Problematic: Hate speech and "racism".

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
Given all the standards of proof in the American legal system, how can you objectively prove either hate or racism? Why should that be a legitimate issue in American jurisprudence? What's next? Anti witch pogroms based on crystal ball or the ouguiya board planchet said so? Nonsense.

Given all the standards of proof in the American legal system, how can you objectively prove either hate or racism? Why should that be a legitimate issue in American jurisprudence? What's next? Anti witch pogroms based on crystal ball or the ouguiya board planchet said so? Nonsense.
Actually, I think it would be pretty damn easy to prove that you are, beyond a reasonable doubt, a stupid ass racist bitch.

No law against expressing one's disgust with someone else, based on anything they find objectionable about them. This is still America and we still have a Constitution with a First Amendment.

• Banned
Actually, I think it would be pretty damn easy to prove that you are, beyond a reasonable doubt, a stupid ass racist bitch.
You are a real charmer. But nice segue into insulting instead of actually addressing the subject. You don't know the answer, do you?

• Banned
What definition of racism, as it has continued to morph into "I don't like something you are doing .."

Please ... educate us.
That is exactly where this has gone. Racism and Hate are subjective and NEVER should be included as a legal category, Its absurd. How do you PROVE "HATE"? Interesting, how does that work? The magic 8 ball, or the pointer on the Ouija boards says so? How does that work again?

• Banned
That is exactly where this has gone. Racism and Hate are subjective and NEVER should be included as a legal category, Its absurd. How do you PROVE "HATE"? Interesting, how does that work? The magic 8 ball, or the pointer on the Ouija boards says so? How does that work again?
Who determines what "racism" is, anyway? Democrats? Black demagogues? I am so done with this shit.

That is exactly where this has gone. Racism and Hate are subjective and NEVER should be included as a legal category, Its absurd. How do PROVE "HATE"? Interesting, how does that work? the magic 8 ball, or the pointer on the Ouija boards says so? How does that work again?
You're preaching at the choir .. one can't prove it -- what is "hate" to one person may not be to another. I may not like Winston, who may be a black person, and tell him he is a dick .. that doesn't mean I hate him.

• Banned
I am no scholar, legal or otherwise. But I STILL cannot understand how "HATE" is legal category. Under what voodoo fantasy twisting of objective reality is there such a thing? What's next? What else can they shoehorn in here to sound legitimate?

I am no scholar, legal or otherwise. But I STILL cannot understand how "HATE" is legal category. Under what voodoo fantasy twisting of objective reality is there such a thing? What's next? What else can they shoehorn in here to sound legitimate?
"Hate" is not a legal category. The definition of a "Hate crime".

a crime, typically one involving violence, that is motivated by prejudice on the basis of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or similar grounds:

You see the word "hate" in there? No prosecutor has to prove "hate", they have to show that the crime was "motivated by prejudice", and that can be difficult, which is why hate crime charges are actually rare. Usually, it involves actions prior to the crime, like social media postings, membership in known "hate" organizations like the KKK. Take the Buffalo grocery store shooting, the dude wrote a white supremist manifesto and openly admitted that is motive was based on racial prejudice.

Forum List

Back