGE. If in a true desert -- you get 2 events a year and MISS ONE --- compare that to Mississippi missing an event for me.

Someone in your circle is a lawyer right? So we ridicule them in OTHER threads. Tag their cubicles when they are out, et cetera et cetera...

"Deniers". Warmies are sounding more and more like Isis every day. Real science will soon be called "heresy" and real objective scientists will soon be called "heretics". Warmies are running scared. Only 7% of Americans rate warmy fable as their top issue of concern.

Warmies? Marxist scum. That's who they are. They hate democracy and free speech, which is why they spend 90% of their time dehumanizing and attempting to silence people who call them on their fairy tales. They want to crush democracy, silence their critics, and they especially want to end Western free market economies. That's who warmies are and that's what warmies want to do.

Science is not a democratic institution. You don't take a vote to decide if the gravitational constant is real.

How sure of that are you? If you only get 6" of rain a year, what is the variability implied by missing just 2 rain events?

Drought indexes make no allowance for ABSOLUTE annual mean. They warn on PERCENTAGE. If in a true desert -- you get 2 events a year and MISS ONE --- compare that to Mississippi missing an event for me.

Whether a locale gets 4 inches of rain or 6 inches of rain, it is still a friggin desert. And fragginten, a 2 inch difference in rainfall in a desert is not a significant variable. It doesn't change the characteristics of the desert.

The decision to step aboard an airliner is almost never a scientific one, so your analogy is irrelevant.

Don't be ridiculous. If there wasn't almost universal consensus on the validity of the science that goes into a machine with which you're about to entrust your life, no one would ever get onboard. Your arguments sound like they're coming from a geriatric hippy who took one too many peyote buds last night. That is, if you have an argument.

The decision to step aboard an airliner is almost never a scientific one, so your analogy is irrelevant.

Don't be ridiculous. If there wasn't almost universal consensus on the validity of the science that goes into a machine with which you're about to entrust your life, no one would ever get onboard. Your arguments sound like they're coming from a geriatric hippy who took one too many peyote buds last night. That is, if you have an argument.

NO ONE steps aboard an airplane thinking "gee, I feel safe getting on this plane because the APUs underwent rigorous testing last night". The vast majority of people who board airplanes don't have a clue as to what keeps them in the air, and could care less as long as it gets them from point a to point b.

Forum List

Back