🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Progression or Regression, that is the question

re·gres·sion
noun
  1. a return to a former or less developed state
  2. a measure of the relation between the mean value of one variable (e.g., output) and corresponding values of other variables (e.g., time and cost).
pro·gres·sion
noun
  1. the process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state.
    synonyms: progress, advancement
To be clear, this is the difference in my mind between the current iteration of the Republican Party, and the current iteration of the Democratic Party.

Q. Which ideology seems to support the vision outlined in the Preamble to the United States:

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Be honest, consider the words and their meaning for today, and for tomorrows, during this time in our history.

Great question, I don’t see either party trying to establish a more perfect union, I find both parties idea of a perfect union is serving the elite. Neither Democrats or Republicans are seeing justice, just the parts that fit their ideals and that are advantageous to gaining more power. Domestic tranquillity, after the last two Presidents, is gone and whatever hope to gain that is absolutely quite a few years off. Common defense? Both parties seem intent on war. General welfare, talking about the hard working Americans, both Republicans and Democrats placate for votes, when in power? They forget the general people, and welfare, of course we do get crumbs. The more I read the more I realize how the government and the two parties are regressive. We need new leadership on both sides and those willing listen and act in the people’s behalf.

The parties are not the same, I hear your frustration, but today we are faced - all of us - with Trumpism. The only solution to the immediate problem (Trump) is to vote out the Republican Majority in The Congress, and replace it with Democratic leaders or Independents.

We need a separation of power to handicap the current president who is doing the opposite of making America Great.

It’s your opinion he’s not making America great. I don’t agree with everything he does but people like you are predisposed to hate EVERYTHING he does even if it’s the same decision a lefty president would make—you’d hate it solely bc TRUMP.

BULLSHIT ^^^

I'm not predisposed to hate anything, I've even been able to not hate broccoli or Green Bell Peppers.

I evaluate Trump's ideas and behavior differently. There is some merit to some of his ideas, and no merit to his behavior and manner of negotiations.

Those who disagree with him awaken with a horse's head in bed with them. That is his style, metaphorically.

He needs to cancel his Twitter account.

re·gres·sion
noun
  2. a measure of the relation between the mean value of one variable (e.g., output) and corresponding values of other variables (e.g., time and cost).
pro·gres·sion
noun
To be clear, this is the difference in my mind between the current iteration of the Republican Party, and the current iteration of the Democratic Party.

Q. Which ideology seems to support the vision outlined in the Preamble to the United States:

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Be honest, consider the words and their meaning for today, and for tomorrows, during this time in our history.

Great question, I don’t see either party trying to establish a more perfect union, I find both parties idea of a perfect union is serving the elite. Neither Democrats or Republicans are seeing justice, just the parts that fit their ideals and that are advantageous to gaining more power. Domestic tranquillity, after the last two Presidents, is gone and whatever hope to gain that is absolutely quite a few years off. Common defense? Both parties seem intent on war. General welfare, talking about the hard working Americans, both Republicans and Democrats placate for votes, when in power? They forget the general people, and welfare, of course we do get crumbs. The more I read the more I realize how the government and the two parties are regressive. We need new leadership on both sides and those willing listen and act in the people’s behalf.

The parties are not the same, I hear your frustration, but today we are faced - all of us - with Trumpism. The only solution to the immediate problem (Trump) is to vote out the Republican Majority in The Congress, and replace it with Democratic leaders or Independents.

We need a separation of power to handicap the current president who is doing the opposite of making America Great.
I think we need a new democratic party too. The Trumpeteers rant about the deep state, but really given the tax cut and two Justice appointments, Trump is more deep state than even Wall St dreamed of in Hillary.

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

The preamble is legally meaningless

That is an opinion: why was the Preamble included in the COTUS and ratified by the states; What do you believe is its purpose?

It's more or less a mission statement that's about it.

It's a bit more, it's a values statement and a vision for the nation's leadership.

Yeah like I said a mission statement and one that has no teeth legally speaking and is therefore meaningless

And it's a poor mission statement at best since it is quite vague where the Constitution itself if quite specific in defining the powers of the federal government

I find the Constitution to be quite vague on a number of issues, as have Justices of The Supreme Court over the centuries. 5-4 rulings suggest a number of issues within the COTUS are open to debate & decided by ideology and/or predilections.

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

Both parties fuck us at the National and most state levels.

Far-right Christians believe in a 2000 year-old collection of writings (which are considered mostly allegory) while far-left progressives can't see that tolerance is a two-way street and compromise means that states can ban certain late-term abortions and we probably can't un-ring the bell on the AR-15's-- best we can do is get them all registered and confiscate the ones owned by felons and lunatics and drunk drivers.

Tribal America is screwed until we get another devastating attack by a foreign enemy that forces us to pull together.

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

I think we need a new democratic party too. The Trumpeteers rant about the deep state, but really given the tax cut and two Justice appointments, Trump is more deep state than even Wall St dreamed of in Hillary.

I think ( & Hope) a new Democratic Party shows up in November, and the power of women and young men and women reject the form of conservatism which has devolved into one which accepts, and even recruits racists, misogynists and isolationists, into their fold. This new brand of RED SCARE is mindful of the bitter dispute between Buckley and Welch.

Will history repeat itself in the upcoming elections? See:

William F. Buckley & John Birch Society: History of Conflict with Robert Welch | National Review

We all know how the partisans on both sides will answer the truth is both parties care about there own self interest over everything else.

Simple explanations are food for fools. The truth is much more complicated than that, and the two dominate parties are not at all similar. No honest person can ever say the R. party is egalitarian, given their record on the ERA, Civil Rights and treatment of those currently incarcerated away from their children, who, BTW, are in custody and denied their rights in the Bill of Rights.

We all know how the partisans on both sides will answer the truth is both parties care about there own self interest over everything else.

Simple explanations are food for fools. The truth is much more complicated than that, and the two dominate parties are not at all similar. No honest person can ever say the R. party is egalitarian, given their record on the ERA, Civil Rights and treatment of those currently incarcerated away from their children, who, BTW, are in custody and denied their rights in the Bill of Rights.
The partisan proves my point.

Both parties are regressive in their own right
I dont see progress with either party.

Maybe you should open your eyes.

It is the statement of someone who has.

Maybe you should consider your own advice.

That's hilarious. No one with their eyes wide open and an open mind sees Trumpism as having any relationship to egalitarianism or traditional American ethos.

Did you just post an Idiot-gram ?

My post was in support of his comment that neither party is helping things forward.

That means Trump and the GOP too.

Now, I can only infer from your comments, taken together, that you somehow, in some way, think the democratic party is somehow doing something positive. Spare me the standard bullshit arguments.

In my view and in terms of what I think is important, they are worse than the GOP.

I don't like Trump, but I voted for him and I have no problem saying I'd do it again.

Both candidates were morally corrupt and thought to much of themselves. Hillary never got close to convincing me that she wanted to be president for our sakes....she essentially acted like it was hers.....different story.

So, I never extolled the GOP. I hold them in contempt. But I hold the democrats even more so.....

Or are you going to tell me Nancy Pelosi is somehow good for this country ?

The preamble is legally meaningless

That is an opinion: why was the Preamble included in the COTUS and ratified by the states; What do you believe is its purpose?

It's a bit more, it's a values statement and a vision for the nation's leadership.

Yeah like I said a mission statement and one that has no teeth legally speaking and is therefore meaningless

And it's a poor mission statement at best since it is quite vague where the Constitution itself if quite specific in defining the powers of the federal government

I find the Constitution to be quite vague on a number of issues, as have Justices of The Supreme Court over the centuries. 5-4 rulings suggest a number of issues within the COTUS are open to debate & decided by ideology and/or predilections.

It's only vague when people try to read more into it than is there

It's only vague when people try to read more into it than is there

I suggest, respectfully, you read past Supreme Court Decisions.

All nine members of the court hear all of the testimony and are privy to any documents, have a legal staff able to research & Shepardize cases of stare decisis, and can and do write opinions which do not support the majority decision.

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

I think we can agree that turning the USA into a 3rd-World shithole is not progress. Yet, it is oddly championed by those who call themselves "progressive".

This, but no, we cannot all agree.

Everything progressives stand for today IS invites regression, weakness and division. Living in Northern Nv. I see more evidence of the impact every day. The rise in poor population is alarming and very recent. The vast majority are pouring out of Ca. and Mexico. Progressive is code for poor and controlled. It's AMAZING to me their leaders desire to sell-out the country for power and one world order. Most don't even recognize it. They adopt the tune given them without a thought.

Progressive is code for contrary thought.

Last edited:
re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

I think we can agree that turning the USA into a 3rd-World shithole is not progress. Yet, it is oddly championed by those who call themselves "progressive".

This, but no, we cannot all agree.

Everything progressives stand for today IS invites regression, weakness and division. Living in Northern Nv. I see more evidence of the impact every day. The rise in poor population is alarming and very recent. The vast majority are pouring out of Ca. and Mexico. Progressive is code for poor and controlled. It's AMAZING to me their leaders desire to sell-out the country for power and one world order. Most don't even recognize it. They adopt the tune given them without a thought.

Progressive is code for contrary thought.

Northern Nevada? People actually live there? I've driven across Nevada several times, up there I've seen a brothel on the road up North, just before the Idaho Border.

Forum List

Back