Progressives Should Absolutely Tank Manchin’s Fossil Fuel Giveaway, even Senior moderate Dem Tom Carper is skeptical about voting for this boondoggle

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
The dirty "deal" being forced on us by Manchin + Schumer would fast-track fossil fuel projects and strip away the chance for public input or meaningful environmental review. vote it down, kill the bill!

The dirty "deal" being forced on us by Manchin + Schumer would fast-track fossil fuel projects and strip away the chance for public input or meaningful environmental review. vote it down, kill the bill!

So if we don’t have ”fossil fuels“ then what will we use?

• Banned
global human flourishing requires less oil, coal, and natural gas, not more!

there's a reason Apple, Google, and facebook proclaim themselves to be 100% renewable!

Last edited:
  • Banned
fossil fuels provide 4 times more energy around the world than all alternatives combined...that needs to change, my friends!

• Banned
In 2012, coal provided 50+ percent of Greece's electricity supply (in the interconnected system, incl. imports). In 1H 2020, coal was down to 12.3 percent—displaced by renewables, imports and, less so, natural gas. Reminder that markets can move faster than phase-out pledges.

EeqeQMzXkAQ-qNk

• Banned
California and Texas (the other two of the top three most populous states) each get about 25% of energy from renewables. Florida gets just over 3 percent from renewables

• Banned
For low & middle-income areas:
-replace fossil fuel subsidies with investments in clean energy
-reallocate irrigation subsidies to improve water supply, sanitation & wastewater infrastructure

More recommendations:

i once read a poll, but couldn't find it online, that 50 percent of Americans think fossil fueled climate change will eventually lead to the extinction of the human race...AOC, and i agree with her, says that will happen in less than 10 years if we don't change course

Some people think fossil fuels are running out. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

"A million years from now, over 90% of the oil & gas underground will still be there." - Chris Wright, CEO of Liberty Oilfield Services

that's why we need AGGRESSIVE action to phase them out, my friends!

FUaQJ8NXwAI9Ts4

We tend to deify nature and to view it as, ‘Oh, well, the Earth was this great, delicate nurturer before our evil impact ruined it.’ You particularly hear this with climate

Forum List

Back