Private Gun ownership Save Lives.

Code:
While I support "Well Regulated" responsible gun ownership private gun ownership in general does not save lives.

The health risk of having a gun in the home | MinnPost

Since when is saving lives the purpose of owning a gun?

I own weapons to protect myself, my wife and my home not to save anyone's life.

You should probably read through that link. It just might be your doing the opposite of protecting.

One can say the same thing about waffle irons, weight sets, automatic garage door openers and pools.

Having a waffle iron in the home increases the risk of getting burned by one. Having a weight set in the home increases the risk of having one fall on your foot. Having an automated garage door opener increases the risk of having one crush you accidently, and having a pool increases your risk of drowning in one.

There is always a risk anything will be used the wrong way, and any of these items can be just as fatal as a gun.

Code:
Since when is saving lives the purpose of owning a gun?

I own weapons to protect myself, my wife and my home not to save anyone's life.

You should probably read through that link. It just might be your doing the opposite of protecting.

One can say the same thing about waffle irons, weight sets, automatic garage door openers and pools.

Having a waffle iron in the home increases the risk of getting burned by one. Having a weight set in the home increases the risk of having one fall on your foot. Having an automated garage door opener increases the risk of having one crush you accidently, and having a pool increases your risk of drowning in one.

There is always a risk anything will be used the wrong way, and any of these items can be just as fatal as a gun.

:eusa_eh:

Just because something can kill doesn't mean it's just as likely to kill.

Code:

And just because a gun in the house of an idiot is used wrong doesnt mean I should be prevented from owning one.

Code:

My guns are less likely to kill anyone than you car is.

And just because a gun in the house of an idiot is used wrong doesnt mean I should be prevented from owning one.

Phew! Good thing no one is seriously advocating that.

My guns are less likely to kill anyone than you car is.

My car is more likely to serve an essential function in society than your gun is.

Gun control advocates are for protecting the criminals. That's the only purpose of gun control.

Thats exactly what gun control people are advocating, they are just too gutless to admit it right now.

Actually it's not, but if you can only argue against strawmen, what does that say for you?

We need expanded background checks first and foremost.

Thats exactly what gun control people are advocating, they are just too gutless to admit it right now.

Actually it's not, but if you can only argue against strawmen, what does that say for you?

We need expanded background checks first and foremost.

and when those don't work, someone will propose bans on certain types of guns. and when that doesnt work somone will propose bans on most types of guns, and when that doesnt work someone will propose a ban on all guns outside government control.

it won't stop because expanded background checks will not prevent another mass shooting. it will happen, and then the calls for more strict measures will follow, which will not prevent another mass shooting as well.

The Santa Monica shooter had illegal weapons. He could not buy them. He built them himself.

Santa Monica shooter built his own weapon - CBS News

(CBS News) SANTA MONICA, Calif. - We know more Friday about the gunman who went on that shooting rampage in Santa Monica, California last week. He killed his father and brother at home, and then three strangers at a community college. Police were unable to trace his weapon and we found out why.

The assault rifle that 23-year-old John Zawahri used in his Santa Monica shooting spree is illegal in California. But Police Chief Jacqueline Seabrooks said Zawahri came up with an enterprising solution.

"We know Zawahri was able to buy gun components from various sources across the country to build his own .223 semi-automatic rifle," she said.

The Santa Monica shooter had illegal weapons. He could not buy them. He built them himself.

Santa Monica shooter built his own weapon - CBS News

(CBS News) SANTA MONICA, Calif. - We know more Friday about the gunman who went on that shooting rampage in Santa Monica, California last week. He killed his father and brother at home, and then three strangers at a community college. Police were unable to trace his weapon and we found out why.

The assault rifle that 23-year-old John Zawahri used in his Santa Monica shooting spree is illegal in California. But Police Chief Jacqueline Seabrooks said Zawahri came up with an enterprising solution.

"We know Zawahri was able to buy gun components from various sources across the country to build his own .223 semi-automatic rifle," she said.
Only the lower receiver has a S/N and only the lower is considered a gun by the BATF.
None of the other parts are regulated by any state or by the federal government.

Forum List

Back