Progressive Equal Outcome Ideology

Laslow

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2022
You see many youtube videos of college kids talking about the evils of capitalism and the beauty of communism. There are polls showing how young people are favorable to communism. How do people who believe in progressive ideals justify equal outcomes? Do they believe that students who do well in school have an unfair advantage? Do they believe that two parent homes have an unfair advantage? Do people who work 60 hour weeks to 'get ahead' have an unfair advantage? Doesn't progressive ideology discourage attempts to better people's own lives? Doesn't it give power over people to the ruling class, who gets filthy rich? The classical liberal arguments made sense, and were geared towards the working class. Safety Net arguments are fine, but the progressive arguments against bettering one's own life doesn't appear to make any sense?

The poster below is literally everywhere in my city's police academy and elsewhere.

IISC_EqualityEquity.png

When asked, "What does this picture show us".

My response was ... "I see three people who didn't pay to watch this ballgame. Arrest them all".

Meh, I will always out earn the progressives then greedily hoard my money. :muahaha:

I was walking to the store today and some guy slightly older than me reached the corner in his porsche soft top down. He had a woman half his age in the passenger seat and he burned out into the turn showing off his cash at the intersection.

My first reaction was to smile, I am not jealous of others (I simply want the freedom to achieve as well). Then I thought, "imagine that with his money he has to drive loud to show off". To me it's a sign of insecurity in some form or another.

Warren Buffett was once the wealthiest man on earth and he lived in the same home since the 50s and drove a modest Lincoln. Low key wealth is the best policy.

I was walking to the store today and some guy slightly older than me reached the corner in his porsche soft top down. He had a woman half his age in the passenger seat and he burned out into the turn showing off his cash at the intersection.

My first reaction was to smile, I am not jealous of others (I simply want the freedom to achieve as well). Then I thought, "imagine that with his money he has to drive loud to show off". To me it's a sign of insecurity in some form or another.

Warren Buffett was once the wealthiest man on earth and he lived in the same home since the 50s and drove a modest Lincoln. Low key wealth is the best policy.

There is no one way to spend your wealth. The best way to spend your wealth is whatever makes you (and no one else) the happiest.

The only bad person is the one who spends someone else's wealth.

The poster below is literally everywhere in my city's police academy and elsewhere.

View attachment 682499

When asked, "What does this picture show us".

My response was ... "I see three people who didn't pay to watch this ballgame. Arrest them all".
I've seen this picture used a lot to justify equal outcomes. I'd be curious to see how a progressive relates this picture to good students, two parent houses, and people who work long hours. It seems inevitable that making good choices must be removed as a factor for bettering your own life in progressive ideology.

There is no one way to spend your wealth. The best way to spend your wealth is whatever makes you (and no one else) the happiest.

The only bad person is the one who spends someone else's wealth.

Of course, maybe I worded it incorrectly. Bottom line, as we say at the poker tables when you river a guy for a big pot (though I haven't played poker live for years), "act like you've been there before".

A guy is in a $100K+ vehicle among modest cars in an average city. Just make your turn like everyone else, you're not in Beverly Hills.

Also, I am the alert type and I'm not the type who ever wants unwanted attention on me (such as being carjacked). I used to rent cars alot and one time he offered me a special edition mercedes for the usual price I would pay for a Prius which I loved, I said "no thanks". I didn't want any potential headache (nor the gas bill).

Indeed, spending others wealth is bad. Even worse, much worse IMO is preventing others from pursuing their own wealth...

Last edited:
I've seen this picture used a lot to justify equal outcomes. I'd be curious to see how a progressive relates this picture to good students, two parent houses, and people who work long hours. It seems inevitable that making good choices must be removed as a factor for bettering your own life in progressive ideology.
Those progs that you are alluding to sing a different tune when asked if they want to donate some of their college tuition money to those without or if they would consider it fair for test scores to be raised for those not earning the better scores. Funny how that hypocrisy thing doesn't cross their minds.

Only an insecure person or a dick (or both) burns rubber at an intersection.

You were concerned about the price of his car and the youth of his female companion ... that has nothing to do with his traffic violations.

You were concerned about the price of his car and the youth of his female companion ... that has nothing to do with his traffic violations.

HAH. It was an association between his traffic violation and his car/trophy gf. Probably a reasonably high correlation if we could measure such variables.

HAH. It was an association between his traffic violation and his car/trophy gf. Probably a reasonably high correlation if we could measure such variables.

Actually not. I just so happen to be in a good position to observe traffic violations first hand and they occur in every demographic. By far, the largest number of speeding and exhibition violations come from young drivers.

Those progs that you are alluding to sing a different tune when asked if they want to donate some of their college tuition money to those without or if they would consider it fair for test scores to be raised for those not earning the better scores. Funny how that hypocrisy thing doesn't cross their minds.
I love how they love tax breaks for rich property owners in blue states. They justify it by saying blue states pay for all the red states, so the filthy rich in blue states should get tax breaks.

Actually not. I just so happen to be in a good position to observe traffic violations first hand and they occur in every demographic. By far, the largest number of speeding and exhibition violations come from young drivers.

Ok. You could probably expect similar violations for younger people across a whole spectrum of laws, be they bad driving to murder.

Without empirical evidence we can only rely on perception. My perception is that an older guy in a nice car burning rubber loudly with his young blonde gf at his side represents insecurity, or, he is just a dick. Otherwise, I would expect the guy at his age to know how to drive responsibly.

Maybe a poll somewhere confirms this. I'd say the same for a younger person, except, it's probably a different set of insecurities or plain recklessness.

Forum List

Back