Prince Turki bin Faisal Al Saud - why not visit Israel?

I am never so interested in what Middle East politicians do or say as much as what Middle East clerics and Omans do or say.

A Saudi prince meeting with Israelis is not as important as Muslim clerics moderating what they say in mosques.

You are correct. But don't forget that the Saudis have the power to tell what many of the clerics should say. If we want to eat an elephant, we need to cut it in pieces....

You are correct. But don't forget that the Saudis have the power to tell what many of the clerics should say.

Perhaps in Saudi Arabia, although I'm not certain that's the case. But because of the ruling family, Saudi Arabia does not have the moral and religious clout as much as financial clout.

There is no one to convince Iranian clerics to moderate their message. Same with Egypt. I'm most disappointed in the Turkish clerics, who are some of the most influential in all of Islam.

If we want to eat an elephant, we need to cut it in pieces....

What a horrible thought!

OK... you know what I meant about the elephant, right? (and I never would think of it other than in figurative terms...)
Iran is a different ball game... but if we can start with Saudi Arabia, who has the power of the money that pays their clerics salaries...

Forum List

Back